Friday 16 November 2018

This week's smiles...week 298

Another catch up of my weekly smiles and although my sciatica hasn't gone I must say that the treatment I had at the beginning on the week seems to me improving things so I am smiling rather more than I was.....thankfully.  I am doing my best to stand to work when I can and to have a lie down to do my exercises as instructed.....I'm even stood typing this on the laptop :-)

So just a few quick smiles to share with you today...



I have to say this photo really makes me smile....This is my little boy having a cuddle off his little boy.  Yes he's 31 now but he will always be my little boy.

This is a photo of my visitor from Wednesday this week.  It's our very own Kate from Spain who has been over in England visiting all her gorgeous boys and their families.  Her one son Mike, who I have met before because he lives/works close to me very kindly dropped his mum off to meet me then picked her up later.  I felt so honoured to have yet another blogging friend give up some of their precious family time to drop in to see me....and she's every bit as lovely as I imagined.  Thanks Kate xxx


My last pic is one of 4 memory bears in the making....simply because I can.

I stood to cut them out and have sewn them in short bursts at my sewing machine and I have to say it was all doable....not perfect but manageable so I'm really smiling now.

And even better still is that all being well I will manage to finish them later today.



So there you go.  It doesn't take a lot to make me smile so I hope I've made you smile too.  Please leave me a little message and if you can then please link up to something that has made you smile this week too.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh, Annie. You are getting to meet as many bloggers as Julia and Jan. Kate looks every bit as sweet as I envisioned her to be. You look like you were having trouble standing, though. I truly hope your sciatica gets better soon, or the dr can find a cure. You can tell I know nothing about it, other than it sounds a lot like a condition I suffer from, too.

It seems all mothers think of their children as their little boys or girls, no matter how old they are. And I'm glad you were able to figure a way to work in short bursts to make the bears, yet not be in too much pain. That makes for a terrific Friday Smiles. Have a great weekend, too, dear Annie, and feel better soon, please.

Helen said...

Glad your sciatica is a little easier today... and that you are able to stand to do your cutting - it's good to see the bears in progress! Have a great weekend.

Twiglet said...

So lovely that you and Kate got to meet up and good that the sciatica is improving slightly. Love the photo of M and T. xxx Jo

Catriona said...

All the photos made me smile but the two boys just melted my heart. Glad to hear you are pacing yourself to help your back. It’s lovely to have a visitor and enjoy a chat.

Lisca said...

I'm so glad your sciatica has eased slightly so that you can now do a bit of work standing up. 'Poco a poco' they say in Spain. (Little by little)
It's great that Kate came to see you. I'm sure you two got on very well. I have met Kate too and she is a lovelylady.
The photo of your 'little' boys made me smile too. (My son is 42 and he is also still me little boy).
Have a lovely weekend, take it easy and keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, pleased you're feeling a little better. Notice the word little! because as you know I fully understand how it feels and it's a slow road back to normality. Your week looks to have had some nice distractions too which I'm sure will have helped. Sitting down is not good and I don't think all the driving we've done recently to visit parents has helped mine. Still we'll keep smiling, my mum is home now and we're fetching dad later today. Take care. Sending gentle hugs, Angela xXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, glad to see you're back is improving, if only by a little. Lovely photo of your boys and the one of you with Kate too. Isn't blog land just the best in the way it leads to lovely friendships. Take care and keep getting better. Hugs, Ellie, xx

mamapez5 said...

It was so lovely to meet up with you this week Annie. i am safely home now with a stack of photos to sort through before I post next week. Keep smiling my dear. Kate xx