Wednesday 17 February 2021

WOYWW...

 This week as you will all have heard we lost one very special part of our WOYWW gang to cancer so it is with a heavy heart I'm writing my blog today.  Shaz was loved by us all and the world is now missing a wonderful lady.  We blogged together for many years before we actually met at the crop in Wales so by then I was meeting a true friend....and I was not disappointed.  She was warm and loving and everything I had grown to love....and of course she came with Doug, her devoted, caring hubby.  We gelled immediately and enjoyed to many giggles together including meeting up at the Salop Caravans craft fair in Shrewsbury to enjoy lunch together.

I will really miss Shaz's blogs, everything from her enabling to her 'and finally' each week.  I will also miss her following my little sewing business and liking and sharing the different things I put on my Facebook page....she really did help my business grow when we moved to our new bungalow and for that I will always be grateful. Rest in peace Shaz....and Doug never forget you are part of our gang too and we are here for you always.



I'm a great believer in keeping busy when I'm feeling sad so I do have a few things to share with you today...



Theo has been enjoying some U-tube videos about a little mouse called Theo so I made him his own little mouse to play with. I found the pattern on Pinterest and reduced the size of it to make it a little hand sized mouse....I put pipe cleaners in his arms and legs so he could bend them into shape.



I had a request for a memory bear this week...it's for a little girl who has moved into the area to remember the happy times at her old school in Skegness.....that's another new school to put on my list.


The best bit is she loved it so much that she's ordered two more....and that's what I will be doing today :-)






Our son, Mark, has asked me to make him a fox for his birthday so here he is waiting for his clothes.....they will have to wait until I've finished the memory bears [work much come first of course].

I had to wait for a delivery of felt before I could make the fox and I also ordered the felt to make the deer....I've already started making her so you will see her soon I'm sure....she's rather tricky with lots of little pieces to put together plus I have to needle felt some spots on her.....fun times.






That just leaves me to say if you leave me a little message I will do my best to pop over to yours later.
Hugs,
Annie x


26 comments:

Helen said...

We will, as you say, all miss Shaz, so much! She lived life to the full.
I love little Theo mouse, he is seriously cute! Take care, stay safe. Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

Such sad news about Shaz. My heart goes out to all the WOYWW bloggers who knew her and had met her.
Have a big hug from Annie
Love Lynn xxx 12

Sarah Brennan said...

We will all miss Shaz indeed Annie. Love the new creatures for the collection and glad that work is picking up for you too. Stay safe. Sarah #6

Neet said...

Love the little mouse, his ears are so cute. Mr Fox is lovely too and it will be good to see hime dressed for your son's birthday.
Hugs, Neet xx (around 16 I think)

Mrs.D said...

What a wonderful creative lady you are, I just love the mouse, and the fox, they will be much loved by the recipients.
And such a super tribute to Shaz, she will indeed be missed greatly,
Thanks for sharing
Chris #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Isn’t it amazing how Shaz is causing it’s all to tidy or produce in some way, she would love that! A lovely post Annie, and happy to see that you’re still enjoying the animal making, I expect when you’re making one specifically for someone, you’re able to invest even more character.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

All of you are so blessed to have met Shaz in person, I liked her style and felt so comfortable asking questions especially computer problems, yes we will all miss her. I love all your new little animal projects. The idea of a bendable arm/leg is great. Our FOX population is on a comeback here. They are a beautiful animal, seen more in winter than the in fair weather. On the hunt for food. Annie wishing you Peace

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely tribute to Shaz, it’s wonderful to read all the different memories that people are sharing today, she was different things to different people but always caring and pure Shaz! Those animals are fab, wow, you have patience. I think the fox is my favourite character, he speaks in a Leslie Philips sort of voice, lol!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Shaz will be missed so much, such a kind and considerate creative, I never had the privilege to meet her but she will not be forgotten. I'm glad to see Theo has been keeping you busy through this sad time. Hugs Tracey #3 x

Twiglet said...

