Wednesday 9 February 2022

WOYWW....

 It's been one of those weeks to really try your patience for me this week....

  • I printed off the sentiments chosen by the customer [this is important later] for the fronts of the 9 Memory cushion covers...I have to iron bond-a-web onto the back of fabric and cut it out A4 size for it to go through the printer.
  • I cut out the off white hearts and the larger hearts and bond-a-webbed the backs.
  • I made up the toppers for the fronts of each of the 9 cushions using machine embroidery.
  • I cut out the cushion covers....each one was to have the sleeves accross the front as a hug.



Here are the 9 toppers all made up






I made up the 9 cushion covers and sent their photo to my customer for approval.


I also made her a Memory bear out of the same fabric as the large hearts on the cushion toppers....isn't he gorgeous?

Several days later [and before collection] she messaged me to say her Sister-in-law had noticed a mistake on the sentiment!!   Did you notice it?  None of us had and neither had my customer but of course it had to be right so I had to correct it.
  • I had to unpick the machine embroidered stitch all round them, a stitch at a time on all 9, reprint it and replace it.  Of course it's not so easy to do when the cushion covers are all made up and there were times when the air got a little blue but I did it.  I don't always get everything right but lesson learnt now!!


I now have jobs lining up on my desk for today...
  • The cot quilt is now all planned and the material to make is is all ready to cut out.
  • I have 4 Memory bears to make and each one is to have a personalised label around his neck.
  • I have 21 rainbow flags cut out ready to make new bunting for Theo's bedroom.



So that's all from me for this week....please leave me a little message and I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

15 comments:

Helen said...

The cushions look great - glad you got them checked before sending off; well done for being able to correct the mistake (eek) Happy WOYWW Helen #?

Lynn Holland said...

Oh how frustrating Annie and so much work. I went back and had a look and yes I did see it.
I suppose there’s a lesson in there somewhere. At least you’ve got the satisfaction of knowing you’ve done a good job and a happy customer.
Take care, have a good week
Lynn xxx 7

Diana Taylor said...

Oh goodness, how frustrating. I didn't notice it until I went back and had another look - I'm so glad you managed to fix it. The Memory bear is beautiful and I bet the customer was thrilled with her bundle of treasures. Enjoy your busy day,
Diana xx #8

Twiglet said...

I'm exhausted just reading what you have done and plan to do - Wonder Woman! xxx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh Annie, one extra S equals all that extra work! Blue air indeed. Couldn’t you just say that the poem should be read with a Bristolian accent! Theo will love the cheery bunting..it will be so fun. Make time for yourselves this week…seems very busy.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Busy lady as ever and such great results too. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x10x

Lynnecrafts said...

Oh Annie, poor you! I didn’t see it till I went for a second look. How frustrating!
Your memory cuddlers are so wonderful, it’s a pity to have extra work like that. Maybe email them a copy in future and say that any later alterations will be charged?
Theo’s rainbows sound great.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Christine said...

Patience of Job comes to mind. I had to look twice and then some.
Hope this week goes a little easier for you
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

All that correcting was a bit of a pain, but glad it all worked out well. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Well done for getting it all corrected. I love that fabric. You are certainly very busy and productive. Ali x #19

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, the cushions are gorgeous. Shame about the mistake - I'd have been cursing too. The little leftover bear is gorgeous. I can see you're really busy a with quite a to-do list but I hope you're not doing to much - remember you've been ill recently. Alan always says he's not overdoing things but he does, despite me frequently advising him to take it easy. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Ellie x #22

Neet said...

What a bleep bleep! I can well imagine how you must have felt. Devastation before anger! It is so easy to do and I didn't read what was on so it got away for me (even with glasses I struggle these days).
I was always careful when teaching and writing on the chalkboard - kids loved a teacher to spell something wrong.
Have a great week and stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

SO frustrating Annie - I had to read them twice to spot the mistake I must admit. Glad they worked out in the end. They look fabulous anyway. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

StampinCarol said...

After I enlarged the picture I caught the boo-boo. Had to been tough to fix. Great batch of projects in the making!
Have a wonderful week!
Carol N #17

Sharon Madson said...

So sorry you had so much work making the corrections. But beautiful work. Your memory bears are so cute. Have a great week. Sharon #25