Thursday 28 November 2013

My advent calendar Christmas tree....

I have been busy making an advent calendar Christmas tree for my Grandchildren to decorate when they visit and as it is all made from snippets I am linking it up on Di's Snippet playground. Di is celebrating her 100th week of being in charge of the playground keys so I wanted to help her celebrate by joining in the fun over there  :-)




My little Christmas tree is 17" tall and is made of a  stuffed fabric cone covered in felt pieces to give the tree branch detail and has a stuffed felt star on the top.  It had a wooden stand made by my wonderful hubby and has 24 little buttons stitched around the tree to hang the ornaments on.


 I have then made 24 little ornaments the children can hang daily on the tree...of course there had to be two of everything at least to save any falling out  :-)

These sure used up a lot of my felt snippets Di so just know I can link it up with you.  :-)


12 comments:

Laura said...

Can I adopt you as an extra Granma? :) Fabulous tree, I'm sure the twinnies will love it x

Twiglet said...

It is pefect - they will love it but I think they might want to play with it too. x Jo

BJ said...

Love the little felt ornaments and that's given me an idea. Perhaps I can just pop 24 of my existing decs in the pocket calendar to be put on the tree each day. Thanks BJ#51

mamapez5 said...

This is so lovely Annie. The little ones will love doing it. I used to have a bought tree advent calendar, and the boys had to take turns at adding an ornament, but they each had one of their own as well. Yours takes me back to some very happy days. Kate x

JoZart Designs said...

The tree is just gorgeous Annie. I can just picture the Munchkins delight at putting the little characters in place. You are a perfect Nannie!
Jo x

Karen said...

Oh Annie, this is amazing!!!!! I love all the little felt decorations and having buttons to hook them on is perfect for little fingers :-D A brilliant, brilliant idea perfectly executed my lovely xxx

p.s. soon be time for me to get my little reindeer out that you made xxx

Nan G said...

Darling little tree! Love the tiny stuffed ornaments. You are one talented stitcher. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Sweet little advent tree...they will have great fun with this!

Di said...

Wow this is lovely Annie! I love that you made two of each little decoration - keep one step ahead.

I bet the Vick jar is well hidden now - what a fright! Hope the little ones are perfectly OK now.

Hugs, Di xx

Debs Willis said...

Annie, this is so clever, love it! Your grandchildren will have a great time with it!
Hugs
Debs x

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful way to count down to Christmas!

Annie said...

Had to call in from the Playground to have a closer look at your tree. oh wow it is totally gorgeous.
Annie xxx