Friday 18 September 2020

This week's smiles....week 389

 Another week has flown by here at Sewing by Annie's....and I'm still smiling :-)....I hope you are too and will share yours with us by linking up at the bottom.




Last weekend saw these little cousins having a play time [before the new 6 in a group rules].  Theo enjoyed showing his cousins all his new birthday presents and Lulu especially loved meeting little Maisie for the first time.


On Tuesday we took Theo to Ellesmere lakes to feed the swans and ducks.  We bought two bags of special food for them as requested and fed a lots of very hungry birds as you can see....one of the geese even decided to try nibbling at my toes!!

Theo will be going to school next September so the plan is to make the best of what time we have left before he goes....I well remember doing exactly the same for his daddy [seems like only yesterday!!].

Here's my latest collage from the garden...isn't it all looking autumnal now?

I love watching now the colours and seasons change in the garden....those are crab apples in the top right pic.  We have two little trees full of crab apples...and the birds don't seem to eat them sadly.

That's all from me for this week.  I hope you are all well and happy.

Hugs,

Annie x

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry Annie, I didn't get the "new 6 in a group rule." Is that something your country has initiated, or ???? And does that apply even within homes? Guess I'm very confused. However, it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Theo looks happy feeding the ducks and swans. Swans are beautiful, but can get really nasty at times.

Your garden is still filled with beautiful color. I am amazed at your green thumb. Have a super Friday and weekend, too, dear.

Twiglet said...

Love the photos of the kids - such a fab bunch. xxxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see the children having some time together. If only people would use their common sense we would not be back in the state that we are. So many people seem to think that going to the pub and having parties is more important that protecting people's lives. The fact is that if the virus has no where to go then it can't be passed on and if it's not passed on it will slowly disappear. I'm sorry it's just that people I know that I thought had common sense have proved me wrong. Anyway, loving your garden and at least we have our crafting to keep us occupied. Take care and stay safe. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

It is good to see the children playing so well together. Poor little dog must have wondered what had invaded her house!
I took the children to Ellesmere to feed ducks many times, but once a swan pinched our lunch from the boot of the car while I was preparing our picnic, so I am wary of them.
I didn't know crab apples were so dark. you need to find out how to make crab-apple jelly. As if you didn't have enough to do!
Hugs, Kate x

Lisca said...

Wow, your garden is still as pretty as a picture. Those crab apples are a distinct colour, perhaps that is why the birds are not going for them. It looks good though.
Lovely to see the children having fun together.
Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Lisca