Friday 9 July 2021

This week's smiles...week 429

 These weeks seem to fly by don't they?    Thankfully it's been another week filled with smiles for us and I hope you too.

The football and tennis on the telly has given us lots to smile about....Come on England!!  I've also had some really lovely customers, all thrilled with the sewing I've done for them....It really does make my heart sing.




Lexi and her little friend called in to see us yesterday morning all dressed up and ready to go for their dancing exams....they rang later in the morning to say their teacher said they had both done really well but they might not get their results from the examiners for about 6 weeks.....Their little dresses were provided by their dance school and were really lovely and floaty.


I just wish I could do that with my leg!!



We've had some special visitors to our garden this week...this was the only one I managed to snap.  If you don't know, it's a Jay and we have also had a baby woodpecker and for the first time in the 7 years we have been here we had a baby squirrel. 

I really love all the birds we now get in our garden...there's sparrows, starlings, black birds, pigeons, collared doves, robins, blue tits, great tits, coal tits, wren jackdaws....and probably more I can't remember. I could sit and watch them all day :-)




Finally here's this weeks blast of colour from our garden....it just keeps on giving doesn't it?

We have now had the last meal of peas [think we have had 5 meals off them in total].  The garlic and onions have now been pulled up and are drying and the area they came from has now been filled with more rows of beetroot and carrots.  The veg garden has done really well this year.




That's all from me for this week.  Please leave me a little comment before linking to your own smiles below.

Hugs,

Annie x



9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lexi looks really flexible. Your garden has a lot more color than mine. I have no color but green! Your flowers are beautiful and congrats on having so many birds visit. I'm ogg to find something to eat, then to bed.

Lynn Holland said...

That was a good week Annie. Filled with loveliness and a garden as full of wildlife as our own. Well done to the girls on their dancing. We’ve missed going to the biennial show put on by our niece’s dance school. We’ve been going for well over thirty years as her Mum used to be in them as a youngster herself. Fingers crossed it will happen next year.
Enjoy the weekend whatever you are upto dear friend
Lynn xxx

Lisca said...

Well done Lexi! (They should call her Flexi!)
It's good to know your customers are happy, it makes all the difference.
Wonderful that you know the names of so many birds. I can barely recognize a sparrow and a swift. Also a vulture. Those are birds we see here. Oh yes, and I know a pigeon of course. We were walking early this morning and we heard the most beautiful birdsong. I wish I could have recorded it and asked someone. We just stood there mesmerized.
Your garden is stunning. All reds this time.
You have really done well with your vegetable garden. The beetroots and carrots you have planted are they seeds or small plants? We are still harvesting the garlic and onion and don't know what we should do next. It's too hot at the moment. We shall see what they sell in the market in the way of little plants, and take it from there.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

I think you are a green fingered bird whisperer!! xx Jo

mamapez5 said...

Well done Lexi. She can certainly stretch her limbs and Ben's gym teacher would have been delighted with those pointed toes!
Your garden is doing so well. It is very rewarding when you have worked hard to set it all up. I love jays and you are very lucky to have one visiting.
I hope your beetroots do well. That is the one vegetable I had the most success with in UK, that and runner beans which are my favourite, but need more space to grow.
I am hoping my comments post better this week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm late today and I have to admit that when I got back from walking the dogs I was hunting for some new resin on-line so I'm afraid it's the craft stuff again that's distracted me Lol! Great to see Lexi doing so well, it's good for the children to have an interest and one that keeps you fit is even better. They were setting up in the park today for the summer fair so should have some interesting pics for next week. I can see your big daisies are out but ours are still in bud at the moment. It's really sunny her today so hope you're getting the same now. Have a lovely weekend. hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

I USED to be able to do that! Her legs are almost too long for her arms !

Helen said...

wow, look at Flexi Lexi!! Your garden has been very productive this summer.

R's Rue said...

Lexi is so flexible. I only wish I could do that. Your garden looks great. Happy weekend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com