Wednesday 9 November 2022

WOYWW...

 I'm back.  Did you miss me?  We had a lovely week catching up with our Dutch friends that we met in 2000 and, because of Covid haven't seen them for 4 years.  We hired a lovely French Gite near Abbeville in the North of France ......my batteries are now well charged which is just as well :-) I will do my best to share a few pics on my Friday post if you'd like to see.




Before we went away I made this lovely Memory bear using a favourite Dress that belonged to a much loved Mum.  The dress had a lace over dress so I used some of this to make a lovely lacy top for the little bear...and I was really thrilled with the finish as was my customer.



As I'm sure many of you will know, I always make each of our Grandchildren a little 'something' to hang on their Christmas trees and this year I've made little felt Christmas trees...they were fun to make from carefully shaped felt that once folded up and, when sewn and stuffed, cleverly make the tree. I then stitched buttons on to decorate.....Of course this year I had an extra one to make :-)



Last minute before we went away I was brought the clothes to make 5 Memory bears using the shirts and jumper of a much loved Dad.  Sunday I cut out the interfacing, ironed it onto the fabrics and cut out the bear panels then on Monday I had a busy day making them all.

Plus clothing for a further 4 Memory bears arrived.





So yesterday [on my day off], I cut out more interfacing, ironed it on and cut out the panels for the 4 Memory bears which I will be sewing today....plus I have some skirts to shorten and at least 4 more Memory bears are coming today!!!







As you can see I am in demand and I think I was missed last week so I will be head down sewing today but will do my best to pop over to as many as I can as soon as I can.
Hugs,
Annie x


13 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Annie, glad you had a good break - sounds like you'll be hard at it again straight away! Love the little trees for the grandchildren! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Neet said...

That first bear is adorable with her dress on. What a lovely way you used what you had.
Glad you had a lovely holiday - didn't realise you had gone abroad - very adventurous.
Love the trees you made.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful bears as usual!
I really like those trees though - maybe I will have to make some!
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #13
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

How I wish we could get away, it just feels like for ever now since we had a holiday our visit to Shrewsbury was the nearest we've got to it. Pleased you had a good time. Despite you abandoning us last week lots of us still managed to visit each other on Friday which was nice. Loving the new teds and bet you've plenty to catch up on. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Twiglet said...

That first little bear is so sweet - I bet the customer loved her. See you later. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Glad you had a good holiday with your friends, recharged your batteries. The bears are all so different, I hope they cheer up their new owners.
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi dearest Annie finally managed to post, love those bears especially the first one, and how nice to have an extra granite this year, head you could have a break..
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

Abbeville . . . lovely little town, often went there with Peter, usually on the way down to Italy . . . happy days . . .
Love that little teddy with its lacy top, brilliant idea.
Have a good week
Christine #16

Julia Dunnit said...

Well Miss Annie, I’m not sure that you should be using your day off, kinda negates the holiday rest doesn’t it. Ha, bossy aren’t I?!
Glad you had a good time in Abbeville, sounds a delightful thing to do. We’re off for a few days next week, really looking forward to it. Cute little Christmas tree ornaments, you’re a clever stick!

Sarah Brennan said...

WHat a good job that you managed a short break Annie. Sounds like you are more than making up for it this week. Love the lace over dress for the bear. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Annie, glad you enjoyed your holiday. I love those little Christmas trees. I have two skirts that I need to make some extra room at the waist. They are both lined which makes things tricky. I have done it before, but not when the skirt has been lined. I just can’t lose the weight! Have a great week. Angela #10

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, glad you enjoyed your break in Abbeville. Your memory bear with the lace top is gorgeous and your felt & buttons decorations are lovely.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7

craftyani said...

Bet you dream about memory bears, Love the little Christmas trees I am sure the grandchildren will love them. How Louie is growing His first Christmas. Perhaps you should mark his with 'first'. Ani #18