Friday 20 November 2015

This week's smiles....week 146

Hello folks.  Here we are at another catch up with the week's smiles.  Many of you joined in the fun by linking up your own smiles and for that I thank you all.  I know, for sure, that spending a little time each day concentrating on the things that makes me smile does me good so I hope you all feel the benefit by doing the same.

I am featuring Angela's blog from last week over at Felix the Crafty Cat.  I really loved the little toadstools she found around a tree where she walks her dog.  I could just imagine the little elves and pixies skipping around them while no one was watching....aren't they just fab?  Thanks for sharing them Angela.

My smiles for this week have mainly focused on the 'jigsaw' we have been building in our kitchen.  Last Friday our new Ikea kitchen arrived in 150 boxes and all week we have been sorting and putting together the cupboards.....we do have a long way to go yet but our kitchen is slowly developing each day.  Last night I helped hubby cut the hole in the worktop to fit the new sink in and hopefully we should get the sink and dishwasher plumbed in tonight.  Our son, Mark, hopes to come later today to complete the electrics and our son-in-law hopes to come tomorrow to certify the electrics for us so we can call the building inspector back to sign off the building completion :-) :-)

I have also snapped a couple of my other smiles to share with you...







We had to order blinds to fit the windows and door in my sewing room and Wednesday evening I helped hubby to fit them....don't they look lovely?



The blind we ordered for our new hall window also arrived on Wednesday so we also cut that to size and fitted that Wednesday evening.....I love it and can see me using the design for inspiration for a dumfed picture....sorry the pic is rather dark but it was 9.30 at night when we finished fitting it......Zzzzzzzzzz



The other pics I just have to share is this one I snapped of my two tired little munchkins after their day at play school enjoying a bit of chill out together watching a bit of telly....aren't they just adorable?


That's all I have to share with your for this week so please leave me a little comment to let me know you've called in and link up your smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x

12 comments:

Helen said...

Your blinds are fabulous, and I can see why you'll be inspired by the hall window one. Have a great weekend.

Lisca said...

Fantastic! Nearly completed! Yes, putting together a flatpack kitchen is like a jigsaw puzzle. You seem to have done it much quicker than I do a jigsaw!
The blids are beautiful. Especially the one by the front doo. I can see why that one will end up as a dumfling....
And the grandies are cute as ever,
Have a smiley Friday!
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Great post - I love those munchkins! Can't stop - got a house to sell!! x x Jo

Barb said...

How beautiful it all looks Annie. I love the blind. The littlies look really cute. Have a lovely week. Barbxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Somebody looks really tired there, so sweet! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

CraftygasheadZo said...

What wonderful blinds, I love them. Definitely would make me smile as do your littlies. My nieces always makes me smile with their energy and bubbliness. Take care Zo xx

Cardarian said...

Lovely blinds! Isn't it wonderful when a bit of decorating is done! Enjoy!
Lots of hugs,
CARDARIAN

mamapez5 said...

I love that blind in your hall. It is beautiful. I must admit I would probably end up adding something to the plain ones, but they do look lovely with your line of bunting across them.
I remember the fun we had sorting out all the boxes when we had a new fitted kitchen in UK. The end result was well worth all the hard work, and I am sure it will be the same for you too.
I also remember the lovely peaceful hour when the boys unwound in front of the TV after school, before they got their 'second wind' as mum used to call it!
Have a great week Annie. Kate xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow 150 boxes, I dips me lid to you Annie..well done!!

.. am finally joining over so long I know and late... but better late than never .. love your munchkins cute plus!
Shaz in oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards Fifth Blogaversary}

Hettie said...

I love your blinds. I really like the second one. Where did you get it? I am looking for some nice ones for my kitchen and den.
That photo of the munchkins looks wonderful.
I cannot believe that I have missed my Friday posts twice now, but I really have had a lot on my plate in recent weeks.
Hopefully back up and running next week.
Hugs
xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie, just popped in to see what's put a smile on your face this past week....I'd be grinning from ear to ear, your house is certainly coming together. The new blinds are fabulous, look just lovely in your sewing room and from entry. The kids are growing up so quickly, nice to see they're best friends. Enjoy your weekend cheers Robyn

Lizzie said...

Hello Annie,
I'm visiting from Julia's WOYWW blog, but I thought I would look around a bit. I was admiring your new kitchen, so it's interesting to read a bit more about your project - looks as if it was quite extensive. We have had two building projects in the ten years we've lived here - an extra bedroom & en-suite over the kitchen extension (that was already here), then we doubled the size of the dining room, by taking out the back wall and building on; at the same time, we added a "proper" hallway by knocking down the wall between the stairs and old sitting room, then adding a new wall a couple of feet further in. The new double-size dining room is now a lounge/diner and works really well because it's square and divides neatly into dining area and sitting room area. The doorway to the dining room, from the old sitting room has been bricked up and we have a new entrance via the hallway - freeing up the corner of the old room for furniture and making it feel bigger, even though we lost two foot for the hall!! But, never again... so much noise, stress, dirt and dust. I don't envy you the hassle - but the results look as if they will be wonderful!
Lovely photo of your children - I bet they'll be glad when the work is done too!