Friday 28 February 2020

This week's smiles....week 360

Hello all.  It's been another wet, windy week here at Sewing by Annie's but my customers seem to keep coming [when they can get through the floods!].  I'm enjoying having a retired hubby here and we have been cooking/baking together quite a lot this week so we've had a good giggle.

I've a few quick photos to share with you that have made me smile...


I tried knitting some cardies for my rabbits but ended up with really painful wrists and cramp in my fingers [old age!!!] so I handed it over to that much older sister of mine and in a flash she not only adjusted the pattern to fit them but she knitted me three lovely cardies for the girl rabbits and here they are proudly modelling them for us. 

Thanks Jo, you're a treasure.





My partner in crime joined me for coffee just as I finished making rabbit number 5's shirt so he had the pleasure of dressing him....even Milly wanted to help :-)



Finally the sun came out so I went out into the garden to snap all the lovely flowers that are making me smile now.

I really love Spring....don't you?

If you leave me a little comment I will know you've called by and then please link to your own smiles below.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Twiglet said...

Not so Spring-like this morning - a wet walk to school! Your garden flowers made me smile - lovely. The three little maids from school look cute. xxx Jo

Lisca said...

Your rabbits are looking so smart! How many have you got now? One for every grandchild I assume. When will they get them? They have already quite a wardrobe. My sister used to have a Barbie doll and used to sew clothes for it. Very fiddly indeed.
Great that Jo helped you out with the cardies. They look very smart.
Milly made me smile. Is it 'let me see what you are doing'? or 'I want some attention'? (Possibly both)
Yes the flowers look lovely. I do like that bit of spring but usually spring is very cold and wet. My birthday is at the end of March so I usually remember what the weather was and we have had snow more than once. Admittedly we have had some snow on my birthday here in Spain too.
The internet is very bad today, so I'm posting this while I can.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the rabbits they look brilliant with their little cardies not sure about Milly though, I think she wanted to it. The flowers are looking lovely. We had sun yesterday too but it's raining today so no way will I get down to the cabin, typical as I was otherwise occupied yesterday but never mind. No worries though as the dentist was happy with my teeth so that's good. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

Beautiful photos from your very springlike garden. Love Twiglet’s knitting and funnily enough thought of “Three little maids from school” too. Now I have given myself an earworm of the song. I am off to have my haircut this morning which I don’t really like-weird, I know.

mamapez5 said...

The rabbits are fun. I really like them. Well done Jo on making the cardis for them. I feel for you. I am really sad that I can no longer knit. I cannot hold the left-hand needle and it just drops to the floor all the time. Thankfully I can still manage to crochet as that uses mainly the right hand. I love the look on concentration on hubby's face as he dresses the little rabbit!
Aren't spring flowers amazing. They are so resilient and despite the rain, they are still looking beautiful. Kate x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Annie, well don’t die of shock but as didn’t make WOYWW, I’m joining for Smiles day! Wonderful smiles here those bunnies are simply gorgeous in their wee cardies made by Jo, what clever pair, you are! I think the purple lassie might be my fav. Cos I love mauve’s, purples blues etc etc.
...then you’ve anew apprentice in training dressing them so concentrating, love that you captured it all! And what pretties in your garden too!
Happy Smiles day dear Annie!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, love the tiny cardies Jo has knitted for your rabbits - she's so clever with her knitting needles. Glad you two are enjoying the time that retirement gives you to do more things together. You're apprentice seems to be a dab hand at dressing bunnies! It is nice to see the spring flowers blooming but, as Alan says, they are flowering despite the weather and not because of it. Hope you are having a fabulous day. Hugs, Ellie xx

Helen said...

Love the rabbits and hubby dressing them! nice to see spring flowers (hope they survive the floods)