Friday 17 December 2021

This week's smiles ....week 452

Happy Friday all.  It's been another really busy week for me with sewing as many seem to have left their orders to last minute but I've manage to keep up to date and hopefully I won't be getting many more requests before Christmas now.....hopefully I will get a little time to marzipan and ice my drunken Christmas cake [it's been having regular tipples] that Jo baked for me and might even find time to make a few pince pies too.


On Saturday I was treated to lunch out and a fun Kinkiglass workshop with Amy and the two girls.....we had a great time and hopefully will be able to hang the results on the tree once they are fired....I made a robin :-)

Amy and the girls were wearing their Christmas jumpers so I put my Christmas face mask on for the photo :-)


Doddy dug up the last of our beetroot this week and whilst I was busy sewing he then made it into beetroot chutney...we make a great team and he made 6 jars of really yummy chutney....yes there's only 4 here because we have sampled the one jar and another one has gone to Shell and family.

Catriona sent me the pattern to make a different style of face masks this week and, as it looks as though we are going to be wearing masks for a long time yet, I thought I'd give it a go and make us one each....they really do seem to be the most comfy of masks so I may make us a couple more to wash and wear. 
 Thanks Catriona xxx


I hope you have enjoyed my smiles for this week and will share yours by linking them below....we can never have too many smiles.

Hugs,

Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought Amy was one of the girls in the large photo until I enlarged it. It looks like you were having a wonderful time, too. Your children sure know how to spoil you. Seems your husband does, too with that chutney.

Those new masks look good, too. I have a friend who made all mine. She made one for Christmas and the rest for my birthday. She used wide elastic on two and the thinner elastic like what you used on two. To be honest, the wide elastic doesn't affect my ears while the thin elastic pinches them, even though I measured and they are all the same length. Have a super rest of Friday and, even though you are busy, have a restful weekend, dear.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm back at least for half an hour before I take the presents to my friends. It actually worried me a bit seeing all those people gathered together for the fun run and not wearing masks but I understand that they do it for charities so I hope they are all okay at the end of it. I'm sure this must be a typing era but what is a Pince pie? Hee! Hee! Great to see you all having fun together and love the Christmas mask. Look forward to seeing your robin too. The new masks look interesting. I saw one done in a circle which worked well if you wear glasses. Better go. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Catriona said...

What a lovely day out-I’ve always wanted to do some glass crafts as I love any kind of glass makes. Glad you liked the masks. Think I still have more to make! 💕

mamapez5 said...

The glass workshop sounds fun. I hope we get to see your robin.
Well Doddy on his chutney making. It is not something I make very often as we don't really use it, but we do both enjoy beetroot.
I am glad the masks are comfortable. I shall be glad when we no longer need them, but for now I wear the standard blue ones with a plastic 'cage' under them that I bought from Amazon. It holds it off my face and it works for me.
Thank you for my lovely card which arrived safely this week. Kate x

Lisca said...

Kinky glass? That sounds fun! How wonderful that you have all been able to do some crafting together. Great photos.
That looks like a nice mask. I have given up on fabric homemade masks as I have found that my hubby will keep wearing the same one, and as a nurse I know that you have to change your mask every time you go out. Well, that's not gonna happen. So we have the disposable ones and I throw it in the bin whenever I see one that has been used.
Beetroot chutney sounds nice. Good old Doddy! Chutney is a typical British thing so I have no idea what to do with chutney. Apparently it goes on cheese...
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

LA Paylor said...

beetroot chutney... I've never had that, and what a charming family photo

Twiglet said...

Great team - chutney looks good. I made one of the masks for G and even wired the top in an attempt to stop the specs steaming up! xx