Thursday 9 July 2009

A lull before the next storm?...

What a difference a day makes. Last week I was so busy I didn't have time to pee. This week I think my customers have all hibernated 'til the next hot spell. It's been my quietest week for months. The annoying bit is I know next week will be hectic again 'cos I've already got a bride, 3 bridesmaids and a brides going away outfit booked in to do. Oh well, not complaining 'cos a little breather does me good and it's given me time to do things for me. The old saying that 'a cobbler's wife walks bare footed' sort of applies here. I've just cut out a top to run up for me this morning and just made a coffee so I'm guessing I will now get a queue at my door within the next hour so I don't get the chance to make up my top.
My quiet week has also allowed me to have quality time with my little Granddaughter. She is 8 months old and just gorgeous. I babysat yesterday afternoon for a hour and a half, while her mum and dad visited the accountant, and we had such fun... Treasured moments. They left her pushchair with me so it gave me the opportunity to be the proud Nanny and take her for a walk through the village.

1 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh nanny out with the pushchair and baby P! Wish I had been there with the camera - special moment for you both I guess!!