Friday 3 February 2017

This week's smiles....week 206

Where do these week's go?  The days seem shorter and I think someone pinches a day each week for me....how about you?  It only seems 5 mins since I was looking for smiles to share with your last week.

First let me thank the 5 of you who shared their smiles with us last week.  I really do appreciate your help in doing our bit to make the world a happier place to be .....you can never have too many smiles can you?

I am sharing just a couple of photos this week.....I did try to snap my little snowdrops that are starting to bloom on the lawn but you couldn't see them clear enough to share them so maybe by next week they will have grown big enough so you can see them.

My first share is a floral one though.  Just look at my gorgeous amaryllis [Mark and Gina bought it me for my birthday back in October so it's been a long time coming but is soooooo worth the wait].  I've had many of these over the years ...usually with one stem but occasionally with two but this one has three stems.  The first to bloom has 4 flower heads and the second has 4 more just starting to open.  I'm not sure how many the third stem is going to have yet but isn't it stunning?  The blooms are the darkest red and look just like velvet....I love it and it makes me smile every time I look at it.



My next pic of of Milly watching her fav programme of the week on the telly.  It's the one on BBC1 on a Tuesday night with the spy cameras on the animals and she just loves it.  I'm really not sure what she thinks she would do if it was real crocodile but she sure makes us chuckle and we end up watching her each week more than the telly.




That's all I'm sharing this week so please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and if you can please link up your own smiles too.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Isn't little Milly the best, she is such a character. It would be wonderful to know what she's thinking.
The amaryllis is a stunner and certainly was worth the wait.
Well I managed to make a brooch yesterday so who knows I might even finish the VAT return today haha
Have a good weekend Annie. Will show you my makes on Woyww next week xxx

Lisca said...

That amaryllis is absolutely gorgeous! I have always loved amaryllises and people never had to look for a Xmas present for me, just give me some amaryllis bulbs! I haven't had one since we live in Spain. Must look out for them next year.
Little Milly is gorgeous too. Look at her eyeing that croc! I can just imagine she provides just as much entertainment as the telly.
Have a great week,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, it always makes me wonder what is going through there minds when our furry friends watch the TV. She is such a sweetie x Loving your Amaryilis too, not had one of those for ages, think the orchids have taken up all the space Lol! Have a great weekend and big hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

That is a beautiful amaryllis Annie. I love them, and nearly always had one at home each Christmas. I did buy some out here. They have a different season here and usually live outside. Mine have come up again, but they don't show any sign of flowering.
Milly makes me smile. She looks genuinely interested in the TV though.
Kate xx

Creative Cardiology said...

Hi Annie,
That flower is beautiful and must look so cheerful in your room and the pic of Milly had me grinning, she's just so intent on the croc.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Michelle

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, your Amaryllis is just stunning - and you three stems too, mine only had two with just one flower on each! Love the colour. Super shot of Milly - I wonder which is her favourite animal and does she understand that some have a camera in one eye :) Thanks for sharing your photos - they did make me smile. Hugs, Ellie xx

Twiglet said...

Fab post Annie - you always make me smile! xx