Just chuckling at Jan's comment - yes I can hear A foxy Leslie Philips voice too." Hello!" "Ding Dong!" He will be a perfect mate for your boy! xxx Jo

De serendipity said...

So many lovely posts about Shaz and her kindness in sharing her love of craft. Even though I had never met her IRL the wonders of technology have enabled us all to build a circle of crafty friends. She will be missed.
Absolutely blown away with your critter creations.
Sandra de @28

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Mourning the loss of a friend is hard, isn't it - but as you say, Shaz was a remarkable lady - fun, lively, positive - even when going through so much.
Fun animals there this week - and a lovely memory bear. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #29

Catriona said...

A sad week Annie and my sewing mojo seems to have left the building. I put my big girl pants on and made a tote bag for a challenge but that’s it for now. You are so patient to make all those Luna friends and it’s lovely that your son asked for a fox. Take care.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

How thoughtful to make a mouse for Theo - also called Theo? The school bear and Mr fox look cute too. I think you're right, it's best to occupy ourselves to take things off our minds. Thanks for your visit, Annie - and no, you were not late - I'm only just beginning! xx zsuzsa #31

Crafting With Jack said...

Sad week indeed, but you are right about keeping busy. The mouse is adorable and will be much loved I am sure. Angela #21

Sue Jones said...

(((((((hugs))))))). Such very sad news. As always, your animals are amazing XX take care xxSoojay xx

Felicia said...

Annie, such sweet thoughts of Shaz shared and loving shout-outs to Doug! What a great "arty family" that I know he feels he has been as is a part of! I loved your little card as well. So special! I love, loved your little mouse, and what an idea to put the pipe cleaners in his arms and legs! Brilliant! Well, brilliant to me because I don't do that kind of crafting, ha ha, but still brilliant! I love the memory you did for the little girl who had moved, something she can hold onto and now it seems, being shared with others! Funny how the things we do are like waves...they have a ripple effect! Have a wonderful rest of your week and many blessings to you! Felicia #34

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the idea of the mouse! And so cute being so little too. I adore the fox but I'm partial to foxes especially. Will he be dressed next week I wonder or is he staying as nature intended? Much love on this difficult day, Lisa-Jane #7

Chana Malkah said...

Your projects are so lovely and so beautifully made! I look forward to seeing them during my hop through the blogs!

I think that mouse is just too adorable!

Chana Malkah, #36

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I started off okay today with the visits, walked dogs and went into the cabin and now I don't know where the time went to! Loving the new pets, I'm sure they will be much loved. Shaz will never have really left us because her blog will keep her alive for us and I can tell you it wont be the last time I pop over there for some ideas when I get stuck, God Bless her. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela,x18x

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, I think I'm love with the mouse! How gorgeous is he? Such a sad week for all that knew Shaz - I'm enjoying reading all the tributes to her, she certainly touched all our lives with her enabling. Take care, Heather xx #19

Lindart said...

Oh my, the fox and the little mouse - PRECIOUS! I love your bears too, what great memories. You are very talented!
I never had the opportunity to meet Shaz, but I certainly enjoyed following her and her escapades on her blog. Doug must be devastated, he was truly her soulmate. Shaz was a unique personality whom I will miss. Thanks for your visit, Lindart #35

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely tribute to Shaz...

Love your delightful animals!
Susan #5

Anne said...

Hello Annie. A sad WOYWW for sure. Love the makes. Good to keep busy. Crafty has been go to during the last year and especially after losing mum. Take care. Hugs Anne x 33

Lillianb said...

Thank you for your visit, and kind comment,

I know we will all miss Shaz. She was a lovely lady and I so wish I had met her,

Love all your work well done.

Take care and stay safe

Lilian B 14

Shoshi said...

A lovely tribute to Shaz, Annie, and yet more adorable little animals to add to your family! They are all so beautifully finished, and have their own personalities, don't they.

Have a good week,
Shoshi #25