Wednesday 28 November 2018

WOYWW.....

Wow what a week it's been here at sewing by Annie's.  Thankfully my sciatica has now improved sufficiently for me to be BUSY.....and I mean REALLY BUSY......here's the proof...


I had so much work arrive by Friday last week that you would have seen me working all day Sunday to get on top of some of it and prepping it ready for Monday morning.
I had an order of 4 Memory bears to make from 'Grandad's' favourite jumpers....this meant that all 16 panels had to be stabilised by ironing interfacing on the backs [so they had to be cut out twice!].  Here they are all lined up ready to sew for Monday morning.

These are the bears I've made since last Wednesday...
  • the 3 on the left started out being just 1 wanted but by the time she arrived here she decided she wanted 2 and when she saw the finished pair she decided she wanted a third!
  • the one in the middle is using a baby boy's babygros
  • the 4 on the right are the, now finished, 4 bears made from the panels I cut out on Sunday.




Waiting on my machine for me to start today is another little bear...this time being given to a foster child for when she goes to her forever home....it's made from her tiny baby clothes she wore at her foster home.



On my to do rail there's two lined skirts to shorten and a jumpsuit to alter and I've more sewing jobs coming today.

Plus I have another customer coming Thursday to bring me special items of clothing to make more Memory bears and cushions!!



Oh and in between my sewing to fill my spare minutes I've made a start painting some Christmas peg dolls to give to the Grandchildren to hang on their Christmas trees.

Never a dull minute here eh?

I hope you've enjoyed your visit.  I will do my best to call by at yours when I can.
Hugs,
Annie x

12 comments:

Catriona said...

Fabilous, Annie. All of it! It’s my Christmas Fair tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Twiglet said...

What a busy bee you have been. brilliant.xxx

Claire said...

You never stop... I'm worn out just looking at all you create week on week :D
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 9

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I never stop being impressed with your talents. Not just a supreme teddy bear maker but painting peg dolls too! Not so good having to work Sunday too but it's sometimes good to be kept so busy. I think you were the one that gave me the link to the instructions of for the bowl cosy all that time ago and, yes, I did remember to use cotton everything just in case it ever goes in the microwave. Hugs, Ellie x #6

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, definitely a busy bunny this week. Good to hear the sciatica is getting better- do you think it's the acupuncture helping? Great to see you able to get stuck in again, Lots of lovely bears and the little wooden figures are fab.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Helen said...

You are so busy! I thought I'd had a tough work week.... Glad the sciatica is improving. Helen #5

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, so pleased to read your sciatica is finally improving. You certainly have suffered long enough with it. It tired me out just reading all you have done, and then you say in your spare minutes ... did you have any?? The bears all look lovely, i love the idea of the one for the foster child for her forever home, that's wonderful. Have a lovely week Heather x #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, great to hear you are feeling better and able to get on with some jobs. Lovely work there. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Certainly is go go go Annie and just as well your sciatica is behaving.
Love the way folks love the memory bears.
Praying good health continues.
Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz. X #15

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Annie, I'm breathless just reading your post. Glad the sciatica is improving as you would never have managed all those projects otherwise. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I'm very glad to hear that the sciatica is improving, that's great news! Long may that continue. Wow, you've been on sewing overdrive with the bears, how wonderful that so many people are in love with them.
Sorry I'm late replying, Julia and I were having too much fun shopping and crafting yesterday!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

craftyani said...

Gosh you are a busy bee, all that sewing oh and peg dolls remember when I was a child and making them with my mum. Happy days. ANi #12