Hello all....yes I'm here late again!
I have really had a wonderful week filled with smiles but my feet have barely touched the ground and every day has seemed like a weekend so I keep forgetting what day it is.....I call it old age :-)
Since last Friday I have....
- Enjoyed Saturday afternoon with my big sister and a school friend of hers while our men were at footy and then she cooked us tea so there was lots of chatting, laughter and generally putting the world to rights.
- Sunday we went to Shells and were joined by Mark, Gina and little Theo for a buffet lunch and exchanged parcels ready to be opened the following day. We all played a game like Charades only using a blow up, life sized character called Dude....it was such a lot of fun and could be enjoyed by all.
- Monday...Christmas day....We joined Amy, Dave and family for Christmas dinner. We enjoyed Turkey and all the trimmings cooked by Amy....so lovely to see the adults your children have grown into and Amy's three are spaced almost the same as our own three so it was just like history repeating itself. They are adorable children and we really enjoyed our day.
- Tuesday was a more relaxed day and we managed to get some of our Christmas jigsaw done....this one is going to take it's time but we are having fun doing it.
- Wednesday I visited one of my very best friends who was celebrating her 60th birthday....she's more like a little sister to me so I feel very lucky to have her in my life.
- Thursday....yesterday....we drove to Altrincham for a big family party for an elderly Auntie's 100th birthday. Alas she was unwell and unable to join us at the party but lots of photos were taken so she can share it all with us when she's feeling a little better and it was really lovely to catch up with about 70 family members, many of which had travelled many miles to get there and who we hadn't seen for many years.
So there you go.....that brings us around to today being Friday ....but it feels more like another Saturday or Sunday!!
I hope you have enjoyed sharing my smiles....I have just a couple of pics to share today.
Milly had a wonderful time Christmas morning....as you can see she really enjoyed opening her parcels and loved all the paper. She would like to say thank you to Auntie Ellie and Uncle Alan for her pink squirrel toy....she loves it and enjoys shaking it like a rat and throwing it around the room :-)
That's all from me for this week. I just need to wish you all a very Happy New Year and to thank all who join in the Friday fun each week.