Friday 18 October 2019

This week's smiles.....week 342

The weeks are flying by aren't they?  There is definitely a nip in the air today and our garden is looking very Autumnal....


The fuchsias are really gorgeous at the mo but this morning there was a frost so I'm guessing their time is very limited now.  The leaves on the trees are changing colours and dropping and the two crab apple trees are heavy with beautiful rosy red fruit.....but sadly the birds don't eat them and as they drop off the tree Milly likes to nibble them and make herself poorly so I'm guessing that soon we will have to pick them off  [if anyone wants them then please shout].

I've had lots to smile about this week....
  • A weekend at Adam Henson's Farm campsite [he's the rather handsome farmer on Countryfile] in our motorhome gave us lots to smile about.  It's a really lovely site with a farm shop, restaurant and live entertainment on a Saturday night and you can go around the farm to see the rare breed animals [if you don't have a dog with you].  The only down side was the weather....it was wet wet wet....but of course there is nothing you can do about that and we go well prepared.  Sadly Adam didn't pop along to say hello.
  • My laptop had slowed so much it was really painful to use so our daughter Amy, using team viewer from her house, did a full service on it and wow it's now super speedy so I'm def smiling now as I type this [thanks Amy you're a gem...I'm so impressed and proud of you].
The last photo I'm sharing today is this one...

Yes the Lego is out and, as you can see, my darling hubby is busy making a boat using the instruction book so it really made me smile because...
  • He's really enjoying building the boat for little Theo but note Theo is nowhere to be seen in the photo [he's off to the left busy playing with one of the cars his Grandad made for him]
  • but mainly because I have evidence that a man can actually read instructions!!  It's not often you'd see this so I'm glad I captured in on film  :-) :-) 
That's all from me for this week.  I hope you're all staying warm and cosy and enjoying life.  Please share your smiles by linking up below and let's all do our bit to make the world a happier place to be.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those fuchsias are gorgeous and your entire garden is taking on the beautiful autumn look. I really like your garden and envy you all that beautiful color.

Sorry to read about your laptop, but it sounds like your daughter knew how to fix it. Good for her.

Had to laugh that you realized that most men don't read directions or stop for directions when lost, either. That photo was priceless this week.

I'm off to bed and will be around to visit everyone later today.

Lisca said...

Oh your garden looks lovely. I love all those colours! Typical autumn. Are the apples not edible? But they look great, I must say.
I had to smile at hubby reading instructions. That is indeed a rarity: a man who reads instructions.Bless him.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous colours in your garden. A man reading instructions! Whatever next - you'll be telling me Boris has a result in the Brexit vote next!! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, men can read instructions but it doesn't mean they will take any notice of them Lol! Still it will keep him occupied for a while then he'll probably loose his temper with them and throw them on the floor muttering some terminology we don't want to here. We're hoping to get the conservatory roof finished this weekend but they've just delivered the tiles and several of them are broken so we'll see what happens next. Des (the hubby) is laying the floor in the cabin and that's not going to well either but he says he has a plan so fingers crossed. I must say your garden is looking lovely, I keep doing a bit but what with building materials everywhere I think it may be an excuse to give up on it. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Sharon Madson said...

Looks like you have plenty to smile about today. Thanks for sharing your smiles.

mamapez5 said...

Lovely flower photos Annie. It is a shame about the crab apples. They make a lovely jelly but I don't suppose many folk bother with it these days.
the weekend away sounds lovely despite the weather.
I smiled at the Lego workshop. Lego is one thing that taught all my boys to follow instructions, but they would still rather plough in without reading them properly.
I hope you don'y have too much more frost just yet. I will definitely need those warmer clothes for my visit! Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, lovely photos from your garden - autumn at it's best. Frost already. It's cold here but we've not had frost yet. Nice to see Dod keeping busy - and reading instructions too ... that's something of a first! Unfortunately, I'm not joining in this week. We've had a sudden death in the family and I've twisted something in my back - ouch - too. I even missed WOYWW this week. I'll be back just as soon as things improve. Hugs, Ellie xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Im late for the desks again. Gotta tell you first of all that the bears that came to Wiltshire are now resident in Cornwall, West Sussex and Hampshire, so I think you’ve pretty much got total coverage! Love the look of your garden..my neighbour has a huge fuchsia bush that acts as a border between us at the front and there were a lot of dropped flowers this morning. Shame, huh. Mind you, at least a frost suggests less rain for a bit, the rain has done a lot of garden damage here..certainly finished off my roses. Love the pic of Doddy doing Lego, and the RTFM reference!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Annie some lovely smile had huge chuckle over your photos re Alan, and ooooh, arrr, over flowers, well done Amy, how clever is that! Am so impressed ..Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}