Sunday 25 April 2010

Woolfest goodies...

Twiglet and I had a really brilliant day yesterday at Builthwells Woolfest.

We parked in the car park and had a long long walk to get to the hall but even though I struggled to get there it was well worth the walk. The building was full of stands full of inspiration. Wool rovings, threads and fabrics shouted at us from every corner.

We made our first call to find Sara from Crafts of texture on her stand and to use the voucher she has sent me [£5 off if you spend £30 so who could resist :-) ]. I have been following her preparations for weeks and really looked forward to meeting her for the first time. Here she is next to her stand and don't miss to notice the banner my daughter and her hubby's business made for her [she was very proud of her banner and said what wonderful value it had been]. Do check out the link if you are in need of a banner ....I have 2 either side my drive and I have more than doubled my business in the time they have been there.

We enjoyed a coffee then made our way around all the stands. There were so many fab suppliers of everything woolly. We were like overloaded blotting paper by the end. :-) Twiglet has taken photos of some of the stands and plans to blog them so I'm just gonna show and tell all the fab stash we bought to share.


We got home and emptied our bags out on the table to share our stash between us and thought you'd like to see it all before we split it up. You can see the wool rovings we bought from Sara plus pieces of dyed wool pre felt, silk velvet, wool curls and much more that we found on our search around the stands :-) I'm certain this will all give us fab inspiration for our next projects and neither of us can wait to get dumfing.


Now all we have to do is find space to store it all....or maybe we should just use it quickly :-) To leave you all with a smile I thought I should also include the fab sari silk waste we bought. I can see more poppy pictures being made with this, can't you?

11 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

ooooooooh lovely yarns

Jensters said...

Some great Dumfing stuff here x i went to a needlework fiesta yesterday and i was like a child in a sweet shop....lol

Twiglet said...

Ooo Wips - we would like a needlework fiesta wouldn't we!!!

mckinkle said...

What a fab show it was, I love the banner, it really makes a difference, so much more professional I think!
If I had a business I would invest but sadly Im a Jack of All :(

What gorgeous colours youve got, I get blinded by colour and could just look at it for hours!

Really look forward to seeing your makes over the coming weeks!

Keryn x

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Looks like a wonderful stash. Was the Woolfest combined with the food fair like it was last year?

SueH said...

Glad you both had a fab day
and it looks you've going to be very, very busy!

Sue
x

Felted House said...

As I just commented to Twiglet I'm jealous but so glad you both had such a good day! What gorgeous colours. xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Use it, use it! :) Your new supplies look soooo scrummy. Have fun..xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Now you'll just get on and use it. Unlike some of us who would be hoarding for ..well, no other reason!! I can see peonies too...?

Carmen said...

Ooooh such gorgeous colours. I really, really want to be able to make things with wool and aim to be started at least by the end of the year - there are so many gorgeous colours!

Sara Millis said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time and am really pleased you dropped by the stand... At last a chance to say 'Hi' to some bloggy friends!
Sxx