Friday 25 September 2020

This week's smiles....week 390

 Well, that week flew by.  They say time flies when you're having fun and it's sure been right here this week.


Saturday saw my darling hubby attending his first football match [wearing his blue face mask I made him] for over 6 months.  Shrewsbury town was chosen to be a trial team to allow a limited number of supporters to attend to watch the match live and Dod was lucky enough to be one of the 1000 to get a ticket.

Sadly they have now changed the rules and there will be no more crowds allowed in the watch sports events for the foreseeable future....but they can't away what's gone so he was happy to be one of the lucky ones.




Sunday was Lexi, Sam and Gina's birthdays so there was a lot of celebrating going on.  It all luckily was able to fit in the 'only 6 in a group' and a wonderful time was had by all.

Who would have believed it was 9 years since the twins were born?



For those that didn't see on Wednesday this was the Luna Lapin rabbit I made for Gina for her birthday....she had forgotten she had asked me to make one for her so it was a surprise when she opened it.....what really made me smile was I had forgotten to take a photo of her and Gina and Mark had enjoyed posing her to get the right photo for me :-)




The other pics I wanted to share with you were a couple of funnies I saw on Facebook that made me chuckle...



....they just appealed to my sense of humour so I'm hoping they make you smile too.


That's all from me for this week.  I hope I've shared something to make you smile and you will do the same by linking up below....we really need all the smiles we can get at the mo.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m late for WOYWW again, so will comment here because I like the chance to be first! Luna Lapin for Gina is gorgeous, a doubly lovely surprise, there’s nothing like getting something that you really ant for your birthday! I’m as surprised as you that the twins are now 9...gracious me...do you think they do it on purpose, this growing up thing? Doddy was so lucky to actually see the match before the rules changed again, hope it can keep him going for now! I never noticed it before, but I like the extended bed on your sewing machine, obviously perfect for your embroidered Pieces.

Lisca said...

The twins 9 already! Yes, time flies. Three birthdays in one. That must be super hectic. But it's good to celebrate as a family and get it out of the way. It looks like they all had a great day full of fun activities and a yummy cake.
Luna Lapin is very smart. I really like her outfit. No wonder Gina loved it.
I chuckled at your funnies and showed hubby the trees grown through the car. That car looks like a 1960s Audi and the caption was funny.
The other one too. Strange that one can have 30 people for a funeral but only a few for a wedding. Perhaps they reason that a wedding is planned and can be postponed but a funeral really isn't.
Doddy was lucky to get that match ticket. Did his team win?
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca
PS It was really lovely to see Julia commenting. I have been wondering how she is. The last time I participated in WOYWW she was waiting for a brain op.

Lynn Holland said...

Things may be tightening up again Annie but I’m so happy so see your lot smiling and enjoying themselves.
It’s always so lovely to get a Friday smile fix
Love lynn xxx

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - great funnies and lovely photos. Shame about the footie but one day it will all be over and we can get back to normal! xxx

Catriona said...

Lovely photos and what a cake! Need to say again-beautiful Luna Lapin! Happy weekend. It’s a local holiday here so hope people stick to the rules if no house visiting! X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Sorry I'm late been taking Maisie to the vet's for a blood test. She was on some tablets for her liver after having her teeth cleaned. Nice to see the children having a good time and hubby too. If only everyone would wear a mask and keep their distance hubby would still be able to go to the matches but letting students have the fresher's week and go to pubs was always going to be a problem and now we all have to suffer again. The Christmas funny says it all and the car one well I can't think what they mean! Stay safe and have a nice weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Lovely photos of the twins birthday. They are much the same age as my grandson who was 9 a couple of weeks ago. It is good the ways families have managed to enjoy the children's birthdays despite the restrictions.
I can't imagine how we are all going to spend Christmas this year!
Dod was lucky to get to the football. That is a moment to treasure through another season of games with no crowds.
It is good that we can still find things that make us smile. keep it up. Kate x