Friday 6 November 2020

This week's smiles...week 395

 It's been one of those weeks when I've had to go searching for smiles to share because I've had an UTI and it's taken the wind out of my sails for a few days.  It wasn't helped that when I rang our surgery they said they had had a few cases of Covid there and were very short staffed so I took myself off to the chemist instead.  They gave me treatment but said if things didn't improve I should contact the surgery again for antibiotics....they didn't help much sadly so I did as I was told and now have antibiotics...fingers crossed they do the job soon.

So here's my round up of smiles I can share...



We have completed the jigsaw puzzle I was given for my birthday...the lovely thing has been that each of the grandchildren has done a bit when they have visited.

You will notice the top pic is what was on the box but the actual jigsaw was of what happened next so very different to the pic....it was real fun to do.



We have a new little fur baby in the family.  Meet Betsy...she is actually Poppy's half sister....same mum but black lab was her dad.  She's just gorgeous and has already settled in very well.



Hubby treated  us to the local theatre last Friday to see The Secret garden film.  As you can see they had put crosses on all the seats not to be used to keep us all socially distanced.  There were far more crosses than people but it was so lovely to go out and feel very safe.  It was a brilliant film too.



This is Phoebe sitting at the desk her mum and dad have bought her for her birthday today....she's 12!!!

Looking very grown up too don't you think?




This is my last pic for this week ...just to make you giggle.  Milly really doesn't like fireworks and I've seen that putting a chopped off sock over their ears helps reduce stress.  This was actually her little jumper folded back on itself and it did seem to help....but she was having none of it of course and it was back off 5 minutes later.



I hope you are all staying safe and well and will share your smiles by linking up below. 

Hugs,

Annie x

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really laughed at that puzzle. I would have been very surprised when the box photo was different from the actual puzzle.

Sorry to read you have not been well. I hope the antibiotics work.

Happy birthday to Phoebe. She will love the desk, I'm sure. What gets me is when I see those kids running around barefoot, my feet get even colder than normal.

Milly made me smile today, too. She looked cute with the sweater over her ears. I can only imagine how little time it took her to get out of it.

Welcome to the new member Betsy. SO cute. Have a great Friday and a super weekend, too, Annie.

Helen said...

hope the antibiotics do the trick and get rid of the UTI. the jigsaw is very different to the pic on the box! what a challenge. It's a great puzzle though. Thanks for raising smiles on Friday as always

Twiglet said...

Your jig saw is fab - bet that kept you busy for a while! Gorgeous puppy and lovely snap of the birthday girl. xx

mamapez5 said...

Sorry you have been poorly Annie. I know how uncomfortable that can be and it really drags you down. I hope the antibiotics are doing their work and you will soon feel better.
The puzzle does look like fun. I do puzzles on my laptop where I don't know what the picture is going to be. They only have 280 pieces and I find them quite challenging! So well done on finishing this so fast, even with some family help.
Poor Millie. I hope she doesn't get too upset this weekend. I understand they are expecting a lot more localized displays in place of the big organised ones. Let's hope people use them responsibly.
A sensible move to try to avoid the doctor's surgery. Stay safe. Kate x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh dear Annie commisterations on UTI you and Shaz make a good pair... funny jigsaw, animals too. Labs are gorgeous as is Milly. Why were there crackers going off I wonder.
Praying antibiotics do their job. Keep well

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

LA Paylor said...

My heart skipped a beat seeing the puppy... I had a black lab puppy, who grew into my labradaughter and how I loved her! Never heard of putting something over the actual ears but our nervous standard poodle would not tolerate anything messing up his "naturally curly hair!" Your grand does look grown up... her room is so cozy with the view, may she grow into a fine woman using that desk to learn
LeeAnna

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear about your UTI. That is a nuisance. With the antibiotics you'll get better soon. I'm not in favor of using AB, but sometimes there is no alternative.
Happy birthday to Phoebe too! Her desk looks really lovely. She is a lucky girl to have such a beautiful room.
Wow! Another gorgeous puppy! She is so cute.
How wonderful that you have been able to go to the cinema. Looking at the photo, there are only two seats per row.
Poor Milly and the fireworks. I know you have fireworks at the beginning of November but couldn't remember which day. I suppose there was not much this year.
I saw on your Wednesday blog that you have been very busy. Don't overdo it, especially as you are not very well.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Question. Did any of the grandkids create a "GUY?"

Catriona said...

Sorry you are unwell-it’s such a drag having a UTI😢. Lovely puppy and he looks right at home. Oh my goodness, Phoebe looks very grown up sitting at her desk. Happy weekend and hipe you will be better soon. 💕

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, bet you wondered where I'd got to but I'm here now. Scheduled the post yesterday which was just as well as I got started on the baby journals when I got back from walking the dogs and before I knew where I was tea time. I so need to get them finished now or there wont be any Christmas cards. Milly looks so cute with her jumper round her head, Maisie's the same she hates fireworks and tries to find places to hide but Stan doesn't seem so bothered. Great jigsaw and loving the puppy. Phoebe looks pleased with her new desk and the Cinema looks very quiet but guess they will have to close now. Have a lovely weekend and hope you're are feeling better. Hugs, Angela xXx