Friday 7 January 2022

This week's smiles....week 454

 I'm back again to catch up on the smiles of the week.  Firstly I must apologise for not visiting last week....I was just not well.  I'm still not 100% but I'm hoping things are moving in the right direction....we've both tested regularly and are negative for Covid so I'm thankful for that.  It's been an awful Winter bug and I've coughed so much that the muscles in my tummy are painful and I've damaged my vocal chords so life is pretty quiet here still.


I'm sharing this pic today because it was our treat for New Years Day.  It may be a little dated now but we both really love a prawn coctail as a treat....I'm sure we're not alone.

We took the decorations down early because neither of us could cope with all the clutter but I thought I would share this photo with you....these were knitted by my Mum many years ago.  They were all knitted using the same pattern but as you can see all 4 are very different,,,,this makes me smile every year when they get put on the tree.....happy memories.



Just look at the concentration on Theo's face.  He was painting a volcano and occupying himself while he is at home.  His mummy has Covid and Theo has to stay home from school until he has a negative PCR test. So far both Mark and Theo are negative on all their LFT tests.  We are all hoping that, as Gina is fully vaccinated, she will recover quickly.  There seems to be so many folk everywhere with Covid now.


Phoebe and Lulu have been enjoying a lot of fun crafting and creating since Christmas.  We bought them some fat quarters, felt and a first sewing book as part of their Christmas present and they are really enjoying learning to follow the patterns and have made several things already.  They are both doing a x stitch piece too.....I wonder who they take after :-) :-)

This is my final pic to make you chuckle today.  We have both used so many tissues since Christmas that we panicked a little when we couldn't buy any tissues at the supermarket this week so my darling hubby ordered some on line for us.....I think 12 boxes should keep us going for a day or two  :-)



That's all from me for this week.  Even in the most difficult weeks it's surprising how much has made me smile.  I hope your week has been better and you have smiles you can share with us by linking up below.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Lisca said...

I'm sorry that you are still not feeling 100%. It's a b***er this one. But the tissue boxes certainly made me smile! (With all that fabric is it possible that you have no old fashioned hankies in the house? I still have quite a pile of them in my drawer)
Prawn cocktail! Now that is a blast from the past! Yes, I like it very much. Where did that go? It seems to have gone out of fashion. Funny how dishes can go out of fashion.
Love the little ornaments.
And Theo concentrating on his volcano is precious. I hope he tests negative soon. You are so lucky that you can get free tests. We have to pay for ours. I tested Graham at the height of his illness, when his fever was very high, and it was negative. The doctor said they are not very reliable and that it probably was Omicron as he had all the symptoms.
I can't link in because there is no link today.
However, have a lovely weekend as far as you can while recovering.
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Such wonderful crafters in the family - of course it's no wonder when you see the little Santas - its in their genes!! Lol Mum was a treasure but, like me, pattern following was not her greatest skill. Little Theo's face is a picture - doe she stick his tongue out like Grandad? xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, great to see so much lovely crafting going on. Sounds like we have something in common as I come from a family of crafters' too and yes I love a prawn cocktail! Loving the little Father Christmas set too. I hope you continue to feel better but don't rush doing too much and tire yourself. Sending best wishes and gentle hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Well you are not alone Annie. I like a prawn cocktail too but Chris doesn't so it is not a treat we can share.
I am sorry you are still not quite over your virus. We have all stayed home so much I feel we should all be healthier but it seems a lot of folk have virus's other than Covid, and certainly Covid numbers are high over most of the world. I hope you soon feel much better.
I smiled at the tissues order. I also have a dozen or so boxes in the garage because twice a year I place a big order with a company called "Who gives a crap?"! They sell mainly toilet rolls, but also kitchen rols and tissues, all made from bamboo, and with each order they make a good donation to the charity that builds toilets in third world countries with little sanitation.I am quite pleased with all their products though the loo rolls took a bit of getting used to, and certainly I am working my way trough the boxes of tissues.
I love the way each of my Christmas decorations evokes a special memory. Your Santas are very precious.
There are some lovely craft projects for children. It is good to see all your young ones keeping busy with something that doesn't involve a phone screen or TV. I hope Gina soon feels better. My grand daughter who is pregnant also has Covid, and she is still quite poorly. She is double vaccinated but can't now have her booster until she is clear of the virus for four weeks.
Now I must get the rest of my decorations packed away. Keep smiling. Kate x

LA Paylor said...

we join you in hoarding things we used to buy one at a go... now when ordering you have to buy in bulk.

Anne said...

Hello Annie. Have not posted but just wanted to say hi. I love the decorations. I have one orctwo that came via my mum and I treasure them.
One year I knitted mini Christmas Jumpers for my family to hang on their trees. Had told them they were all getting Christmas Jumpers 😀 I had to smile rd the tissues. When everything locked down I couldn't get loo rolls. Jonathan gave me a link to Amazon. I got some - lots and they were those big rolls you see in public loos. I told J we would be leaving them in our will to him. Thought we would never use them- we did. Take care Annie. I hope you will soon be better. Anne x
PS I love prawn cocktail :-) x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am late visiting and sorry you are still not well. Prawns are good any time. Poor Theo and poor Gina. I hope this turns around soon, dear.