Friday 11 June 2021

This week's smiles .....week 425

 What a wonderfully sunny week it's been and it's been filled with smiles for us.  We went on the first adventure in our new motor home since we bought it before Christmas.  We had a long weekend on a campsite near Chippenham and while we were down there we arranged to meet up with Julia [she of WOYWW fame] and her lovely hubby at the Rowdy cow ice cream and farm shop.  What a wonderful day we had too....lots of chatting, putting the world to rights and of course ice cream was eaten too [but of course I only had a little as I'm not going to spoil my progress with my diabetes and weight loss].

If you'd like the check out my WOYWW post for this week you will see a photo of us all...just what life should be filled with eh?


We 'babysat' for Amy this week....seems a funny thing to call it now as the children are 12, 11 and 9 and the girls insisted on cooking us tea.....and very yummy it was too.

They are all growing up far too quickly and are such lovely young folk to spend time with.





We had a lovely day with Theo on Tuesday....it was a gloriously sunny day and much fun was had playing outside  with the sand and water.  





We have many bird feeders around our garden and this one is right outside our front window.  It was so lovely to watch this little goldfinch feeding this week....he was there for absolutely ages and even seemed to be posing for me to take his photo....they are such pretty little birds aren't they?


Finally I thought I'd share the latest collage of our garden flowers....we seem to have gone from a red/pink phase to a predominantly blue phase now and all our garden is being enjoyed by our resident bees.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today and will leave me a little message before linking up to your own smiles below.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Love all those blue flowers, and I find the butterflies and bees really like them too.
I am glad you finally got to enjoy your motor home. It sounds as though you had a really good time.
Amy's children do so well with their cooing skills. It is such a useful skill to have. I made sure my boys could do the basics, and two of them cook the family meals quite often.
You are lucky to have the friendly gold finch. We see them here occasionally, but they don't stay around to pose for me. I guess they know there are four cats lurking around! Kate x

Twiglet said...

Your garden flowers look wonderful. So nice that the girls love to cook for you and I love that cool pic of Theo chilling in the garden. xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! the garden is looking brilliant, we need more colour in ours. The children are growing so fast and little Theo is such a sweetie. Have a lovely weekend my friend. I'm off now to walk the dogs and then taking Maisie for her injection this afternoon but obviously not telling her Lol! Hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

I'm glad you had such a good time in the 'van. I saw your photo on your wednesday blog. Such fun to meet up.
Wow, those girls are growing up so fast! They are cooking on an AGA. I bet you had a lovely tea.
Your little man Theo is growing out of his pool. When he goes to school this september, he will no longer be coming to play with you on Tuesdays I guess. You'll miss him.
What a gorgeous bird. Yes, he was definitely posing.
Your blue flowers are so pretty. I love the corn flowers.
Have a lovely weekend,
I hope the weather holds,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It appears I overslept. I fell asleep about midnight my time, so I was asleep when I should have been linking. I never sleep this long, so must have been wiped out.

Enjoyed seeing Amy's girls busy cooking and Theo looks so happy. You have a beautiful flora and fauna back yard, too. Hope you have a great weekend.

Lynn Holland said...

Your garden is looking fabulous Annie and so are the kiddywinks. What a joy they are. I had my goddaughter over on Monday afternoon and I can’t tell you how nice it was to spend time with her again.
Well my Levens hall outing is cancelled as it’s closed Friday’s and Saturdays so I’m driving into Grange over sands for a few bits for supper and I may just have to call in at Yew tree barn for a coffe and a mooch round the reclamation yard and shop
Have a good weekend my friend xxx

Helen said...

you've had a fun week - Theo too by the looks of things. Love your flower montage.

Lillianb said...

Sorry I am late but lifer has a habit of getting in the way,

That was lovely to have the Children cook for you and like you said they grow up so fast,

Great pictures of the greenfinch, and your garden on lovely,


Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #10