Friday 5 November 2021

This week's smiles ....week 446

 Here we are at another Friday's catch up of the week of smiles.  My aim is to share my smiles and to make the world a happier place and hope everyone who can will link up at the bottom of the page and share their smiles too.

By biggest smile this week is that I am soooooooooo thankful to say I am now feeling much better and more like 'me'.  It has been a long haul to recover from the Covid virus...I guess when something knocks you so hard and you're getting older it takes longer than it used to but I have been very sensible and have listened to my body and only done what it was telling me and have rested lots.

As promised last week I have photos to share with you of our babysitting at Amy's last Thursday night...




I set up their Singer sewing machine on the one side of their table and my Janome on the other side and the three children all made a haloween pumpkin out of felt.....they cut out their paper patterns, pinned then onto double thickness felt then stitched carefully around leaving a small gap.  They then stuffed them, stitched up the gap and then decorated the fronts.
I was so proud of all three of them and they were all really proud of their finished projects.







My biggest smile came the following day when they set up their sewing machine themselves and each made halloween black cats and/or bats totally unaided using the same method and then sent me the photos.





Theo's birthday treat from his one uncle was a day at Chester Zoo.  They had a really great day and sent me lots of photos of all the animals they saw there.




Here are some of the outfits from the Halloween weekend....they enjoyed a bit of trick or treating and some Haloween parties....a fun time was had by all.




Saturday Shell treated me to some birthday fun. We had a mother and daughter session at a Kinkiglass workshop at Ironbridge and then she treated me to lunch out. The rainbow was mine and Shell's was the mermaid.  They have to be fired and will then have holes drilled in the top so they can be hung in a window.  It was a really lovely couple of hours and we had a good giggle together.






Finally here is the latest collage of colour from our garden.  Yesterday we had a good frost so I'm guessing these flowers wont last much longer but it was really lovely to capture the colour before it all drops.

I hope you have enjoyed my smiles and will now leave me a little message before you link to your own smiles below.....everyone is welcome to join in.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's great that your day with Amy's three turned out so well. Those youngsters sew better than I!

Theo is SO mature. It's hard to believe he is not older than he is. I loved the photo of him in the lower left. So relaxed around cameras and so mature looking in that photo.

Looks like Lulu made a good Wicked Witch of the West. Really nice costumes, too.

Your flowers are spectacular. I hope your weekend, is great, too.

mamapez5 said...

A happy family week. The youngsters do very well with their sewing and have every right to be proud of what they have made.
Theo's outing looks fun.
I really am anti-Halloween so I didn't fully appreciate the other photos but your garden is still giving! Kate x

Lisca said...

I'm so glad your are feeling your good old self!
Yes, I bet you were proud of your grandchildren when they were able to make a similar thing to what you taught them. You are a good teacher, and your grandchildren are very talented. Who do they get it from I wonder...
Like Kate I am anti-Halloween, so I quickly skipped those photos but your garden is beautiful! I was amazed that my fuchsia was flowering, but looking at yours, it must be its time to flower after all.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
PS Sorry I'm late, I forgot to link this morning.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I'm here! Been walking dogs and then hairdressers, it's all go this morning! You've certainly been having a fun week and the pumpkins and bats are wonderful, great glass projects too. I love to see the children enjoying their time with you and I bet you're loving it too. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

those smiling faces... what a fine bunch of kids! Intrigued by the stained glass..,

Twiglet said...

A lovely. happy post!! Fab photos of the gang. xx Jo

Lynn Holland said...

Clapping my hands at such a happy post and that you are feeling better. Yippee.
The children are such a super smiley little gang and so happy to have a nana that looks after them so well.
Happy weekend Annie
Lynn xxx