Wednesday 22 August 2018

WOYWW.....

Here we are at yet another Wednesday catch up with our creative friends.  The crop in Llandudno is fast approaching and I've been getting a few bits ready to bring with me to that plus it's been a busier week for me so far.


As promised last week here are my, now finished peg dolls....hope you like them as much as I'm certain Theo will.


On Saturday afternoon Jo came round to play while our men were at the footy.  As she left I thought I'd tidy up and put my beads back up in the cupboard but alas they didn't make it......and don't beads go a long way on laminate flooring?
They covered the whole of the floor, under all my cupboards too.....I didn't know whether to laugh or cry cos many of my bead containers has shattered!



After a trip to The Range on Sunday to pick up new storage Jo popped round on Monday morning to help me sort the gathered up beads into their new home.....it's surprising what you can do over a cup of coffee....it wasn't as daunting as I first thought.



Since then I've been enjoying cutting into some of my new fabrics.....can you guess what I'm making?



Little Theo has learnt to throw so of course he needs something that's safe to be thrown in the house.  I have previously made our other 5 grandchildren 10 bean bags each and I know they are still played with so I'm sure Theo will get a lot of play out of these.



Of course when you've cut into new fabrics, and Aldi's have some for sale this new pack just had to fall into my trolley at the weekend.....I'm sure fairly neutral greys will go with most things aren't you?
I couldn't resist temptation.



This is my latest little bear.  It's for the lady who won my latest gift draw over on my Facebook Page.  She sent me a really lovely message telling me all about the memories he will hold safe and I just know he's going to a really good home.....sometimes things happen for a reason and this is def one of those situations.


That's all I have to share this week.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will do my best to pay you a return visit.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

Claire said...

I just love your peg people - so full of personality!
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire no. 1

Neet said...

Love those little peg folks - what a delightful gift for your grandson. They truly are beautiful and would sell like crazy if you made some more.
What a shame about the bead drop! It must have been so frustrating to see them all go on the ground and the containers break and the beads scatter. So glad Jo came and helped you put them into their new homes, so much better to share with someone and over a cuppa even better.
Hugs, Neet xx

Twiglet said...

Fab post Annie - so many things to celebrate there!! Happy days! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, everything's looking good apart of course from the beads, think I would have used some naughty language and then told myself how stupid I was and then cried. I hate it when something like that happens but at least you have someone to help you re-sort them. Have a great woyww my friend. Hugs, Angela x15x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, I do sympathise! I dropped a box containing lots of little jars of brads & eyelets once, as you say, laminate flooring lets it go everywhere! Love The Range for all sorts of useful stuff, so happy we now have one in town, nearest one used to be Kidderminster. Gorgeous fabrics, and I especially like the greys in that pack. Lovely. Be seeing you soon! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Sarah Brennan said...

Ouch, I dropped a box of brads once in the shed Annie. Not sure if carpet is better or worse than a laminated floor. Glad you managed to get everything sorted. Theo will love those peg dolls! Have a great week and see you at the crop. Sarah #21

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm back! Not exactly hale and hearty but certainly better than last week. Love your little people - your attention to detail makes them so special. Those beads ... everywhere ... bet you're glad it isn't a carpeted floor! Your new storage looks just the ticket. As usual you've been busy with your makes - love the bean bags and the bear is gorgeous too. Nice fat quarters too - I must have missed them at our Aldi - which is probably just as well given the stash I have. Roll on the crop. Hugs, Ellie x #23

Ellie said...

Awww nuuu beads everywhere :(That bear is gorgeous , love it! Also the peg people made me chuckle, they are super cute. Xxx
Ellie #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I never go into Aldi's, but maybe I should - those fat quarters are fab and the ones I've shown on my blog today were from there too! The bean bags are great fun and useful for all sorts of games. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Crop and is it true that your considerably older big sister is coming?? Woohoo!!!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Paper Wishes said...

Tiny beads are a nightmare I admire your perseverance in mastering them. Love the colourful been bags as im sure the kids will too. Great for them to have a creative Grannie

Caro said...

Love the peg dolls and bean bags! What a nightmare with the beads... so glad that you found alternative storage and a sister to help tidy them up! Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#19)

Helen said...

oh no, all those beads... well done for getting them (most of them - I imagine there are still a few hiding, those things always seem to..) picked up and re-stored! Love the peg dolls. Helen #2

Frayed Round The Edges said...

oh my goodness what a job to sort all those beads, glad you had some help. Karen 9

Anne said...

Love the peg dolls and the latest Memory Bear.
Oh my word re the beads!!!! Glad you got them up and sorted. Anne x #7

Hazel said...

What lovely fabrics. Your peg dolls are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a good week. Hazel, WOYWW #20 x

Dorlene Durham said...

Oh my goodness, those peg dolls are adorable! Love them. In fact, everything you shown is just wonderful. Great photos lady! Dorlene #30

Lindart said...

I LOVE those little beanbags - I don't have any Grandkids yet, but if I start making them now, I will be ready when they arrive someday! LOL! I love your bears, they are so awesome and meaningful. Lucky lady who won one! Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #27