Friday 14 February 2020

This week's smiles....week 358

Another week, another head cold but still plenty to make me smile thankfully.

I like to take a little time out of my busy life to focus on the good things in my life and to share just a few of them hoping to make others smile too.  It does me good and I hope it rubs off on all those who visit each week....please feel very welcome to share your smiles too by linking up at the bottom of the page.  With all the doom and gloom in this world we live in I like to do my bit to share a little happiness.

Shell shared this photo with me this week of their puppy, Jet watching the telly.  She sent me a video too and it showed Jet empathising with the corgi in the film...it made us all chuckle [I'm sorry but I'm unable to share the video with you].



Little Jet is growing fast and is such a lovely little dog now.



My smiles have mostly focussed on the signs of Spring around our garden.  There seems new life everywhere I look so I popped out with my camera to share a collage of what I found with you....Spring is on it's way....wahoooooooo.

Or is it?

I found these few funnies on Pinterest to make you smile....







Looking at our garden...this one seemed appropriate :-)





Then....with all the bad weather we've been having maybe this one is right?  :-)




Thankfully we haven't had a lot of snow and what we have had hasn't stayed long but this one made me chuckle.


Then I found this one and, as today is the last day of the course we have been having at the gym and we can't afford the £800 plus they want for another year there, I thought maybe this one might be right for me?

Sadly this head cold has included earache and vertigo so we have been unable to got to our last few sessions at the gym but hopefully it's given us the insentive to get and stay fitter....fingers crossed.

Hugs,
Annie x

4 comments:

Twiglet said...

Our tete a tetes are in bloom and making me smile too. Let's hope the gales don't knock them back this weekend. Hope that cold clears up soon. xx Jo

Lisca said...

Such lovely snowdrops! A sure sign that spring is coming. I spot some budding daffodils too.
I had to smile at Jet watching the dog cartoon. I bet that was funny. I wonder if dogs recognize that they are looking at another dog. Or is it just that something colourful moves (like a toddler in front of the washing machine).
Your funnies are really funny, and I really had to laugh at the spring rolls. It's such a shame that they want such a lot of money to go to the gym. (I pay 10 euros a month). You'll have to find some other way of moving. You can't stop now. Is there a Ramblers in your town so you can go walking? or a Pilates course? It really is good for you to do something (apart from making those lovely bears and rabbits)
I read your Wednesday blog and was moved by that letter from a client. That's what makes it all worth while. You are obviously filling a need.
Wishing you a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie great pics today. I can relate to the weather though again thank goodness we've not had much snow but the days are variable. I am wondering which Gym you go to. The prices vary so much. My friend and I go to Sports Direct and it's only £19.99 a month and for an extra £5.00 a month you can have as many classes as you want though we don't bother with those as we have a set workout that we do. Little Jet is so sweet. I often wonder what must be going through their minds when they watch TV. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

A cute picture of Jet. Puppies change so quickly over the first few months don't they? Ours have never shown any interest in what they see or hear on TV. But if another dog walks passed our house, even a silent one, then that is a different matter...!
Your gym does sound very expensive. I really admire the way you have stuck with it. I hope you can find something with a more reasonable fee to replace it.
Your funnies made me smile. Our weather is like being on a see-saw and so is your's too from what I have seen. But hopefully Spring really is on the way now. It certainly looks as though it is in your garden. Kate xx