Wednesday 14 November 2018

WOYWW...

It's just a quick post from me today because I am to keep sitting down to only short spells.  I saw a Dr on Friday who confirmed that it is sciatica that I have [as if I didn't know!] and she gave me strong pain tablets and muscle relaxants but they of course come with side effects....they do my head in [as the kids would say] and they have to come with a bottle of laxatives!  That was the good news!  She then said it could last 18months to 2 years!!

So Monday morning after sleeping most of the weekend due to the pain tabs I booked in with a physio who also does acupuncture....she's got magic hands but after a good examination she says it is my sacro-iliac joints that are effected and they are trapping the sciatic nerve on my right hand side. :-(  She gave me some physio and a treatment of acupuncture and has sent me home with gentle exercises to realign my pelvis and I am to sit only for short periods and to lie down twice daily!!....I will be doing everything I can to improve it because I really don't want to be suffering 2 years!.

So on my desks today is very little.....



I've moved my Janome machine over onto my table so that it can stay set up to sew my Christmas cards....and I"m doing those in short bursts.....as you can see it's in the morning sunshine.



That's freed up my Juki machine to do the sewing jobs quickly as they come in to keep on top of my work.



The other end of the room I've got my blind hemmer and overlocker ready to keep sewing jobs cleared too....but as you can see at the mo they are both idle as my work load has lessened thankfully.....but I do have many more memory bears coming before the end of the week to make but I promise they will be done at a leisurely pace too.







Today I am having a special visitor so you may need to come back on Friday to see who that is.;-)

Thanks for calling by.  I wont promise I will get round every desk this week but I will do my best.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I so hope that your pain levels reduce soon and you don't have to rely on the strong painkillers. I know too well how they affect you negatively. Hopefully the physio will help. Have they suggested hydrotherapy? That really helped me when my hip flared up. Ali x #12

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So glad you are getting help with your alignment. I was so bad off and on for 2 wks. I watched a you tube video for the exercises and they really helped me. then to wear shoes during the day, I bought a great pair for "indoors only" can't believe the difference. I just moved my 2 machines also and plans for using them this week are on hold. Have fun with your visitor and Enjoy a great week.

Neet said...

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much with the pain. I hope the acupuncture works for you - it took about 5 sessions for me the first time. Have had to give up this round because of this nausea which I thought was improving but now am not sure.
Keep looking after yourself and do as you are told.
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, so sad to hear the sciatica is still so bad. Only had it a couple of times, and then only for a day or two, but know it's really horrible. If you like it- and I must say I love it- plain chocolate is also fantastic for constipation! I took that as one bonus of my condition, lol. Chocolate as a medical requirement, rofl.Really hope your physios advice can help lessen the problem though. Have a better week, Hugs, Shaz #9 X

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Sorry to read that you're suffering. My Mum had terrible sciatica pain and was helped by a combination of the chiropractor and some gentle exercises she did daily. Hope it eases for you very soon.

Fiona #18

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Now you just take care of yourself, young lady. Sorry you are in so much pain - I do hope the medication plus the physio will all help before too long. Sitting on a fairly hard chair doesn't sound such a bright idea - so comfy and lying down seem the order of the day.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I am so sorry to hear that you're in so much pain with the sciatica...having seen Julia suffer from it, I know it's no joke. Hope the new meds, physio, exercises and acupuncture help. I think your craft room is the prettiest out there, you have lovely colours everywhere :-D
Sending gentle hugs,
LLJ 6 xxx

Elizabeth said...

Oh Annie, I do hope your sciatica improves soon so you can, at least, stop taking those troublesome tablets. And if you follow your physio's orders you may well recover sooner than later. You've certainly got your sewing room all set up for best practice ... to use time and motion jargon. And what caught my eye was all those lovely teddies snuggling up at the back of your desk. Hope you've had a lovely time with your mystery visitor (wink, wink!). Take care my lovely. Sending a bunch of hugs, Ellie x #23

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Annie, hope the sciatica calms down sooner rather than later and that the exercises and acupuncture help. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Twiglet said...

I love your sewing room - wish mine was a tidy! Hope you had a lovely time with your visitor. xx Jo

Catriona said...

As you know, Annie, I can empathise with your pain. I was standing today cutting out fabric tops for jars and then filling and tying them. I will do the same with boxes that I am making. This helps avoid the dead left leg syndrome which is one of my issues when my back is bad. Hope you will have enough work to keep you going but not enough to really kill your back. X

Helen said...

Thanks for managing to visit in the circumstances, I hope your sciatica eases soon - 2 years would be an unbearable amount of time to put up with it. Take care. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, sciatica is rubbish and I hate it. The pain is just awful but mine is different to yours as it's the Piriformis muscle that's effecting mine but the pain is the same in the leg. I wish you all the luck in the world at getting it sorted. We,re booked to go skiing in January so I either will be doing it or taking my crafty stuff andspending lots of time in the bar but whatever happens, I'm going on holiday. Take care and gentle hugs, Angela x16x

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW & great work space xx Jan (32)

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, I really hope your sciatica gets sorted quickly - two weeks is too long, let alone two years! Your work room is lovely and organised, I love all the machines, and the beautiful boxes on the shelf on the last photo. Haven't heard that phrase in a while 'do my head in'- but it sure sums up how I would feel in your situation. Hope the exercises work, and please take care. Have a lovely week Heather x #13

Marit said...

Oooh, 18 months to 2 years? I hope you feel better much earlier than that!!! I love seeing all your sewing machines, makes me wanna take out mine and do a little sewing-on-paper... Happy, belated, woyww. Enjoy your week. Hug from Holland, Marit #20

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great space, Annie, truly a blessing to see it all, often wondered what machines you had, as seems some don’t have overlockers much over there, just machines, but you’ve gone one better with a blind hemmer!
Mm pinched never and sciatica is NO FUN! Praying the treatment, gentle exercise accompanied by rest does heal or alleviate it ASAP for you.
God bless and heal you in His mercy, prayer hugs, very gentle ones, Shaz in Oz.x #5

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a horrid thing is sciatica I had it all through my first pregnancy, how I ever had two more children after it I will never know. Hope you can find a happy medium to easy it dear Annie.
Your sewing area looks so welcoming even when it's taking a little down time. My promise to myself next year is to love my machine a little more in 2019.
Sunday Hugs & Happy woyww Tracey #10