Saturday 2 February 2013

LillyBo Quilt number two....

As most of you will know Jo and I are supporting a wonderful cause at the mo that Jozart has set up.  We are making little LillyBo quilts for children that are having treatment in hospital. Each quilt has a bag to keep it in that can double up as a cushion to snuggle up to when needed.  If you would like to support the cause then pop over the the LillyBo quilt blog to check out the details.

I am sharing the second quilt that I have now completed and this will be posted to Jozart with the first one I made this week so that they can be taken to the group that is organising distributing the quilts...CHICKS



The finished quilt...it used up scraps of fabric but I'm thrilled to bits with it.



The finished bag....with a little pocket on the front waiting for a little friend to go in.



I've made a little teddy to go in the pocket....Isn't he cute?



Here we are all put together waiting to be sent to Jozart.

I hope you like it....I do.  :-)

HmmmmmI wonder what number three will look like?



I've joined in the fun over at Pixie's playground with this quilt  because it's made of lots of snippets  :-)

17 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What a super quilt and a great idea. Love the teddy too! Will check out the other blogs to see if I can help. Such a good cause.

voodoo vixen said...

Annie, your quilt is a gem, so bright and pretty and the bag with the fruits on it, brilliant but the wee teddy stole my heart... what a lovely bonus to find that in the pocket.

mckinkle said...

Hello Annie,

What a truly beautiful gift! You can just imagine the childs face as they receive it!
Love your teddy too!
Keryn x

Twiglet said...

Just perfect!! I still haven't decided what to put in my pockets - ha I even forgot to put a pocket on my last one!! Hopeless or what?! x Jo

lisa said...

this is gorgeous, Annie. I love the hearts and the pocket on the bag is such a good idea.
I got some panels today to make a start so my machine will be whirring away tomorrow.
Hugs Lisax

JoZart Designs said...

The two beautiful quilts arrived this morning! Woo hoo! amazingly with bag and toys. How lovely! You really are a star. Thanks so very much.
I went to Vicky Stampers today and AnnB gave me one too! It's amazing how things have blossomed.
Off to flop now and get some food but speak soon
Love jo x

fairy thoughts said...

Another fab quilt Annie, well done. I am so enjoying seeing all the creativity that is happening with the quilts. I look forward to seeing your next one
janet

Ann B said...

How could we not like it Annie, it's beautiful. Very cheery colours so some little girl or boy will love it.
Ann B
xx

Di said...

So sweet Annie - beautifully made (and with a lot of thought and love).

So sorry - I'm sure you asked about joining in the Snippets Playground a week or two ago and I didn't respond - slap my wrists here!

Absolutely 100% - of course you can join in using snippets of fabric! We'd love you to come and play. For this week feel free to back link your quilt(s) - we don't have many rools and I could do with someone used to controlling little tearaways :)

See you soon!

Hugs, Di xx

BadPenny said...

Totally lovely.
Thank you for all your recent comments - today's I have to agree !!!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Wauuu I admire your work-gorgeous again,
Tamara

Lydia La La said...

where do you find the time, Annie???
Lovely work and for a great cause.
hope the winter up there is not getting you down. I'm well and truly over summer here, Specially with the horrendous floods and fires. Take care...xo

Gill Edwards said...

oh Annie, you lot are so clever to make quilts, the colours are gorgeous and the design so clever.

Gill x

scrappymo! said...

Your quilt is so nice and the story of whay you are making them is so special.
The little pocket with the crocheted toy is so sweet.

Cardarian said...

What a lovely quilt you have made! And the bag and the teddy! Clever of you to translate my blog, ha, ha so English readers can get around to read my Slovenian post!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Gillian R said...

What a fabulous quilt

Irene said...

Another amazing and stunning quilt and bag.
luuv
irene
xxxx