Wednesday 4 March 2020

WOYWW....

Here we are at another Wednesday catch up of creative spaces of our friends all over the world.  As always, it's been another busy week for me.  Even when my days aren't filled with sewing for my customers I tend to fill them with sewing for pleasure so here's a catch up with what I've been busy with....



Here's the first Memory bear I've made this week.  It was for the lady who won my Valentine's Day draw over on my Facebook page and is made from tiny babygros.

There's a special offer over there now with Mum's in mind if you're interested.




The second one was made for a returning customer.  I made one for her in memory of her Mum when she died and this one is in memory of her Dad who has recently now died too.
I feel so blessed to make special memories for such lovely people and love how they share their memories with me.

 


In between jobs I've been making this special little coat for Phoebe's rabbit.  I've made my own bias binding to match the rabbit's dress and really enjoyed making the detailed coat  [it has many panels with lots of top stitching plus it has pocket flaps and  sleeve details with buttons on ] ....took me easily a day and a half to make but if you'd seen Phoebe's face when she saw it you would just know how much pleasure it gave me.



Doesn't Phoebe's rabbit look rather special now?

Of course I now have two more coats to make for Lulu and Lexi's rabbits so first I have to find 8 buttons for each....


I managed to find 8 for the purple/lilac coat eventually but to find 8 for the turquoise coat wasn't so easy....so many buttons to choose from too!!

Jo has looked at her buttons and hopefully we will find 8 between us :-)....or of course I just may have to go out to buy some :-)








I hope you have enjoyed a peek into my world and will leave me a little message so I know you've called by.  I will aim to get over to yours ASAP....but please be patient with me as it was my darling hubby's birthday yesterday and there just may be a bit of celebrating to do.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Phoebe’s rabbit is absolutely beautiful. I wouldn’t want to part with it. I know I’m always saying it but I’ll say it again, you are one very clever special lady Annie and your children and grandchildren are very lucky to have you
Lynn xx

Helen said...

The rabbit is gorgeous. I hope you find enough matching buttons in your or Jo's stash - surely between you!!! Have a great week Helen #3

Twiglet said...

Hope the boy had a fab day! I have a little bagful of buttons so maybe we have 8 the same!! xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That coat is amazing!! Such detail - you could probably have made a full size one in the same time. Clever you, it's gorgeous!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Happy returns to the man of your dreams, hope you can celebrate spectacularly! Phoebe’s rabbit looks gorgeous. My baby gal had a coat not unlike that in real life when she was little, what a fantastic make, but the fiddly scale for the pocket flaps and things...I know all about it Annie and therefore declare it a triumph! I know you love it but it takes some patience

Neet said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday to hubby.
Am sure you will find 8 suitable buttons which means you don't have to "drag yourself" to the shop for some, I am sure you will hate that (wink wink)
Well, what a lot of work went into that coat making, but as you say, the look on our grandees face when she saw it must be priceless. It really is beautiful though, a work of art.
Hugs Neet xx 8

sandra de said...

Who would of thought a bunny could look so distinguished. But then again Bunny is dressed by "Annie" ....have a lovely week sorting out those buttons.....
sandra de @16

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, and Happy Birthday to Hubby!All those lovely buttons, reminds me of being a kid and playing with my Moms button tin!Lovely Valentines day bear, she'll love him to bits I'm sure. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your stuffed animals look fantastic. I especially like the valentine bear.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, if that was me and I can't find enough of the identical buttons I would use eight different ones and you've certainly got enough there to be able to do it but then I like things a bit quirky. Happy belated birthday to hubby and woyww hugs for you, Angela x14x.

lisa said...

Phoebe's rabbit looks splendid in her new coat. It'll certainly keep her warm in this chilly weather.
Hope you do lots of celebrating for hubby's birthday. I hope he had a lovely day.
Have a good week

Hugs Lisax #23





Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, goodness, the coat is a teeny wee work of art! Both bears are lively but I particularly like the Tweedy one - I'm sure he will be treasured. Hope you find just the right buttons for coat number three. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie x #20

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the rabbit, no wonder Phoebe is pleased. Hope you find the right number of buttons. Angela #28

Caro said...

Love the little rabbit and the bears are so special - mine are sat on my desk at the moment. Have a good week. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#15)

Catriona said...

Happy birthday to him indoors and hope he had a lovely day. The wee pink coat is exquisite-you have great patience. Happy sewing!

Anne said...

Hi Annie. You know how much I love your bears! The rabbits and clothes are delightful. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Anne X 15

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, the rabbit coat is officially amazing - I can well imagine Phoebe's face when she saw it. She is lucky to have such a talented grandma (or nan/granny/gran) - so many different names to choose. Hope you find your turquoise buttons! Have a lovely week Heather xx #6

Sarah Brennan said...

That is an exquisitely dressed rabbit Annie. Very elegant. Good luck with the button search, although if you have to buy some more I am sure you will find a good use for the rest lol. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

Sue Jones said...

Wow ! You are so clever - I love the rabbit but the jacket is just amazing! Have a great week. Soojay