Friday 4 January 2019

This week's smiles....week 302

I'm back!  I've had a few weeks off....needed to focus on other things and get my head round what life was throwing at us.  I'm so glad that we are a strong family and when life throws us challenges we are able to support each other and get through it....it doesn't happen over night but we are all recovering and hoping 2019 is a kinder one to us all.

When life throws me challenges I like to be kept busy which I certainly was leading up to Christmas with my Memory bears and what a lot of smiles they have caused so many people....I've had lots of lovely feedback and I feel truly blessed.

Having 6 gorgeous grandchildren has certainly helped...you can't sit dwelling on things with little ones around you plus there has been so many happy times shared with them over the festive season.  I have found just a few of my pics to share with your today.....




When Father Christmas asked little Theo what he wanted for Christmas he said...'A guitar like Daddy's please'.

I know it's a ukulele but he's one very happy little boy as you can see....here he is jamming with his daddy and grandad. 






'One careful driver'





Have a feeling this little girl loves her Nanny....she's so like her mummy and I really love this photo.



On 27th we were asked to a house party over the road at our neighbours...the theme was 'Old before your time'.  A difficult one for us of course cos we already have the grey hair, glasses and walking sticks but of course you just have to make an effort....the scary thing is when I look at my pic I see my mum looking back at me  :-)



The weather was lovely last weekend so, as we were badly needing a breath of fresh air and a stretch of the legs, we headed off on an adventure in the motor home.  As you can see Biscuit bear is posing in front of the window....can you see where we are?....answer at the bottom of the page.



The best part of our adventure was baking fresh bread rolls in the oven and frying bacon to make these yummy bacon rolls....I bet you can smell them from there....and they were every bit as yummy as you imagine.

We enjoyed a lovely walk with Milly on the beach and along the promenade...it was really good to get out in the fresh air.




I hope you have enjoyed my smiles for this week.  Thanks for all the love and support I've been given over the last few weeks...you're all such lovely people.

Here's hoping we can all share lots of happy smiles over the next year.
Hugs,
Annie x

The answer to where we went is....Colwn Bay :-)


8 comments:

Helen said...

glad you are coming through your tough time, I hope 2019 is happy and healthy for you and the family. Your 'old before your time' pics did make me smile!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope 2019 proves all your hard times are over. Your post was so fun to see, from Theo to your Old Before Your Time photos. It looks like a lovely Christmas, too. Finally, it sounds like you had a good time in the camper. I would not have known where you were, since I'm not familiar with England at all (grin)!

Hope your smiles are bigger than your pain, dear Annie. Here's to 2019, good health, good times, and lots of smiles.

Lisca said...

I’m so glad you’re back. In difficult times, it’s important for the children to ‘do’ Christmas even though you don’t feel like celebrating. It’s great that Theo has a ukulele. He might even learn to play it one day. It’s a fun instrument.
The photo of you and your granddaughter is beautiful. It oozes love as you rightly say.
Isn’t it wonderful to have a camper van so you can get away when you want. Enjoy!
No I didn’t recognize Colwyn bay, although we have been there many moons ago.
Have a good weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Catriona said...

Beautiful photos, Annie, And you certainly are a family with love to spare. Serious campervan envy of you being by the sea-anywhere there is sea, I will love it. X

Twiglet said...

Fab photos - each one made me smile. xxx Jo

mamapez5 said...

Lovely to see you back Annie. I know it must have been hard for you all this Christmas, but I see there was still plenty to smile about.
I love the little musician. I have one of Ben this age playing a toy piano, and one of Jonathan with 'air' drum sticks and now he drums in a heavy metal band (two or three bands actually) so who knows what Theo will end up doing.
It looks as though he has mastered his car too.
All your photos made me smile. Well done for cooking breakfast in the van. I love the beach at Christmas and at least you had your motor home to warm up in when it got chilly.
I hope this is a good year for you and all your family. Kate xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Great to see you back. I thought I'd scheduled this post but hadn't checked the time so it's a bit later than planned. Despite everything it looks like the family have given you something to smile about. I'll get back to you soon as I'm on limited time here, that's all I'm saying at the moment. Take care and have a great weekend, Angela xxx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely post, Annie. Good to have you back even though I've not joined in this week. I didn't recognise Colwyn Bay, even though we stayed there for the crop before last. Enjoyed the photos of your gorgeous grandchildren. Hope to be back with a Friday Smile post this week. Hugs, Ellie xx