Friday 4 September 2020

This week's smiles ....week 387

 Hello all. Hope you've all had a great week filled with smiles and will share them with us by linking up at the bottom of the page.

It's a quick post from me because life here is a bit hectic at the mo.  I've got customers coming and going each day now :-)



It's been a back to school week for some...Here's the twins posing for the start of their next school year.  Of course none of them have been to school for the last 6 months and there's lots of changes for them all.





Lulu and Steve went back on Wednesday....and for the first time there's just the two of them because.....





Phoebe started at her new secondary school yesterday. She was a little nervous going but once she met her best buddy at the school gate they went in happily together.  I love how Amy has collaged her school days from the very start here.




We spent the weekend building a pergola outside our kitchen doors and I really love it.  It makes me smile every time I look at it.  We have planted a clematis up the one side and a wisteria up the other so it should look lovely once they have grown up.



A few months back we repotted our Orchids putting them all in see through pots with new Orchid bark and it's really paid off.  They are all blooming their hearts out and the little one at the front [that nearly got thrown out because it appeared dead] has now got 3 lovely new leaves growing on it too so the smiles keep on coming.


That's all from me for this week.  Please join in the fun by sharing your smiles too because the world really needs all the smiles it can get just now.

Hugs,

Annie x

9 comments:

Helen said...

Hope the kids all settle in to school quickly! Love the pergola and look forward to seeing the plants grow up around it! have a great weekend

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Kids here are in limbo when it comes to school. Some have grades K-6 attend classes, then 7-12 learn from home. The premise is they are capable of taking care of themselves if their parents must go to work. It sounds like the youngsters in GB are going back.

That is going to be a lovely Pergola. I've read that orchids are fussy and take a LOT of work. Looks like yours are doing well. Have a great Friday and lovely weekend, Annie.

Catriona said...

Thanks for sharing the back to school photos-they all look so much more brown up in their uniforms. Our schools have been back since 11th August and it’s lovely to hear young voices in the playground while I am sewing. I see you have your sitooterie and it’s looking braw! Happy weekend to you both.💕

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see everyone back at school, fingers crossed it stays that way. Pleased to see the Orchids doing so well too they are a lot hardier than people think and it makes me want to cry when people throw them out because they've stopped flowering even plants need a rest sometimes. The pergola is going to look wonderful with the flowers on it. We still have a wisteria at the side of the house from when we had the pergola there and at the moment it is tapping on the conservatory window trying to get in and grabs you every time we go out but I love it all the same. They may take a while to get going but after that there's no stopping them. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Karen said...

Love the uniforms ~ I wish my daughter could go back, we are still virtual for now :( Great pergola and your orchids are beautiful! Blessings

mamapez5 said...

Wow your orchids are doing so well.
I love the pergola. I was sad to leave our beautiful wisteria behind. It was always so pretty. It doesn't seem to do well out here. I think bougainvillea is the Spanish equivalent. It is equally beautiful but its colours are much harsher.
It is good to see all the children so happy to back to school. It must seem a step nearer to normality for them, even if it isn't quite what they remember. They have had a long time at home so I am sure they are happy to meet up with new friends, and teachers.
I see you are still busy with customer. Isn't it time you took a step back and had some 'me' time'? Make sure you have some time out, and don't overdo it!
Kate x

Lisca said...

Great to see the happy faces of the children going back to school. A bit of normality, although it will be anything but normal. Learning at home is ok, but going to school is much more fun.
Your pergola is perfect there. I can understand why you are so pleased. It will take a bit of time for the wisteria to grow, but the clematis are faster. You might want to plant more than one. A montana that flowers in the spring, and another one to flower in the summer. If you get one that needs pruning, get one that needs one radical prune at knee height, that is the easiest. I had loads of clematis when I lived in the UK, and I love them.
Your orchids are looking lovely. Well done you for getting them back to health. Yes, I knew they sometimes look dead. I made the same mistake of thinking they were dead, but couldn't be bothered to throw it away as it was in an obscure corner of the kitchen. Then all of a sudden it started to flower again!
Have a great weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lynn Holland said...

I think I need to repot my orchids as well Annie, they are not performing as well and are overgrowing the sides.
It’s been lovely to watch the children going back to school. To see there happy smiling faces when the come home is wonderful xx

Twiglet said...

Where did Friday go!! lol. Love the photos - such a happy bunch. Your orchids are lovely -mine still blooming away endlessly too. xx Jo