Friday 13 October 2023

This week's smiles....week 534

 I've had another really busy week here at Sewing by Annie's but have had lots to smile about.  Last Friday night my darling hubby treated me to an early birthday present and took me to Birmingham to see Dawn French in her latest show....and we laughed until our faces ached.  She's so entertaining....and she's just 12 days older than me :-)




We have had some sunny days this week and I love this photo of Milly soaking up some rays.



Yesterday we watched a sparowhawk disembowelling a pigeon just across our drive....not something everyone would want to watch but we love our birds and she [yes we were quite sure it was a female as we watched very closely] was a really stunning bird.




There is still colour in every corner of our garden so I snapped some pics to share with you.



Finally I have a few funnies to share with you...I hope something makes you smile.  Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and then link to your own smiles at the bottom of the page.

Hugs,

Annie x

6 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Belated Happy Birthday then!
Nice treat and ohhh, all the colors still, beautiful.
Haha, we have it with funny animals today!
Happy Friday!

mamapez5 said...

Lovely picture of Milly - so alert and interested in what's going on around her.
Your garden is still very colourful. That is a very pretty honeysuckle with the red buds.
That was quite a clever moment to spot the sparrow hawk. She is well, camouflaged. And sad for the pigeon but it is all part of the circle of life, much like all Leo's trophies.
I am glad you enjoyed the show. I can imagine how funny it was. And Happy Birthday for whenever it is. Mine is on Tuesday next week and I know you are close to me. Kate x

Lisca said...

Great that you went to see Dawn French. She is so funny. I've never seen her live.
So, happy birthday soon. (I don't know when it is)
The photo of Milly is lovely. You captured her well. Also the hawk was well captured although it took me a minute to spot her. Even in an urban setting, she is well camouflaged.
Your garden is beautiful. Thanks for the beautiful flowers.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Happy belated birthday Annie, pleased it was a good one. It's been a mixed up week here weather wise and it's pouring it down again today but we've managed to get stuff done. Great to see the pic of Milly, she's so sweet and the lovely flowers too. Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy soon to be (or belated) birthday. I have no idea who Dawn French is, but obviously she is a good comedian.

Milly is adorable in the sun and so are your amazing flowers. Here, everything is dying.

That hawk photo is hard to take, but I agree with Kate. It is definitely the cycle of life.

Have a good rest of Friday and a super weekend, too.

LA Paylor said...

awe Milly is special... what a pretty portrait you made in the sun
LeeAnna