Wednesday 30 November 2022

WOYWW...

 Here we are catching up with all our creative friends around the world and checking out what is on their desks this week...I love my Wednesdays.

It's been another bear filled week for me and I'm loving life....




I made these 5 for a friend in memory of her mum.  They are to be given to the 5 grandchildren and are made from their Grandmother's favourite clothes.





This one was made from the same clothes but is being kept for a birthday present...I love the bright colours of this one.


I've finished my knitting and have sewn a piece of elastic to join the mittens so Louie doesn't drop one and lose it when he's wearing them.  I really love how the little Ugg boots have turned out and am sure they will keep his toes warm.


These are my desks this morning...I have 4 more bears to cut out and make today...and they all need stabilising with interfacing so that's 32 body pieces needed...as you can see I cut out the interfacing in batches ready for when the fabrics arrive [the black bear shapes].

The top three are for a returning customer [always the best ones] and the bottom pic is a fairisle jumper to make a bear out of...I think that one will be rather nice.





I am really enjoying the Christmas surge of bears to make but have also had 

  • a really pretty bride to have her wedding dress fitting this week...it's needing major alterations and the wedding isn't until August so I will be doing the sewing in the New Year.
  • a lady to have 2 skirts shortened and
  • I have 5 pair of trousers to shorten and a zip to put in a pair of gents trousers!!
  • Oh and I have to get my christmas cards ready for posting...they are all made now :-)
So, as you can guess, I'm keeping rather busy and I'm loving life.  I hope your week is as good as mine. Stay well and happy.
Hugs,
Annie x

14 comments:

Helen said...

wow, you have been busy, you can't have stopped all week.. my cards are nowhere near all done and ready for posting! Your bears are as always, beautiful. Happy WOYWW Helen#1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely set of new bears Annie. My cards are nearly finished but had to make more as hubby decided he wanted some too. The little booties look gorgeous. We are for ever finding odd ones lost in the park so hopefully the elastic will help to keep them in place. Have a fun woyww whatever you are up to today, hugs Angela x10x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A busy time indeed, it’s a good idea to recut the interfacing as I bet you get through a lot! I’m now the proud owner of a walking foot so will be trying that out soon. The little boots and mittens are very cute, I wonder how long it’ll be before Louie pulls them off!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Tracy said...

Good morning Annie 🥰 I can feel your zest and joy for life throughout your post ⭐️ From your treasured rainbow coloured memory bears ... such comfort they will bring 🙏tooo Louie who is going to be cosy with his mittens with theee most adoreable little boots😍
Wishing ⭐️ you much joy bringing the bears tooo be today ... Little miracles of comfort they are ❤ tooo all you have going on 🪡and whooop whoop on getting your cards all sorted 🎄 Wishing ⭐️ you continued joy in the week ahead with much love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxxx

My name is Cindy said...

Busy as always Annie!! I would never have thought of using a jumper to make a bear - bet it looks super!! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #14

Twiglet said...

All done at the exhibition - looks good. What a busy week you have had. Those bears are fab.x x Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

You are always a busy lady Annie. The memory bears are great as always and must bring such comfort. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

Sarah Brennan said...

As busy as ever I see Annie. Great idea with the elastic on the mittens - a time honoured method indeed. Cool bears! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Gosh, you've been very busy, indeed, Annie! I thought of you just the other day when I assembled a fabric advent calendar for my son - I just forgot to put it on my blog LOL! I'm immensely proud of my sewing projects, because it is new territory for me and doubt you kind ladies have inspired me! Wishing you a lovely December and do put your feet up once in a while! xx

Neet said...

Well, you are a busy bee sewing away at those bears and knitting as well. The boots are adorable.
I've been trying to catch up on my Christmas cards by putting something inside them and am on the winning side but i fear there are more cards to make.
Keeps me out of mischief but up to now its not been a good week sadly. Some people just like to stir up trouble.
Hiugs, Neet 3 xx

Catriona said...

You’ll be meeting yourself coming backward, Annie. Hope the postal strikes aren’t stopping your bear making especially as they are made so promptly.

craftyani said...

Bet that memory bear made from the jumper is soft and cuddly. Have you ever made any Christmas fabric bears? Love the ugg boots I have that pattern and they are cute. Louie will be cosy warm in them. ANi

BJ said...

Oh the bright one is defo my fav. BJ#18

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, those little knitty boots and mittens, just too cute Annie, Louis will look like a film star baby! I love that your desks are filled with bears, bear parts and bear strengthening, they have been such a great idea you had. ❤️