Friday 25 October 2019

This week's smiles.....week 343

Oh what a week it's been.  My birthday was on Wednesday and I'm still enjoying a week of celebrations.  

Tuesday morning was an early start for us with our little man coming for breakfast and, as always, it was filled with smiles including this one....



Guess what he had for lunch?.........yes tomato soup and he says it's his favourite.  I've never known a little boy to enjoy his meals so much....filled with every fruit and veg you can imagine :-)



Jo took me to the theatre on Tuesday night to see Cabaret and within 5 mins of sitting down there was a totally naked man walking across the stage....I did wonder what we had come to see but I have to say it was brilliant if rather dark by the end and nights out like together are something Jo and I decided that we need more of ....but naked men aren't compulsory Jo :-)


Wednesday was 'the day' and I was spoilt rotten.  My day ended with a meal out with my gorgeous hubby at Cote Brasserie.....just perfect.

Amy and family bought me flowers and they are so gorgeous I just had to share them with you.



Amy also sent me this photo and it made me chuckle.  Their oldest dog Poppy just loves the sheep in their field and everywhere she goes the sheep follow....I'm not sure whether they think she is one of them.  :-)

Yesterday was eventful day, starting a 6 am when Shell woke us, by phone, not feeling well at all and she was feeling very faint, giddy headed and panicky.  She was alone in the house with the twins as her hubby was working away and thought she was going to pass out.  After ringing the emergency care number it was decided that, with her medical history after she had the twins, she should be seen at the hospital.  I took her in and Grandad stayed on school duties with the twins. Then followed several hours being passed from one medical professional to another and she had every test available.....I was very impressed on her treatment [and mine when I got the shakes having not eaten or taken my diabetic tablets with having such and early start!]  Thankfully by the end of it they decided it was very probably vertigo and she was discharged with meds into the care of her loving Mum and Dad.  She isn't allowed to work or drive until she's feeling better so she spent the day with us and the twins joined us after school....hence the photo of the two little monkeys playing with the play house.

I'm hoping that by this morning Shell is now feeling a lot better.  It's our son Mark's birthday today so we will be partying it tonight.....happy days.
Hugs,
Annie x

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lots going on this week, including a great birthday. Sounds like it's been a full birthday week. Had to laugh at Jo's birthday gift to you.

It's great that Theo loves fruit and veggies. He will be a health nut when he grows up.

Sorry to read about Shell, but it's good you lived nearby and could get her to the hospital for proper treatment. You obviously have a better health care system than we have in the States. I also hope she is better today, so she can wish Mark a happy birthday.

Happy birthday, Mark. Happy belated birthday, Annie.

Catriona said...

What a lovely birthday you had Annie-so glad you found it enjoyable. Glad you were around to help Michelle-as a fellow sufferer of vertigo I kniw that awful panicky feeling it causes. Lovely photos of the grandees as always. Enjoy those beautiful flowers as the days shorten. X

Twiglet said...

I love that little tomato soup face. Hope M is on the mend - twins look happy to be at Nanny's. xxx Jo

Lisca said...

A belated happy birthday. You sure have had a great week of celebrations. (And a 'thrill' if you can call it that)
Lovely photo of Theo with a face full of tomato soup!
And oh dear, I do hope Shell is feeling better now. That was an early start for you. But I think it is great that you live so near and can help immediately.
I love the photo of poppy and the sheep. Yes, she is the same colour, and who knows, she might identify with them....
Your bunch of flowers is gorgeous! I hope it lasts a good while so you can enjoy it.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like you've had a great week and Cabaret sounds interesting! The symptoms that Shell had sounds rather like the problem my father has sometimes, his is an inner ear problem and he often feels sick with it too. Hope she's feeling better and get's to the bottom of the cause. Have a happy weekend, Angela xXx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Annie what a week, I’m amazed at the last event and so glad it ended well, and a big happy birthday .. belatedly!
Happy smiles day, every day!
Thanks for sharing, and God bless, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}