Friday 5 July 2019

This week's smiles....week 328

Another week and there's been plenty to smile about.  The Memory bears have come flooding in, I now have 5 sitting finished on my desk and I still have more arriving today.....that has given me lots to smile about.

 I also have a few snaps to share with you...



One of my orchids has new blooms and the other two plants behind it also have shoots heading upwards.

A little cyclamen that I thought was dying has burst into bloom....there are 6 already and several more to come yet....I'm sorry to say it had been rather neglected but has survived thankfully.



Phoebe and Lulu have just finished going to Brownies and Amy sent me the photos of their first and last days....oh how they have grown over the last two years....they tell me they would like me to make them cushions out of their hoodies now with all their badges on.  :-)















And finally here's a couple of funnies I found on Pinterest.  The sun has been shining over the last week or more now and there are so many people about who have overindulged.....it's all or nothing here in England. :-)



I hope you've enjoyed your visit and found something to smile about.  Please share your smiles by linking them below.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice news on the memory bears. Your orchids are incredible, too. I also like your cyclamen, too. Sometimes they have to rest before they can come back strong.

Congratulations to Phoebe and Lulu. A nice accomplishment and some very nice badges, too. Those girls are NOT camera shy, which makes me happy. They are adorable.

Two great funnies and of course, the cautionary tale of too much sun. Have a great Friday, Annie, and a wonderful weekend, too.

Lisca said...

Beautiful flowers! Don’t you just love it when blooms arrive.
Well done you on your memory bears. You are making other people really happy with those unique special bears.
Two years have passed so quickly! Are they finished with brownies now? What comes after that? I don’t know what they’re called in English.
Ah your funnies had me giggling! I hope the stifling heat has gone now for you.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Wow - you certainly have had a bear week (not "bare" - unless your sun tan looks like the funny!!) xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm back. Been to the gym and don't worry I've had my shower too. Your flowers are looking good. I sometimes think that plants sometimes flower better if they are neglected a little, I think it's fear that makes them do it Lol! Look forward to seeing the Brownies Bears. Are the girls joining the Girl Guides next? or maybe they could join the Scouts as I know they take girls now. The funnies are good but I'm with the pink pig, I don't do sun unless I'm covered in Sun screen and even then I'm not a big lover of the heat. I like it to be just warm enough that I can still do stuff in the garden without getting too hot. I think I lived in Camelot in my past life where the weather is always just right. There are plenty of samples of the wallet file you saw the girls making on line but it's difficult to find any instructions but you may have a different plan maybe. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I love the orchid and cyclamen. I never managed to keep my orchids, but I have had cyclamen that have gone on for years with very little care and attention.
It is a lovely idea to make cushions for the girls with all their badges. It was swimming badges for my boys. We never made anything with them, but they still have the track-suit jackets I stitched them all onto.
Your funnies made me smile. Most folk who live out here are used to the weather, but we can always spot the holiday makers in the bars at night, with their patches of overcooked skin! They here for such a short while, I can understand, but there are good products available for protection, and sun burn can be so painful!
But here's hoping there is some more sun for the children soon to start their break from school. have a good week. Kate x

Catriona said...

Late catching up today as we have just spent our second day at Beamish Open Air Museum. Great weather and now back with the van at the site. Love your orchids- I’m always amazed at how they need so little care. Seems no time since you were sewing on all those badges-cushions are a nice idea.

Lynn Holland said...

Very late to the party but I couldn’t resist sharing this with you.
I have a couple of orchids myself,,one or the other is always in bloom.
Look at those kiddy winks of yours, my how they’ve grown
Lynn xx