Wednesday 14 July 2021

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another Wednesday catch up with our creative friends around the world thanks to the wonderful Julia over at the Stamping Ground...I just love Wednesdays.


Firstly I'm sharing my latest School Memory bear with you....this is another new school for me and brings the number of schools I've now made bears for to 32.

It's such a lovely way to use old school uniform to remember happy days at Primary school before moving on to 'big' school and I have  more heading my way to make soon.



I'm now showing you a very rare couple of desk shots ....I hoovered and damp dusted everywhere on Monday morning....I do make an awful lot of dust with all the fabrics I use.  All the cupboards were moved out and the dust bunnies evicted from underneath them all and my machine was cleaned and serviced....I even changed my needle!!


Are you asking why?

If so here's the answer....

I had a Wedding dress fitting lunchtime on Monday. It's a sort of pale coffee/champagne colour with lots of beading/embroidery  on the bodice....and its gorgeous.

I have to alter the bodice to make it fit [lots of hand sewing involved because of the beading and embroidery] and then shorten the 4 hems and add a 'hold up' underneath to hold up the train when she's dancing.



That's what is on my desk today because although I've made a start I am a long way off finishing it yet but as yesterday was a Theo day and today is an extra Theo day because his mummy has a transition day in school for all those that are moving up in September.....so its a bonus day for us as yesterday was supposed to be our last day with him before he starts school....of course we will still see him often but these are our last 'on duty' days while his mummy works.

As you can imagine, I may be a little late in doing my visits this week but I will do my best to get round as many desk as I can.  I hope you all have a happy creative week.

Hugs,

Annie x

18 comments:

Helen said...

oh, you will miss your Theo days - but think of all the extra sewing you could get done, lol! the wedding dress alteration looks a challenge but I know you will work your magic. Have a great day and week. Helen #2

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

As Helen says you will certainly miss those Theo days but making pretty things will fill a little bit of that space for sure.Beautiful bears and how lovely is that wedding dress. Have fun with those alterations Annie.
Take care of yourself & Happy WoywW Hugs Tracey #9 xx

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. I bet that getting your room dusted and cleaned must feel wonderful. What a wonderful idea to have a memory bear created from primary school uniform. Two of my grandchildren are moving closer to us next month (into the rental house we bought this year) and will be starting at the primary school, which is literally a short walk away. It is the best primary school in the town, which is one reason we bought that house. My 7 year old granddaughter's education has not had the best start at the school she is currently at in South Wales, and her reading/writing is far behind where she should be. We are looking forward to her having a fresh start and getting the help she needs. You will miss your Theo Days. Amazing wedding dress. Ali x #14

Twiglet said...

Enjoy your Theo days. Look forward to tomorrow! I love the look of that dress - rather you than me with my clumsy cutting skills! xx

Christine said...

I know how you feel about no more Theo days, my FX starts nursery in September and I really have no idea what to do with the extra day . . . I really want to mark if in some way but we'll see . . .
What an honour to work on that dress, hard on the fingers but I bet she'll look beautiful.
Have a good week
Christine #17

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice memory bear and that wedding dress is unbelievable. So much detail and beautiful hand stitching. Gorgeous color, too. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, am glad you had a bonus day with a Theo. Days he will never forget, and on some days, will hanker after! Good job on the clean up, there comes a pint doesn’t there, and it feels and looks so good when done, I love the view of all your machinery. The wedding dress is gorgeous. The bride certainly brought it to the right person.

Diana Taylor said...

I'm so in awe of your sewing skills - working on such a beautiful and intricately decorated wedding dress would scare the living daylights out of me! I love the little memory bear, using a school uniform is a great idea.
Hope you have a great week and have a lovely extra day with Theo.
Diana xx #19

Crafting With Jack said...

Your sewing must be exquisite, sounds such delicate work, I am in awe! Happy WOYWW Angela #7

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That dress must be stunning when worn - mine was sort of like a cream colour Jane Austen inspired piece - I'm not into weddings, but I do like pretty wedding dresses! The school bear looks cute wearing its badge. It makes you sentimental, doesn't it - it wasn't that long ago my son started primary school and now he's starting college! Honestly, where did the time go? Well done for giving your machine an MOT, I'm sure it will thank you for it later! Have a lovely week, Annie! xx zsuzsa #24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A new needle, blimey, steady on gal!! Glad you had a good tidy up, it really does make a difference especially when you’re working with such a gorgeous dress, how lovely to have a non white dress, very chic! Enjoy having Theo for the day, can’t believe he’s starting school in September…
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Annie you accomplished a lot on Monday, sometimes one can do so much and accomplish anything. Then Poof not for awhile again ! I can see you will be intense working on that fabric/beads and all WOW Love the Friday post of your beautiful little grand daughter ! Enjoy a great weekend.

Lynn Holland said...

Don’t worry about popping over to me you’ve got enough on your hands with young Theo and that beautiful wedding dress. 32 schools having memory bears that’s amazing. I’m wondering about our Jacob having one as he moves up to be school in September. I’ll have a word with his mum
Lots of love lynn xx 22

Sarah Brennan said...

Gosh, they grow up so fast Annie. I bet Theo will love school though and you will ahve more time to get your sewing done. Love the shelf of Luna and friends! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Elizabeth said...

I love the colour of the wedding dress. White's alright but not every bride suits it. Glad to see the wee ones arm is mending nicely. And doesn't Lexi look gorgeous - a wish I could lift my leg that high too! Hugs, Ellie xx

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

Your sewing skills are incredible. I have heard it said that those who are good at sewing/tailoring would also make great engineers!

Shoshi said...

The clearing/cleaning/reorganising bug is spreading on WOYWW, I think, Annie! How lovely to see your room. I love the little shelf trims you have made - it makes it look so pretty. That wedding dress is absolutely beautiful. It's a great privilege to do this sort of commission, isn't it. The school memory bears are a fun idea - and I am sure it is very nice for you to make some bears that aren't associated with bereavement once in a while. I am glad to read in your later post that Theo's arm is getting better.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely bear - and well done on 32 schools!
That looks as though is is going to be a beautiful bridal gown...
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!