Friday 21 October 2022

This week's smiles....week 494

I'm being kept pretty busy with my sewing and am now feeling better after suffering reactions after having my latest Covid booster....I've heard of many folk reacting following the latest Moderna vaccine so I know  I'm not alone so I just hope it now protects us over the Winter.

Saturday, while we were in Shrewsbury we walked up to St Mary's church where there was Steam Punk Spectactular event and wow it really was.....I must admit I thought of you Angela while we walked around looking at all the amazing outfits. Here's a collage of some of who we saw...




There really were some stunning outfits and lots of really lovely people....I really hope you have enjoyed seeing a few of the ones I saw.  





Shell sent me this photo and it really made me giggle.  They have bought a new book about puppy training but they have to train Reggie to read it first :-)





I love this photo of how much Daphne puppy has grown now and how well she is fitting into the family...she's such a beautiful dog.



Of course it wouldn't be Friday without a few funnies.  I hope you've seen something to make you smile and will leave me a little comment before you link up to your smiles at the bottom.

Have a great week all.  It's my birthday on Sunday so I'm guessing I will have fun.

Hugs,

Annie x

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Annie. Those steampunk outfits are amazing. I love how the lady dressed her dig.

I laughed at the puppy training book. I've never had problems training a dog, even when I was working and going to school. The first thing I did was teach my dog his name (never have had a female dog). Potty training was easy. Watch how the pup acts. If it looks like it needs to go out, then take it out and reward it for going outside. In the beginning, reward the pup every time it does something right. Then teach it to sit, stay, come, while rewarding it, petting it, and calling it a good dog by its name. After about three weeks of constantly doing the right thing, cut back on the rewards (biscuits and other treats). After about two months, all you have to do is praise your pet and he will obey every command. However, I NEVER ask a dog to do parlor tricks or put on a show. They are companions, but they should never have to do tricks. I do hope Reggie learns to read so it will be an easy way for him to learn (grin).

Really cute funnies, especially the blind date. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, dear Annie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, that should have been DOG, not DIG in the first paragraph.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see the puppies fitting in so well. Daisy is starting to understand the training manual at last Hee! Hee! The Steampunk lot are certainly getting around now they seem to be somewhere different every weekend and the costumes have got better and better too. Loving the funnies you always manage to find something to make us smile. I might be a bit late getting round everyone this morning as I have to take the dogs for their hair cut but I will check in to see everyone later. Have a lovely day, hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. There are some fabulous costumes in your collage. It looks like a fun occasion.
Reggie is gorgrous. I love dalmations. I am sure they will all have fun trying to train him.
Daphne is a lovely dog too and the children obviously enjoy having them as companions.
I have seen your lovely sewing on Facebook. If I lived in Uk and could guarantee filling every year I would have been tempted by an advent calendar for our little one, but I can't put the burden of filling it on her parents this year when they live on a very tight budget.
Your funnies made me smile as always. Kate x

Twiglet said...

Are you thinking of going steam punk then? I am sure you could run up a few fab costumes for you both! Lovely photos and funnies. xx Jo

Iris Flavia said...

Fun people and dog(s), too!
To loads of smiles!

LA Paylor said...

still laughing at the puppy learning to read. Good luck with that indeed. The children are all so bright and beautiful with their beautiful labs

Amila said...

I am glad that I found your blog while reading. This post and link-up event is interesting and I thought of joining too... :)
This event sounds like an interesting event. The costumes are stunning and everyone looks happy. Beautiful and cute photo with dogs...
Thanks for hosting and Have a nice weekend!

Amila - www.diaryofanewmom.com

Michelle said...

I love Steampunk! That must have been a blast. New to your blog. So hello!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These are all hilarious! Thanks for making me smile :) xx