Wednesday 23 January 2019

WOYWW....

Wahoooooo it's Wednesday and, for me, it's the best day of the week when I catch up with all my creative blogging friends around the world.  My Mojo has returned from his holiday and I've actually been feeling creative as well as being busier with customers too.

So, on my desks.....yes it's a toofer this week.


This is the table [it's behind where I normally sew] where I use the lap top [I'm typing this now on here], set up my embellisher or one of my other sewing machines when I have a project on the go so I can still use my main machine on my desk.  

Today you can see [from left to right]...
  • The pieces now all cut out [apart from the wadding] to make my new bag with
  • In the middle are 40 squares all cut out to make a quilted cover for the folder I keep my Memory bear pics in.
  • The pile of clothes that I've been cutting up to make my latest order for 4 Memory bears out of.
It was a busy day on Monday as you can see but on my other desk is....


The pile of Memory bears in the making and of course these will have to be made before any bag or quilting gets done.

That's all from my desks for today but I would really like to share something with anyone wanting to read it.  Back in September I made a lap quilt for my cousin who was by then in a care home.  At the time I thought it might be nice for her to have a little hug from me each day.  Little did I know just how special it was to become.  She loved her quilt and proudly showed it off to everyone who saw it and when she was taken seriously ill just before Christmas she had taken it into hospital with her.  Sadly she her condition deteriorated, she lost her fight and passed away on Christmas eve....wrapped in her quilt.  It not only gave her a lot of comfort but to her family around her to know that when they had to go home at the end of visiting time she was still wrapped in my love....it was a blessing.  We attended her funeral last Friday and not only did the quilt get a mention in the eulogy but many folk thanked me for making it for her.  I always feel that the love I put into my sewing benefits many but I really feel very honoured to be able to give comfort to so many at such a sad time.  She was a very special lady who deserved the best.....I'm just glad I could help.

Thanks for popping by to see what I've been up to this week.  If you leave me a little message then I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you're sharing this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Helen said...

oh what a lovely story about your quilt and your cousin - so sorry for your loss, but what a heartwarming end to her life. Happy WOYWW Helen #5

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. We must have the same ups and downs. It's just good to have some energy to accomplish something. Hugs to you on the loss of your cousin. Have had 2 Brother in laws dealing with serious health issues also but they seem to be on the mend. Hard winter travels for sister and SIL both had to stay a few nights too much ice. Enjoy today's WOYWW and keep warm

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. A heart-warming post today - especially the news about your little quilt. So glad she loved it right to the end - that's beautiful. Well done for thinking of making it in the first place. Your desks are full of activity - I am more than impressed, as mine is sadly neglected at the moment!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Neet said...

Aaw Annie, that has left a tear in my eye. What a lovely thing to have happened at such a sad time. So sorry for your loss but glad you found comfort in the knowledge that you were with her and she knew it, at the end.
Just think, this could be happening all over with your Memory Bears. You are a spreader of happiness.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Annie, it must be such a comfort to you to know how much she loved that quilt. It really was a huge hug from you. So sad to hear of her passing.
Your memory bears are also a comfort to all who receive them, you really do put everything into creating them so i'm glad to hear your mojo is back where it belongs.
Happy woyww Hugs Tracey #9 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I fear we may have brought the snow back with us. I'm off to the acupuncturist again this morning though I am feeling much better thanks to you. Hope you're good too. Pleased Mr Mojo is back on-line too. Have a great woyww and happy crafting too, Angela x17x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How wonderful that the quilt was so loved, that really is special and goes to show that all the gold and riches in the world can't compete with love and something given in love.
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh Annie, that was such a lovley story if the deep love and joy that gift of the quilt brought someone when they needed it the most, the reminder that they were special and loved.
Thank you for sharing it.
Sending prayer hugs your way and so glad you’re feeling more like yourself,
Shaz in Oz.x #6

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
{Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, what a lovely, if sad, story. Proves yet again that your makings are so special because of all the love you put in when making them.And reminds us that we never know how much our actions can mean to someone. Love & hugs to you all. Shaz #7 XxX

Jan said...

Great work space have a great week xx Jan (21)

Elizabeth said...

Your mojo is definitely back, Annie. Now can you get yours to chase up mine and send it back here to get me going again. Both desks look very busy but I know you like nothing better than being busy. And that is a lovely story - so nice to know the comfort your quilt brought to both the recipient and her family. It's not often a quilt gets mentioned in the eulogy! Have a great week. Hugs, Ellie xx #29

Caro said...

What a lovely story about your quilt and your cousin. How nice to have brought comfort to her. Love that your mojo is back and look forward to seeing what you make. Take care and have a good week. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#27)

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin Annie, but what comfort that lovely quilt brought her and her family. Glad the mojo is back! Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Anne said...

Hello Annie. Thank you for your kind words re mum. So sorry to read about your cousin but how lovely that she had the quilt you made. It brought a tear to my eye as I remembered the Prayer Shawl I knitted for my friend when she had Ovarian Cancer, I know it comforted her and it was with her to the end and for her funeral. Take care. Anne x 16

Catriona said...

Glad your mojo is back. Thank you for sharing the story of the quilt-how lovely that you made something so comforting for one of your family. Hugs.

Twiglet said...

Your "special" makes carry much more than just love to the recipient. So glad that mojo is back. xxx Jo

Kelly said...

Your quilt was an amazing gift. I wish more people had your heart. She left us knowing she was loved. Truly a blessing.

Looks like the memory bears are keeping you busy. such cute little bears with a special purpose. Creative Blessings! Kelly #32