Wednesday 19 February 2020

WOYWW...

Hello to you all.  I'm really hoping you are all safe and dry and not been too affected by the awful flood and wind damage throughout the country.  Shrewsbury was almost completly cut off by the floods.  Thankfully we were not affected but out hearts go out to those who have been.

The weather hasn't stopped the steady flow of customers I've had this last week and this is what my rail looks like....
Since you were here last week I have...
  • Shortened 7 pairs of trousers
  • Put a new 26" open ended zip in a jacket
  • Shortened the sleeves on a dress
  • Shortened a lined dress
  • Sewed up the splits in another dress
  • Sewn a badge on a fleece jacket
And made another School Memory bear...





This one was a special gift for a little girl going to her new adoptive home to remember happy school days when life had been tough.

For those that like to be kept up to date with how many I've made....this one is number 314.  What a lot of love I've managed to spread around the world eh?


You may have noticed in the first pic that the last Luna Lapin rabbit I made was lying down across the legs of the others [that's what you get when you've had little visitors checking out their progress].  He's still waiting for some clothes but you may be able to see that here on my sewing maching today is a little shirt being made for rabbit number 5 so when I've finished this it will be rabbit number 6's turn to be fitted out :-)



Over on my other desk I have a pile of new felt waiting to be made into coats for the girl bunnies....of course when you pay a visit to the local fabric shop you just have to buy something new....don't you?

That's all from me for today.  I hope to catch up with as many of you that I can at some point.  Stay safe and warm my friends.
Hugs,
Annie x

16 comments:

Helen said...

I am glad you weren't affected personally by the flooding, I was thinking of you. Looks like you'll be dashing about today with the rail full of work! Helen #1

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

So glad you are safe from the storm, and love your busy desks and you are so right you have to buy when you go into anywhere they sell a lot of what you need lol

Lilian B #8

Catriona said...

We were thinking about you Annie this week when we saw flooding in Shrewsbury. -Glad you are safe but how awful for those who have been flooded (again). You are a busy woman as always and the Luna Lapin picture is so funny-I see the small people share the family sense of humour. Happy sewing and hope that poor bunny has clothes soon.

lisa said...

I'm glad you escaped the floods, Annie. It's been awful hasn't it. Thankfully, we missed the worst of it last weekend.
You always have such lovely things on your post. You do indeed spread the love around. Long may it continue.

Hugs Lisa x #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm not surprised you enjoy making the bears it must be great just waiting to see what fabric arrives next to be altered. Pleased to hear you escaped the floods too. I feel so sorry for those people who didn't. Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Sue Jones said...

Horrible weather- glad you were okay. I can't believe how much you have completed in the week. Wow. I adore the memory bears <3
Soojay #11

Belinda Basson said...

Busy as always and glad to hear the weather did not deter customers!

Glenda said...

It looks like you have been a busy bee lately. And those sweet little bears...how cute!
Glenda #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lol at the rabbit! I like the soft heathery tones of the new fabrics, they're going to look so lovely. I did well with the mountain of fabric that was dumped on me yesterday, I sorted it out straight away and G took over half of it to the fabric recycling by the Co-op today - it just wasnt' suitable for bags. And the rest is folded neatly in a bag waiting for the next sewing day!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, so glad you avoided any flooding, seeing some areas on the news is shocking. You feel so sad for all the destruction and upheaval they are suffering. Loving the bear as always, and wow, thats an amazing number of bears! Just spotted your iron on the desk- I have an identical one- not that it sees a huge amount of use, lol.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, glad to see that the atrocious weather hasn't dampened your spirits or kept your customers from venturing out. We've avoided the flooding too but a few mini lochs have appeared in nearby fields and we have another two storms, Ellen and Francis, on the way. In fact, Ellen could be here already judging by the torrential rain that's lashing my window right now. I do hope the little girl will be happy with her adoptive family and the memory bear will be a lovely source of comfort in the days to come. Love your new felt find - beautiful colours that will be perfect on your bunny family. Take care and stay safe. Hugs, Ellie x #22

Neet said...

314 is a heck of a lot of love, lovely!
So glad you were safe in the heavy rains that much of the country suffered, terrible heartbreaking pictures on tv and other places weren't they.
I thought the little rabbits were having a game and she/he was lying across their laps for something they were playing. You never know what these little folks get up to do you?
Hugs, Neet 10 xx
ps glad you liked the video but I was a bit too soon in saying my back was ok, today has been another story, sadly!

Caro said...

So glad you were safe in all these storms. Loving the rabbits and the memory bear! Happy WOYWW. Have a wonderful week. With love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, glad to hear you stayed safe in Storm Dennis. That's such a lovely memory bear, I'm sure it will be treasured for many years. Have a lovely week Heather xx #26

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad you weren't flooded Annie. Love the latest memory bear. 315! That's a lot of love and comfort you have shared around. Looking forward to seeing the new bunny outfits. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #2

Twiglet said...

I think the little cardi worked so I will re write the pattern! xx Jo