Wednesday 9 January 2019

WOYWW....

Here we are at another catch up with our creative friends and their desks around the globe. I'm open for business but sadly my customers are still away on holiday I think cos, in contrast to the month leading up to Christmas, I've been really quiet with sewing.

You'd thing I would be making the best of the quiet time wouldn't you?.....I wish!  I have a feeling my Mojo has gone on holidays with my customers because, however I try, I just can't get creative.  It will return I'm sure but it's taking it's time. 

So I'm showing you my clean and tidy workspace this week [yes I've cleaned, tidied and put everything away where it belongs]....


Feel free to step inside and have a rummage round.  You would think that with all the gorgeous supplies you will find in there that I'd be tearing at the leash to be creative...but it's just not happening.

I did make these two on Monday morning......





Two little sock glove puppets....it's as good as it gets for me but of course I did have a special little friend coming for a play date on Tuesday morning and I just knew they would put a smile on his face.






Here's the proof that my efforts were appreciated.  We had a really lovely morning with them too.....of course Nanny Annie had to wear the red one and be mummy dog while Theo wore the blue one [most of the morning!] while we made jigsaws, played with the train track and played shops.  He's growing up so quickly and is such a delight to look after.


That's all from me for this week.  I hope by next week my Mojo has returned with my customers and I've something to show you all.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Helen said...

cute sock puppets! hope your mojo returns soon - I am sure you will soon be really busy again with sewing jobs too. Helen #2

sandra de said...

So lovely to see children playing rather than stuck heads down on an iPad thingy. Oops that would be me on the computer and iPad!!

Twiglet said...

Woof! I love them and so glad Theo does too. xx Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Annie, so agree with Jo’s woof, I love them!! Sooo cute,.. re feeling like you are that’s understandable all things considered. Could always rest and try a good book in interim as you don’t need to tidy! Not like me.
Hugs and prayers dear friend, Shaz in Oz.x#5

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Mr Mojo will return when you're ready for it, I suspect. You deserve some rest and relaxation and playing sock puppets with Theo sounds the business to me!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, loving the sock puppets, so sweet. Loving your tidy workspace too. I fear you may find the Tissue paper project a bit messy for your taste and it may be a week or too before I get chance to do this and that's all I'm saying at this stage. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

Catriona said...

Lovely tidy sewing room, Annie. I really like the puppets you made for Theo and he seems to be a very active wee lad. I am still decluttering and sorting-just waiting for magnetic sheets to arrive so that I can finish sorting my dies. I still need to finish my daughter’s cushion but have promised myself that the cover stays on the machine until The sorting is finished.

Marit said...

Don't worry too much about the Mojo gone, it will return! (It always does!) Enjoy quiet times and spending it with that little boy is a lovely way, he looks so cute with that sock-doll! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #20

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I think everyones mojo goes off for a wander every now and again. I'm sure he'll pop up soon, full of ideas.Fab to see your room, and how lovely to have the doors opening onto the garden. Love the sock puppets, and isn't Theo growing up fast? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Caro said...

Your crafting space is gorgeous, and i love the sock puppets... not surprised that Theo was enjoying them so much. Happy WOYWW, thanks for sharing. Love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Cardarian said...

Hi Annie!
What a tidy workspace! I love the sock puppets - I bet the kids have lots of fun with them! How nice to have such a clever sewing grandma!
Love and hugs,
Cardarian

Dorlene Durham said...

The sock puppets are adorable and look like you've already used them. Have a great week! Dorlene #30

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I find the same happens to me when I have the time the idea's don't want to come and play.. glad the sock puppets went down well.
Happy woyww Tracey #8

Neet said...

Maybe there's a reasons for the lull in business, time for your body to regenerate after all that work leading up to the festive period,
Take care and enjoy your grandees.
hugs, Neet 6 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the glove puppets Annie. Theo certainly loves them too. At least you have had time to get straight and tidy before the next onslaught. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3