Wednesday 6 January 2021

WOYWW....

 Happy New Year to you all.  Christmas came and went and although it was rather different we still managed to enjoy it as I hope you all did too.  I have enjoyed a break from work and actually start back today although, of course with the new lockdown I won't be able to work as normal yet a while.  I do have orders for 2 Memory bears and 1 Memory elephant plus I have a nurse needing 2 dresses shortening and another customer needing a new zip in her winter coat.  I will be operating on a drop and collect or postage service so hopefully I will get a few jobs to keep me out of mischief.

On my desk today is my sewing for pleasure...




I've now finished Wilhelmina Wood Mouse...she was really lovely to make and even has a tail and proper whiskers.




So far I've made her a pretty wrap around pinafore dress and I've ordered some pretty white fabric to make her a blouse/top out of.[because of course I didn't have the right fabric :-)].



I've made a start with Clementine Cat so I have something to hand stitch while I'm watching the telly in the evenings ...the instructions to make her head were really challenging and I'm really glad I'm an experienced sewer.


I hope you are all able to keep busy and creative to help us get through this next lockdown but if any of you are struggling and need a chat then please give me a shout.

Hugs,

Annie x

19 comments:

Helen said...

Great to see the finished Wilhelmina! Hope you manage to keep working safely but it sounds as if you have things to keep you busy!! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

We can always find something to keep us happily busy can't we. I love the mouse and I bet the cat will be just as lovely. I might take you up on your wool donation to the cause!! xx Jo

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie and happy new year to you all.
I’m smiling from ear to ear at your lovely makes and can imagine you sat there with the telly on stitching away.
Take good care of you.
Lots of love Lynn xxx 20

Neet said...

Ooh, I like Clementine, she is different. bet it was difficult making sure her head did not have points anywhere (except her ears of course). The little woodmouse looks awfully cute in her dress, bet the white blouse will really perk her up.
Happy New Year to you both, stay safe and well,
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It must have been tricky if you found the cat’s head a challenge! The thing I like best is the little pinafore dress, that’s very cute. Glad you’re feeling a bit better this week.
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the bunny, she is so cute. You make them look simple but I know from making this kind of thing in the past that it's not easy. I used to make lots of mohair teddy bears and a friend of my parents decided he would make a teddy because as he said "It can't be that difficult" You should have seen the poor thing! He never made anymore Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine and wishing you a lovely woyww and a Happy New Year Angela x19x

Lillianb said...

Happy new year,

Great work you are very clever, the mouse is cute,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #11

Morti said...

Hi Annie! Glad to hear you're keeping busy and have some sewing pleasure in your hands. I look forward to seeing how the cat comes out!

Happy WOYWW!

Morti #23

BJ said...

Adorable makes.
Happy New Year BJ#24

StampinCarol said...

The mouse is adorable!! And the dress, lovely!
But Clementine Cat is way too cute!
Have a great week!
Carol N #30

Spyder said...

Love the mouse, it must be fun making the clothes too! Sorry about your japs being a problem. I'm on diabetic tablets...something that happened when I wasn't in blogland... seeing I was walking 10 to 12 miles a day I have no idea how I became diabetic, but there you go. Too much sugar I guess! Happy WOYWW Stay safe, Keep crafting ((Lyn)) #25

Karen said...

I love Wilhelmina ~ she's precious! Clementine will be handsome too I'm sure ~ I'm glad you had a break and I hope the orders trickle in as needed/wanted. Enjoy your week! Love, Karen#32

Shoshi said...

Great projects as always, Annie. Wilhelmina's dress is lovely - most unusual.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh I do love the new additions to your collection Annie. Such a pretty pinafore dress too. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh I just love your mouse, she is beautiful and I am sure your cat will be too. Have a great week Angela #13

Catriona said...

You really are a star at making the Luna characters-I love Clementine’s face! Hope you are both well-we are housebound due to frozen snow and ice. Working on a jigsaw from 2019 for my workroom wall.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh it’s a shame, if someone with your experience found it a challenge, it could so easily put others off?
. Nice looking head there though Missus! Loving the names they’ve all be given. My first thought was that surely you would have enough fabric to make a bunny’s blouse? oh, of course you do, just the wrong shade of any colour!!! 😆

Caro said...

I adore that little mouse - so sweet and looking forward to seeing the cat completed. Sorry I'm late. Wishing you a happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)

Susan Renshaw said...

Annie, I love all your sewing for pleasure makes!
Sorry for the late visit!
Happy New Year and happy WOYWW!
Susan #6
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!