Friday 19 July 2019

This weeks smiles....week 330

This week my post is one full of so much promise....I can't stop smiling.

The lovely raised veg garden I shared with you last week has changed a little....




We had a delivery of two dumpy bags full of topsoil dropped at the front of the bungalow so my darling hubby had to barrow it all round to the back and this is how he filled the raised garden.  



We spent the weekend preparing the soil and planting it up and can already see new growth....we've planted dwarf french beans, beetroot, mixed coloured carrots, mixed salad leaves and mixed coloured radishes.



Our little greenhouse also holds a lot of promise...the tomatoes and fruiting well and with all the sunshine we are having I'm sure will soon start ripening for us.




Having bought a Motor home last September and spent many weekends in it we realised there was one or two things we wanted so this week we have upgraded it and now we have this ....and I love it.



This is the main reason...this one has a fixed bed that can be made up and left up to save my poor hubby having to make the bed up each night....my knees don't allow me to kneel so I am unable to do it.





My other smiles have been from the wonderful photos Amy has sent me from their holidays in France....just look at that sunshine and sunflowers.

I hope you have found something to make you smile today and will leave me a little message before you then link up below to share your smiles.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Helen said...

Well done to hubby for all that backbreaking wheelbarrowing of soil!! the new motor home looks great, you will have lots of fun out and about I am sure. Lovely to see the photos from Amy too- they're away early before the crowds!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You really DO have a lot to smile about this week. Your husband really deserves the medal of the week, dear Annie. Getting that raised bed filled was by far his good deed of the week. I don't quite understand why they couldn't have dropped the soil a bit closer, LIKE IN THE BED!

Speaking of beds. You both can smile about your new camper. It's going to serve you two well. That's going to be a joy when the two of you travel with Milly to parts unknown.

Great photos of the children in France, too. They are such hams! Hope you have a super Friday and weekend, too.

Lisca said...

Oh, your raised bed looks really good already! So many nice things growing there. And tomatoes almost ready with the good weather you have been having. Fab!
I am impressed with your upgraded camper van. What a beauty! Well done! I remember we had to always fold up the bed in our caravan before we could sit down and have breakfast. We got a bit weary after a while, so when we bought our camper, we made sure we had a separate bed. Ours had a bed that pulls down from the ceiling in the cabin.Also a good solution.But I'm very happy for you that you were able to get a fixed bad camper.
The other photos are great too. The kiddos in France are having a great time by the looks of it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I think this happens quite often when you buy a Motor home. If you find you really like it you will a;most certainly go for something even better and this looks perfect for your needs. So pleased to see your new raised bed starting to come to life and the children enjoying their hols but no sign of Milly....now I wonder what she's up to! Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

Super sunny photos all round this week Annie. I wish you many happy adventures in your moho and remember to come to Scotland so that we can share some time with you. X

Lynn Holland said...

Always makes me smile when I pop by on a Friday Annie.
Thanks for showing us xx

Anne said...

Hi Annie. I have been soooo busy, no time to join in anything :-( love the raised bed, would love one! Would also love motorhome but DH lost his confidence re driving now :-(
We hope to do trip to Shrewsbury soon ( my friend and me) Anne X

mamapez5 said...

Sorry I am late visiting. My folks went home at 5.30 this morning! I feel as though I have been up forever. Your little veggie patch is coming on a treat and you have a good crop of tomatoes to enjoy soon. Well done to hubby for all the hard graft.
The upgrade on the van is super and I can see it is much easier for you.
Amy's family are all enjoying their holiday in France. I love the fields of sunflowers you get there. We are just a bit too far south to have them here.
hugs, Kate x