Wednesday 18 November 2015

WOYWW....

What a busy time we have had since last Friday morning.  Our Ikea kitchen arrived as planned first thing Friday morning....in 150 boxes!!!!! We have spent many hours doing the jigsaw but of course had to check all the codes on each box to make sure it was the right piece of the jigsaw we were using!!!

So since then there's been no time [even if I was able to get past the boxes] to get into my sewing room.  I did manage to finish 27 of my Christmas tree card toppers before it arrived....

Sorry the photo isn't very clear ....I just snapped it quick on my phone as I finished my first batch.  They are all little patchwork Christmas trees but I have free machine embroidered some and used machine embroidery stitches on others....every one is different.  Lots more to do yet but I have been playing support act to my hubby fitting the kitchen cupboards since.

I know some of you will want to see the progress so here's a few quick pics....



On the left we have a tall larder cupboard, our fitted cupboard with the double oven in, a little infill cupboard then a corner cupboard that comes out into the room like a breakfast bar.



On the right is the dishwasher [have managed without one for 15 months so can't wait for it to be plumbed in], then will come the sink, a store cupboard and on the left in this pic will be the gas hob.


Looking down the kitchen towards the new doors you can see how the corner cupboard sticks out into the room and behind that will go our new dining table....we have managed eating off our laps since we moved house so really can't wait to eat at a table again.  :-)





As you can see we have been very busy [helped by several of our wonderful family members] but there are still wall cupboards to make/fit, the work tops to go on and appliances to fit/plumb in etc.  The boxes have definitely got less but there are still many hidden in every corner yet :-)...and if you're wondering the door fronts are off white and work tops and a dusky dark oak :-) :-) :-)

So there you go.  That's it from me for today.  Please leave me a little comment to let me know you've called in and I will do my best to pay you a return visit ASAP.  Thanks for calling by.
Hugs,
Annie x

26 comments:

Nikki said...

Look at all those pretty cards so kewl that you've made so many. Your kitchen is coming along nicely I hate Ikea with all their boxes just for one cabinet once you get them organized it's not to bad but it sure takes a while to make them all. Hugs Nikki 5

Helen said...

the cards are fab!! you've got more done and finished than I do... Love the new kitchen too, but don't envy you 150 boxes worth... Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You are good making all your cards! I don't know if that's going to happen here :-). Love your new kitchen, esp those big windows, it looks fab :-)
Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

Lynn Holland said...

Oh I am enjoying this house renovation story Annie. We put a couple of IKEA Belfast sinks in when we did ours and I used a converted pine wardrobe as a pantry. I made my kitchen table from a length of worktop and painted up the legs of an old rescued table bottom.
Your Christmas cards are coming along nicely as well.
Hope the kitchen fitting goes smoothly
Lynn xx

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea for the card toppers! Shame the stash and scrap fabric I have the least of is the Christmas kind or I might follow your lead :)

Lovely view out the back door too.

not late, for a change!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Anne said...

Super card toppers Annie. So excited for you re the kitchen - it will all be worth it in the end. Anne x #10

Twiglet said...

Kitchen looking good - I am not blogging today unless I have a scrap of energy left when I get back from Churchstoke.x Jo

Neet said...

Loving your kitchen. I can't wait to get mine done but it will be next year now I am afraid. Like you, no dishwasher (packed in ages ago) so want one again.
Lovely card toppers - well done you on so many - and all different. Wow!
Hugs, Neet 24 xx

buterfliecrafter said...

lovely cards, I did a similar design with gelli prints 2 years ago. wow, 150 boxes that's a huge amount of work, good luck and well done.Vicky

Julia Dunnit said...

So there you go...said nonchalantly!! 150 boxes..oh my that amounts to a lot of checking and preparation! Thank goodness it was the kitchen and therefore needed, you ,ignited have been tempted to store 'em for a while!! lovely style of doors, and of course I thoroughly approve of some nice oak tops! Again, Annie, so so SO worth your patient waiting!

Glenda said...

What a beautiful kitchen and oh my goodness, you are well on your way to having many cards ready!
Glenda #28

Elizabeth said...

I can't get over the number of boxes your kitchen came in, Annie! No wonder you haven't been able to get into your sewing room. However, your kitchen is shaping up nicely ... white units too, just like ours here - they are always fresh and clean looking :) Young folk seem to have no problem eating off their lap but I much prefer sitting at the dining table too. Your cards are lovely - such a good idea to make trees from scraps of fabric. Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #32

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Firstly, congratulations on working out the Ikea puzzle. I remember when my ex-father in law ordered a kitchen from there - and it took 6 of us all weekend to sort it all out (and 2 of us were carpenters!). I struggle with a Billy bookcase now! Lovely kitchen - so bright. You will be beyond happy when it is finished (we finished the farmhouse renovation over 2 years ago and I am still so happy when I walk into our kitchen). Secondly - loving the card toppers. I think I will steal your idea and do some fabric ones. Ali x #36

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Kitchen looks brill Annie, hope the unpacking/making/filling the rest of those cupboards goes smoothly, Max x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, the IKEA kitchen looks great. We need to replace our kitchen soon, and I told Hubby I want IKEA units this time. I love how they have such great storage solutions, especially for tiny galley kitchens like mine.Thats a lot of IKEA boxes, lol.The house is starting to look fab,all the mess and work will have been worth it. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

Lisca said...

Wow! That kitchen is coming on! How exciting!
I'm not posting today. I haven't had time, besides, there's nothing on my desk. I'm busy making a digital photobook for my mum of her first great-grandchild. Albelli are doing a special offer, but has to be finished by the 23rd to get the discount. So, CU next week, God willing,
Lisca

Sofie V said...

I love your Christmas cards!

Greetings, Sofie #17
http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh No! kitchens! it brings back scary thoughts of MFI, my hubby got to the stage were he would open boxes at the shop before he would take stuff home but hopefully they are better now at checking what they pack, I hope. But it's all looking good. Love the Christmas trees, gorgeous.
Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x26

lisa said...

Goodness 150 boxes, Annie, that must be some kitchen!!!! It's looking gorgeous, very fresh and clean, but I don't envy you putting it all together, I'm rubbish at flat pack furniture.
Love your cards, I hope you can manage to get back into your room very soon.
Thanks for popping by earlier.
Hugs Lisax #16

Bubbles said...

The card toppers are so sweet! And... I am totally jealous of your new kitchen already!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles (Sheleen)
#37

Sue Jones said...

The card toppers are great - the kitchen...WOW! Thanks for the earlier visit today ( I am SO late getting round today!) Have a great week. Soojay xx

Sharon said...

Sounds like it's all go at your house! Nice card toppers and I LOVE the kitchen.

Lizzie J said...

Lovely card toppers. Hope your kitchen jigsaw is a success. I certainly don't think I could cope with 150 boxes
Lizzie J #57

Ginny Maxam said...

Amazing that you found time to make these pretty, pretty cards and put in a new kitchen!! Love Ikea, this looks terrific !!Thanks for sharing!!Have a great week, Ginny # 12

Creative Cardiology said...

Love the little Xmas trees, they look darling!
Your kitchen is coming along nicely. It will be a treat to be in there cooking and be able to look out the doors to a lovely view.
Hugs,
Michelle #31

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Your kitchen renovation is looking soooo good! How wonderful that it opens up to the garden!