Wednesday 12 January 2022

WOYWW...

 I'm sure some of you will be pleased to hear that we are slowly winning the fight with the Winter bugs....it's slow but hopefully it's going in the right direction at least.



I've been doing some of this this week. It's a crochet baby blanket for Theo's little brother when he arrives in April.  It's slow progress but I am enjoying all the rows of different stitches and the colours I've chosen to work it in.





Gina is off work with Covid and fancied learning how to crochet so I sent her my crochet hooks and some wool to learn with and we have enjoyed a good giggle over the internet together while she's learning.  I must say she is doing very well and managing to get the tensions right already.


Sadly Theo has now tested positive too and has been enjoying 'having a go' with some wool and a hook but says 'it's really tricky Nanny'.

He really loves having a go at anything creative but maybe we need a session together when he's out of isolation :-)


The only other thing on my 'desk' for today are these two men's coats.  The navy one on the left I've had to shorten by 7" but it was all top stitched so was a really tricky job [especially when you're not feeling 100%].
The brown one is here to have a new zip put in but I had to order the zip [I order from Cari Crafts on line...they are brilliant and always very quick and reliable]. The new zip arrived yesterday so that's the job I will be working on today.
I also have fabrics coming through the post to make 2 memory bears and another one coming on Friday morning so I'm guessing I will be busy this week [busy enough for now anyway :-) ].




That's all from me for this week.  If you leave me a little message I will do my best to pop over to yours to say hello.
Hugs,
Annie x


13 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh the look of concentration on Theo's face - brilliant! Well done on tackling the coats - rather you than me - clever, talented lady! xx Jo

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Trust your family will soon be up and about and feeling much better. have fun with all the crochet lessons! Your own contribution looks gorgeous - so soft and snuggly.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Catriona said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend and not too overrun with work. The schools going back seem to have lead to a surge in Covid among pupils and staff up here. Theo’s concentration is amazing and he certainly loves to make things. The blanket for his wee brother is stunning-I must cannot get the hang of crochet at all! Much love x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your comment on the photo on my blog made me laugh out loud this morning, thank you!!! This bug has properly taken the wind out of your sails hasn’t it? I’ve got a wheezy chest too, not Covid, and am going to have a quiet couple of days. I’m sorry Gins and Theo have tested positive, poor things, but am impressed that they’re having a go at crochet. I felt just like Theo when I started to learn! But once I decided to go my own way it seems to pan out ok *grin*. Love the blanket you’re making, gorgeous colours xx
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm back from walking dogs so thought I'd do a few visits. Loving the blanket and great to see the younger members getting into the crafting too. The Covid seems to be spreading even faster now and I know that half the Carers that belong to the company that look after my mum have it. I don't want it but not sure any of us will get away without catching it now. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x13x

Helen said...

Sorry to hear some of the family have got covid , hope they recover soon. Happy woyww Helen #6

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear family members are poorly with Corvid. Wishing them a speedy recovery. Love the colours of your blanket. Happy WOYWW Angela #4

Diana Taylor said...

Sorry to hear your family are having to deal with Covid at the moment - I hope they are soon fully recovered. The blanket you are making is beautiful - I love the colours and all the different fancy stitches - lovely and cosy for the new baby when he arrives. What a wonderful look of concentration on Theo's face, he looks determined to master crochet!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Neet said...

Good to hear your bugs are lessening but sad to hear Gina and Theo lhave the Covid bug. That's nasty and i hope they have not go it too badly. So much for little ones not getting it!!
Love the blanket, gorgeous colours.
Hugs Neet xx

Caro said...

Sending love and healing vibes to Gina and Theo. Loving the concentration on Theo's face. Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#16)

Anne said...

Hello Annie so sorry you still unwell and have family also affected by Covid. :-( I love the colours you are using on the blanket. Take care and hope you continue to make a very good recovery. Anne x 1

Sarah Brennan said...

You do sound busy Annie. Glad that Gina and Theo are well enough to put their isolation to good use. Hope they (and you) are fully fit again soon. Love the look of the baby blanket. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Julia Dunnit said...

Am glad to read that you’re making a comeback… it may be frustrating but it needs to be slow so that you really do shrug off the nasties. Exhausting. Just as we you haven’t been inundated with jobs this week. Bless Theo’s heart…it is complicated! My fifty something year old sister had twenty minutes of a ‘lesson’ from me, had the tension so tight it would barely move on the hook and ended up throwing it across the room and immediately giving away her hook set and trial yarns! Bet Theo has more tenacity!! Sorry for Gina too, am surrounded by friends and fam with COVID now, beginning to think we’re all destined for a dose, it’s really uncontrollable now imho. On a much happier note, the baby’s blanket is gorgeous!!