Wednesday 28 July 2021

woyww...

It's been a week of posh frocks here at sewing by Annie's.  Of course that means I've had a week of dress fittings too and, in the extreme heat, this was no joke as my sewing room faces South and gets very hot. I have a fan running, windows open and the blinds down but it was still too hot to work comfortably but this has made all the difference....




My darling hubby has hung a bottle of ice in front of the fan and it really lowers the temperature of my room....my life saver.




Now, for those who like to see the posh frocks I've snapped them for you...there are two of the grey bridesmaid ones on the left of the photo and the red and green ones are prom dresses.....these were both for 16 year olds and they looked stunning in them [but much older than 16!!].











For those who were wondering what my challenge was last week with my desk filled with felt...
Our very own Caro, she of the Blue tits wild water swimmers, messaged me wanting a holder for her badges like the one that one of her friends had made so I of course accepted the challenge and here it is.....I hope she likes it when she gets the parcel.

Caro is actually holidaying in Shropshire this week with her family and I said she was welcome to call in for a cuppa if she could spare the time and guess what?.....


....she rang me yesterday to say she was calling by.  It was so lovely to see her.......we could have chatted all day.  Thanks Julia for starting this group all those years ago and for all the wonderful friendships that have developed from it all.

That's all from me for today.  I hope you're all managing to stay cool and are enjoying life.

Hugs,

Annie x

16 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good that you and Caro managed a face to face get together Annie. Maybe we could get a late summer crop organised this year after all (pretty please). Glad you managed to find a way to stay a bit cooler last week. I am grateful that the temperatures are more comfortable this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Twiglet said...

Fab photo of you and Caro - lovely that she could drop in to see you. It's a bit cooler for you this week. xx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

Beautiful dresses Annie, I live in fear of being asked to help with taking up or in chiffon and froufrou. Fortunately, neice, who is Promming next week bought a dress with a ‘built in’ alteration cost, so it went to a specific person. Everyone else knows better than to ask me!! Brilliant idea with the bottle of ice water…so simple and much cheaper than an air con unit!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That bottle of iced water is a clever idea - well done that man Diddy! I didn’t know what to do with myself, I was so hot never mind having to sew. Those dresses are gorgeous and I agree with how 16 year olds look so much older. And their makeup is always so perfect, it’s astounding. Lovely to meet up with Caro, Greta pic!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

How lovely that you and Caro managed to meet up - that's such a lovely photo of the two of you. It's a relief that the temperature has cooled a little, but I shall certainly remember that bottle of ice trick for next time - what a clever idea!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #13

Crafting With Jack said...

How lovely to meet up with Caro and a clever idea of your husband’s hanging a bottle of ice before the fan. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Neet said...

Lovely photo of the two of you.
Great dresses and a great idea with the iced bottle. I put one in the freezer last week to do just that with - then the two fans broke. We now have a tower - fabulous!
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Genius idea with the ice - I must try that! Wonderful that Caro was able to stop by and a lovely photo taken in front of your business sign! I think my son was relieved that they cancelled "prom" at his school this year. I don't think he would have gone anyway, but hopefully your 16-year-old customers had a good time in their fancy frocks! Have a lovely week, Annie! xx zsuzsa #16

Helen said...

I am glad the ice in front of the fan worked a bit, but no fun working in this heat was it! our office isn't air conditioned either. Great to see you and Caro had a catch up - what fun! Helen #2

Catriona said...

What a clever idea to have the bottle of ice in front of the fan! It was lovely that Caro could visit and a super photo of you both. Happy sewing.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, isn't your Did clever - such a good idea the bottle of ice. It's been scorching up here. I have been melting and that's from someone who rarely glows! The felt bird is stunning - now it's you that is the clever one. And how lovely to get a visit from Caro. As you say, Julia has to be thanked for introducing us all to each other. Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie x #22

Elizabeth said...

Dod, I meant Dod!!!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you've had a good week. I do have a fan which you can put water and cooler blocks in which is helpful in this weather. We are just not used to this and it makes it very difficult to craft so I can imagine trying to work is even harder. Wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Susan Renshaw said...

The ice sounds like a good idea and those dresses are beautiful!
Lovely that you could meet up with Caro!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #7
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


Spyder said...

That ice in a bottle idea is brillaint! Going to steal that if it gets that hot again! Love the birdie you've made for Caro, just perfect! At least she didn't turn up in her swimming hat! Brrrr! Her watery posts did make me shiver in the winter months. Have a great week and stay Safe! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#15

Shoshi said...

What a great post, Annie. What fun to meet up with Caro! I am sure she loves her badge holder thingy which looks gorgeous! Those posh frocks are lovely, especially the one on the right which looks so elegant. The idea of hanging a bottle of ice in front of the fan is a brilliant one - just the thing for a heatwave. In our old house, my studio/office combined (which never worked well for either function) faced south and was roasting in the summer, but in this house I am blessed with a north-facing room with lovely light and never unbearably hot - I've got a small fan that I run on really hot days.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12