Wednesday 15 May 2019

WOYWW....

Here we are at another Wednesday sharing day when we expose or desks and share a little of our creative spaces with the world....it's my favourite day of the week.

I've been at it again but this time I thought I'd show you the challenges I get in my day...


 To make my memory bears and other characters I am often given a real challenge to find sufficient fabric to make them out of and the two I made Monday pushed me to the limit.  The two front panels had to be cut out of this blue gingham and this was the only piece big enough to fit one pattern piece on, let alone two!...every other piece was either too short or too narrow and, as you can see, this was the only layout I could get the two on.



The back and logo was to use a school jumper but even that was too short to fit the pattern pieces on all except the sleeves and those were only just long enough.  I take the logos off the front of the jumpers and make a badge out of them to then be sewn on the fronts of the bears in the right place.

This little bear is heading up to Barrow Hall Primary school up in Warrington....that's another location I've not made for before :-)



My rather bigger challenge I was given by the same customer was to make a Memory rabbit from a really tiny dress and top.  As you can see the front is far too small to fit the pattern piece on, which ever way it's turned, and the back was even smaller....so with a lot of dismantling, turning, piecing, joining and patience.......



....One completed little rabbit.  I love a challenge but this one really did push me to my limits....but I do have one very happy customer so it was all worth the effort.


The last share is a bit of a tease really.  I've been making a dozen ATCs for the up and coming swap.  I plan to swap with anyone who would like to swap but that isn't coming to the crop...because I've made something a little different to swap with them.
So, if you'd like to swap ATCs with me please email me at wipso2310@gmail.com and send me your address.





That's all from me for today....I've a rail of sewing to tackle today so will aim to pop round as many blogs as I can in between sewing jobs.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Helen said...

good grief, what a fiddle and faff! well done on both bears, they look great! Helen #?

Neet said...

Not sure which I like the best so they will have to tie in first place - I am talking about the gingham bear and the lovely waistcoated rabbit. What a lot of messing about but how worth it for the end result.
Hopefully see you at the crop so I won't sign up for an atc. Drs tomorrow for spinal results so fingers crossed I might be even better than now for June 1st.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Lynn Holland said...

You don’t need me to tell you I am a massive fan of you and your creating but it’s true I am. The rabbit is adorable. They will be so pleased with it.
Lynn xx 12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's such a puzzle sometimes, getting patterns to fit the fabric - I must admit, I like the challenge of getting as much cut out as I can. Hate waste!! Looking forward to the ATC swap next week and the Crop, not long now!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hands down, Annie, I love that rabbit. It's the best. Sounds like you have even MORE clothes to alter than Bears to make this week. Happy WOYWW from #2.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, wow, that was a fabulous job on the rabbit! He does look amazing, I'm not surprised she's happy. We drove past Warrington on Saturday! See you in 2 weeks, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 X

Glenda said...

Oh I do love that sweet rabbit! How talented you are my friend!
Happy WOYWW
Glenda #19

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your stuffed animals are adorable.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

What a wonderful post, Annie, I’m really glad that you’re getting orders, and sewing them So amazingly well. Loved you suited how you sewed the, and cutting pout down too, my mother taught me how to get the most out a piece of fabric too! Ah your tease is really a tease love it. Would that I was there.
Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Christine said...

And I bet you just smiled and said 'it was a bit of a challenge and you hope she's pleased with it'!!! I call you a miracle worker. That's my take on them.
have a good week
Christine #25

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, before I forget I would love to swap with you again and will send you my address when I've done here then you can send me yours though mine is the same as last year. I don't think they will ever get us out of this house Lol! You memory bear is lovely but the rabbit is something else and the way you've done the body kind of reminds me of a Prim toy with all those bits and pieces joined together, love it. Wishing you a lovely woyww, Angela x14x

Twiglet said...

Your little rabbit is amazing - must have been quite a jig-saw puzzle! xx Jo

Caro said...

Wow! That is a challenge...and the results are stunning. I would love to swap with you - I am doing ATCs for next week and bookmarks for the crop so would be happy to swap both or either! I am so looking forward to finally meeting you and Jo. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I ran out of time for WOYWW today but had to pop in to see what's on your desk this week. I'm so impressed with this week's makes - you performed miracles with so little. Love the bear and the rabbit is gorgeous. Hope to join in again next week for the big reveal. Hugs, Ellie xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

That rabbit! Oh my!! As for the bear - I once did supply teaching at Barrow Hall...a very long time ago!! Looking forward to the crop! Hugs, Chrisx 33

Heather M said...

Hi Annie ... on my, you certainly were set a couple of challenges there, but the end results are most definitely worth it! Both are gorgeous, but the rabbit stole my heart. Maybe because it's made from a little girls dress. I will be coming to the Crop, so will see you there. Looking forward to it. Have a lovely week Heather x #7

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You really are so clever Annie, I especially love the rabbit as the garment fabric is so pretty. A beautiful treasure all squeezed out from the fabric. More happy customers!! Your all going to have such fun at the Anniversary meet up. Happy WoywW Tracey #4

Sarah Brennan said...

I am not surprised that you have so many happy customers Annie. Such fabulous results and painstaking work. I will be swapping at the crop only this year but look forward to seeing what you have been making. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3