Friday 5 February 2021

This week's smiles....week 407

 Happy Friday to you all.  We've all got through another week of the lockdown.  I'm hoping you're all keeping well and happy.  I will be glad when the lockdown ends so I can get back to working but for now I'm making the best of the few bits I'm getting through Covid safe methods and am using my time well sewing for pleasure...it's too wet to get out in the garden yet.


Theo's mummy cut his hair this week and he wanted to show us what a handsome boy he was :-)

The photo on the right is to show me the floor mat I made Theo to keep his cars in [it has roads etc. on it so he could drive his cars round it when flat but also has a cord around the edge so it can be pulled up and made into a bag to hold everything in].  He is now using it for all his Lego as he loves building more now he's older and it keeps it all together and makes picking up easier.



Milly loves it when I pull out one of my fabric boxes to search for what I want to use next.  She jumps straight in and snuggles down...I think she thinks she's helping :-)





It wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies.  I found these ones on Facebook this week and thought they would make you smile.




Finally.  We have had to have photos taken to apply for new passports this week....I didn't realise they would be used to create new garden gnomes!!

I hope they have made you chuckle.

Please link up to your weekly smiles to share with the rest of us.  I'm sure a few smiles really helps us all get through these trying times.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie
What a lovely way to start my morning. I don’t know what I chuckled at most, the gnomes, the cartoons or Milly in the box.
Friday Night is our beans on toast night, only because the wandering welder cooks tea and that’s all he can do. I’m going to show him the new name for it after heehee.
I have a photo somewhere of Kikki sat in a basket of ribbons during a workshop I was holding some years ago. The ladies thought she was hysterical. She had an expression on her face as if to say she had every right to be there.
Have a good weekend and keep smiling Annie, we are getting there.
Lynn xxx

Catriona said...

Great haircut for Theo-I used my fabric scissors last week to cut my fringe back . The bag for lego is a super idea and we used old duvets at the project to make them. Hope you get to use those new passports this year-we have our first vaccines on 11th February. Thanks for the funnies-you always make me laugh on a Friday. Take care.

Lisca said...

Yes, he is a handsome boy for sure. I noticed he has a t-shirt with his name on it. Very smart.
Does he know there is a Theo the Mouse? He does educational videos for children. They are for 5 yr olds but Theo is very mature for his age, I'm sure he would appreciate it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP92Fumq1CI)
I love that floor mat. Such a great idea to pull it up with all the toys in it! You are a clever nanny!
I loved the funnies, but the gnomes take the biscuit! So funny!
The lovely Milly is so cute in your fabric box.
Have a lovely weekend and
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi we're back from dog walking just takes longer to clean the boots as the park is getting muddier by the day. Theo looks really smart with his new hair cut an the floor mat come bag is a great idea. Love the expression on Milly's face, I often wonder what's going through their minds. I bet if you wanted her to go in the box she wouldn't but because it's yours she loves it. The funnies are good and I just have to tell you this true story. Years ago we were invited to a friends house who had several children, the parents knew we didn't have any so they shut the children in a room and put the dog gate by the door so they could see out but couldn't escape so that funny might well be true Lol! Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

When did Dod grow a beard? lol - thanks for the giggles. xxxx

mamapez5 said...

Young Theo looks very smart with his new haircut. I expect he is missing the time he spends with you. that drawstring mat is a great idea.
I love Milly's face. All the animals seem to be drawn to box like a magnet, no matter what is inside.
Some good fun posted at the end to keep us all smiling.
Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I’m so sorry that I’m late visiting. I felt better on Tuesday than I do today. I can only sit and read for so long, then get a headache and have to stop. That's why I didn't join you this week. So sorry. I also won't be able to play next Friday, either because it's Chinese New Year and I have to create a post for it. At least, that's the current plan.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

All cute and funny, but the baked beans on toast still has me in stitches LOL!