Wednesday 30 June 2021

WOYWW.....

 Hello all.  It's been an eventful week here...and not one I would want to repeat any time soon.  I know your here to see my desk but first I'm going to share a quick collage of our events of the weekend....Please don't click on them and enlarge them if your squeamish....


Our little Theo fell awkwardly on his left arm on Friday whilst at Preschool and broke both the ulna and radius in his left arm [hence the shape of his arm].  He had to have a temporary plaster put on in Shrewsbury A and E [ to realign it sufficiently to stop the bones trapping the nerves] and was then admitted to Telford Children's ward for surgery on Saturday morning.  Thankfully the Dr was able to manipulate his arm and realign the bones without using pins or plates.
He was such a brave little boy but we have now got a week of rest and limited movement [have you ever tried to get a 4 year old to sit still for a week?] and then it will be reassessed with x-rays and decisions made as to what happens next.  




Moving on to what's on my desk this week.  It's been years since I made some of my tiny felt bears but I had a request for some good luck bears and my stocks were getting low.
I had forgotten just how tiny they were to get under the sewing machine [a bit like brain surgery] and how really satisfying they are to make.

I just have to stitch their eyes and noses now and to give them each a tiny bow.  :-)





I have had, what I guess will be, the last of my ATCs for the swap.  It's from Felicia and I love it....thanks so much Felicia.



And finally for those that haven't seen her on my Sewing by Annie Facebook page here's my latest little Memory bear made in memory of a much loved Grandma from her favourite cardigan.  I used the crocheted trim off the front of the cardigan to decorate the front of the bear and am rather pleased with the results [so was my customer :-) ].

That's all from me for this week.  I hope you didn't mind me sharing the trauma of my week but know lots of you will be wanting to send love, hugs and healing vibes Theo's way.

Hugs,

Annie x


20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh how horrible for Theo. I was amazed at that arm. I enlarged and probably shouldn't have. I hope you can keep him occupied doing quiet things for the next week.

Those are cute little felt bears and the Memory Bear is beautiful.

I forgot that I won't be around for Friday Smiles this week, but I'll stop by and visit, anyway. Happy WOYWW from # 12.

Twiglet said...

So glad Theo is Ok and recovering. Your bears will bring comfort to so many Annie! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ooh, poor Theo, that looked nasty. But kids mend so well, he’ll be romping around again before you know it. We went to A&E so often with Owen when he was small that we thought we’d be invited to the staff Christmas party….sigh! The little bears are very cute, I still have mine, and once again I marvel at your patience!
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Poor Theo, children are so much braver than we think. He will soon forget it ever happened, these events live in our memories much longer than our wee ones. Loving those tiny felt bears but how adorable is the cardigan bear, you have such a good eye Annie, the lacey crochet makes this extra special.
Best wishes this WoywW Tracey #1 x

Diana Taylor said...

Oh your poor little Theo, I do hope he mends quickly and isn't in any pain - how distessing for your family.
As always your memory bear is beautiful, the pink lacy outfit is quite gorgeous and a great way of incorporating the trim off the original cardigan. I love your tiny wee bears too, you have certainly been busy filling up that basket.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #28

Crafting With Jack said...

Firstly thank you so much for your ATC and beautiful card. My daughter brought my post to me and it was wonderful opening them all.
Poor Theo, wishing him fast healing! Angela #7

Helen said...

Poor Theo! Bet you're glad it wasn't on your watch but at preschool though!! Good luck keeping him still .... Happy woyww Helen #11

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Poor little soldier and so brave - he's even smiling, bless him! Hope Theo gets better soon - I can imagine how hard it is to keep him entertained while he can't use his hands! The mini teds look so cute but must be so ted-ious to make (see what I did there!) Lovely ATC from Felicia and I love the pink grandma bear too - with its own story and history! Happy WOYWW, Annie! xx zsuzsa #31

Neet said...

That memory Bear is beautiful - it looks like her own pretty cardigan she is wearing.
Love the tiny ones - I have a couple myself and bought more so that I could share with my friend.
Poor Theo - what a nasty break - hope you are managing to keep him reasonably quiet.
Hugs Neet 10 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The teddy is a delight and the little bears too. Sorry to hear about Theo and hope he'll be fine. Wishing you a happier! and crafty woyww, Angela x23x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my word Annie! that little arm! It makes me shudder for him. I did the same in a car accident and believe me, it hurt like hell. What a brave little boy Theo is, I see he thinks he’s bounced back already, I hope his young bones knit really fast and he’s not uncomfortable. Makes me grind my teeth to think of such a littly being hurt. And talking of little…those bears are the amount of idle that would make me throw them across the room. I can feel the argh rising in my throat just looking at them on the machine!!

Lynn Holland said...

Oh goodness me poor Theo and what a brave young man he is being. I remember our nephew Jacob breaking his arm at about the same age and then his cousin doing the same thing twice. Little monkeys.
I’d never be able to stitch those tiny bears, I’d needed mega strong glasses.
You’d have been proud of me last night Annie, I started a four week basic sewing course at a local tailors shop. My goodness the things my machine can do and I didn’t know haha. More about it next week
Lynn xxx 19

Caro said...

Poor Theo! What a nightmare for you all - I hope he makes a swift recovery. Those tiny bears are adorable, but the memory bear is something else - so special. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#29)

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Annie!! Poor Theo, how unlucky for him, but he seems quite happy in your photos and the young do mend quicker than us old'uns! Good luck with keeping him quiet though. The tiny bears are adorable (you must have so much patience) and the memory bear is a triumph, so clever. Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindyxx #18

Olde Dame Holly said...

How very brave Theo is! What a bad break, literally. Maybe he needs one of Grammie's Good Luck Bears!

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. I hope Theo heals quickly and is soon running around again. I love your tiny bears, and the latest Memory Bear is gorgeous. Ali x #15

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh poor Theo - he looks so brave in that last photo Annie. I do hope thet the later Xrays show no further surgery is needed. Love the tiny bears! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Annie, his poor wee arm! Quite the experience for him, one to remember for a long time to come. I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly one the cast is removed - little ones are so adaptable. Love your tiny bears - I treasure mine. Hugs, Ellie xxx

Shoshi said...

Oh poor little Theo! He looks so brave, and really great in the last photo with his little sling on and his thumbs up sign! That was a very nasty break. Your mini-bears are adorable, and as for the memory bear, that's one of the sweetest yet, with her little lacy bra haha!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #26

Susan Renshaw said...

Poor little man!
Love all the little bears and the Memory bear!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #24
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!