Friday 10 September 2021

This week's smiles...week 438

 It's been a crazily busy week for me with sewing so this is just a quick post from me.  I've really had lots to smile about though.

It was 'little' Theo's 5th birthday this week and at the weekend he had a wonderful party with all his family and friends ....


It was one of those rare oportunities when all our 6 Grandchildren were together so of course I have a photo to share with you....they are all growing up so very quickly....love them all to bits.




Last Friday it was Lulu's first day at secondary school and I'm thrilled to say she has taken to it like a duck to water.



All three children started back to schools on different days because of Covid and on Tuesday Phoebe eventually joined her sister at their secondary school.  Her first year at her secondary school, last year, was distrupted because of all the Covid rules so it's really lovely to see her moving around the classrooms for her lessons like they normally do and she was excited to tell me all about it when we babysat them last night.

That's all from me for this week.  Please share your smiles too by linking them at the bottom.

Hugs,

Annie x

6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

You always seem to have plenty of sewing to keep you busy. There must be lots of folk like me who only thread a needle when we absolutely have to.
How nice to see all the grandchildren together. I always love family get-togethers and what better reason than to celebrate a little man's birthday.
I am glad they are all settling in at school. It must be nice for them to get back to some sort of normality. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, back from walking dogs. I do hope things get better for the family at school, it's such a special time, I miss it to bits. As teachers we see a different side to children and often they would open up to us about things that they were not sure about when talking to their parents and after a bit of reassurance they would get the confidence to do that. I think sometimes talking to someone who is not directly involved can help. I can tell you it always made me really pleased when it was me they came too. I need to go and sweep leaves away from the pond now but will be back later to see what everyone is up to. Have a lovely day, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous bunch - love them lots. xx Jo

Lisca said...

Oh you have been busy! I read about the 13 bears! That could almost be a fairy tale...
Happy birthday to little theo. Gosh how time flies! It must have been so lovely to see all grandchildren together.
They all look very smart in their school uniforms. And so full of enthusiasm.
Don't work too har!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful to see the children celebrating Theo's birthday. Steve looks so much bigger than Lexi in that photo. Are the twins really that small? Sorry I couldn't play this week. I had to share my monthly tutorial and it was the only time I could fit it in.

LA Paylor said...

seems like life is back to normal for y'all... let it be so...