Wednesday 17 June 2015

WOYWW...

These weeks seem to be flying by don't they?....Or is it just me?

There is never a dull moment over here at Sewing by Annie's.

What with......
  • minding the Grandees
  • sewing for my ever growing numbers of customers
  • planting out a few bedding plants and weeding in the garden
  • planning and preparing for the building work to start
  • time to do some creative sewing
  • a shopping trip to Ikea
  • dressmaking for myself
  • oh and of course cooking, cleaning and general housework too :-)
Here's just a few quick pics to share with you...




My latest piece of crazy patchwork using some of my fav fabrics....well you do don't you when you're sewing for special friends :-)





My latest top I 've made for myself this week....I cut two tops out ages ago but had never found the time to run them up so more on the way some time soon :-)


My 'man that does' putting together my latest purchase from Ikea....it's a 6 drawer cupboard on casters [it's called an Alex] for my new sewing room.  I plan to put all my threads in here so it can be moved to which ever of my 6 machines I'm working at :-).....this girl has been making room plans for the sewing room.....getting soooooooo excited now :-)


That's all from me for this week folks.  Busy busy busy....but nothing new there :-)  Please leave me a little comment to say you've called in and I will pop over to yours as soon as I can.  I'm sorry to say that there are still some of the google+ blogs that I am unable to leave comments on but believe me I do read your blogs.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Nikki said...

Those blues are wonderful. so sweet of your man to build that for you too mine would hand me the box and leave lol Hates Ikea directions lol
hugs Nikki 1

Helen said...

the patchwork is stunning!! love your Man that does, they are so useful (need one here sometimes!) the chest will be so useful. Helen 3

Helen said...

sorry, 2!

jill said...

Where would we be without a man that can understand the flat pack instructions. Lol. The sewing is great also Annie. Jill #12

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HMMM! I have to put my own things together, so I envy you. Not that we have an IKEA within a thousand miles of my house. I sure like what you are doing. I have two drawers for thread, so I NOW KNOW how much thread you must have. That's incredible.

As much as I would LOVE to, I won't be by for Friday Smiles this week. I have several appointments that I simply can't miss, so sleep becomes a necessity. Regardless, happy WOYWW from # 5.

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the quilt, and your top.
Julie xxxxxxx

Neet said...

Love that you are getting ready for your new room. Kind of brings it closer to fruition. Also love love love that patchwork that you have done, crazy or not, it works and so well. Love the stitching between each piece.
How you have the energy to fulfill that list of yours and make yourself a blouse I will never know, you are a wonder!
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's a great shaped top....it's the sort of thing I like to wear. Clever you, it looks brilliant :-) as does the patchwork, great colours and love the stitching too.
Your sewing room will be a thing of beauty by the time you're finished :-)
Hugs, LLJ 8 xxxx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie...a woman's work is never done and yet we find time to do all those other tasks...you are being very busy. Love your new top, gorgeous colours, pin tucks and all. We had a trip to Ikea two weekends back - got some great ideas but must wait till our building is done. Lovely colours in your crazy quilt too. Have a wonderful week cheers RobynO#16

Laura said...

Your crazy quilting is gorgeous! x

Lisca said...

I'm glad you are gradually getting more customers. Thats good for business. (although it increases the busyness). So much to do!
I love your quilt and I quietly envy you for throwing together a beautiful top like that!
What a good man you have to put together your flat pack furniture. My man is handy and willing too, but doesn't read instructions so I'm better off doing it myself. (which I don't mind really).
Have a great week,
Lisca#18

Sue Jones said...

Your patch work is fab. LOVE Ikea and the alex is lovely Enjoy :)
Sojjay 10#

Unknown said...

Lots of stitching and fun Ikea stuff--you know how to live. Love the colors of your patchwork, and the top is so pretty. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #43

Anne said...

Hi Annie thank you for popping by. It's lovely to be 'seeing' old friends again. You are also so busy I don't know how you do it all. Lovely work there. So happy that your sewing room is getting closer - envy you that :-) Happy WOYWW Anne x #25

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You're lucky, my husband wont touch flat packs anymore, they give him the twitch but we have had some interesting moments in the past with them.
Love your little dog he looks as though he could be a schnauzer.
Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela xXx 26

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work on the patchwork, Annie and what great dedication putting together flatpacks like that.. and love your flowers at the top too!

Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #60

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

sandra de said...

Now that is a fine man to have about the house.... quite decorative :) Have a wonderful week doing all those jobs.
sandra de @37

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit, we had to leave yesterday so playing catch up. Again a beautiful day here. Love that patchwork quilt and so glad you found IKEA to fill a dream...ideas are great finding what you need here is another. No IKEA close for us. My first visit was in Germany when visiting my son and I loved their things. You do have a busy schedule. Enjoy

Twiglet said...

I was sure I called in here yesterday but obviously not! Hope that sewing room takes shape soon - you will have so much fun setting it all up. x Jo