Friday 21 June 2019

This week's smiles....week 326

It's been another wet week here at Sewing by Annie's but the smiles keep on coming thankfully.  We were away last weekend in our Motor home on a really lovely campsite with reliably excellent facilities in Builth Wells....we used to go there when our family was small and we had either a towing caravan or a trailer tent.  It's a family run site [the same family since 30 years ago] and is now run by the next generation who played with our three as children.




As you can see Milly loves the life of adventure.

Whilst there we had visitors....the children didn't know where they were coming to so were very surprised to see us.  We enjoyed lunch together and then went for a walk around the wild water swimming/boating lake on the site...I think next time they will be bringing their wetsuits :-)



Lexi was in Shrewsbury carnival on Saturday with her drama group and Shell volunteered to walk round with them so of course she had to dress up to.
Lexi also had to perform her tap dancing routine on stage in the quarry with her dance group.
Well done Lexi ....so proud of you.





Tuesday saw our little man helping his Grandad picking the first strawberries....all the rain has mean the slugs has got to some of them before us but as you can see there's still plenty to go round.....and Theo loves them :-)



Don't you just love this pic of Poppy and Molly?  Molly has really grown now and as you can see they are the best of friends.




I put a pic of the mystery plant in our garden on here on Wednesday and my clever friend Elizabeth has identified it for us.....its Purple Loosestrife, for those wanting to know, and at some point it should reward us with lovely purple flowers......Thanks Ellie [you're so clever].






I'm sure many of you will have noticed my new blog header....aren't the poppies gorgeous?
Here's my latest collage of garden flowers out and making us smile this week.


Finally I thought you'd smile when I show you the proof that I really do have something missing....it's been rumoured for many years now.

I hope I've managed to make you smile and you will now share your smiles by linking them up below.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Millie might like the life of adventure, but she also seems to like those naps she gets in in between adventures!

How wonderful that you were able to meet with the grandchildren in your camper vans. Lexi and Shell look ready for the carnival. Is that similar to a fete, or are they completely different? We have carnivals in the states, but no fetes is the only reason I ask.

Those strawberries are HUGE. As big as the ones I buy in the store. I have a friend who grows strawberries, but they NEVER get that big.

OMGosh. Molly has REALLY grown. Goodness that was fast. Congrats to Ellie. I know what a rose looks like, and a few types of hostas, but other than that, I'm hopeless.

Don't you hate it when you're trying to ,ale am alpha word and one of the letters is missing? Had a good chuckle. Have a great Friday and super weekend, dear Annie.

Helen said...

I did notice your gorgeous blog header. Great pics of the things that made you smile this week. Hope the coming week is slightly less wet.

Catriona said...

How lovely that you had a trip in the van and had some welcome visitors. Theo looks like he is inspecting the fruit to see which ones he’ll be eating! Lexi and Mum look the part for being in a carnival and glad the dancing went well. Weather is supposed to be good this weekend so we may have a run out to the seaside. Happy weekend. X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, lovely to see everyone having such a good time and that includes the dogs. Your plant should be beautiful when it finally produces flowers. Lexi and mum look very much the part and you must be very proud of them all. Have a glorious weekend and hugs to you all, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

Your camping adventures sound like so much fun, and how lovely to be joined by the children.
I love the garden. I am sure purple loose-strife used to be considered a 'wild flower' rather than a garden one, but I love all the plants that have a spears of flowers.
Well done Lexi. I remember Ben's gym club having a float in Oswestry carnival and he was a jack-in-the-box. He was only about five, and the float had no sides so I spent the whole journey hanging onto his box to stop him tumbling over the side!
I am sure Theo enjoyed his strawberries. they are always special when you have helped to pick them.
The two dogs are like tins apart from the size difference and they look so content in one another's company.
And of course, I love the new poppy header. Happy days! Kate x

Twiglet said...

Happy days! Oh and I am sure someone will have a spare N for you - put it on WOYWW and see who comes up with the goods! xx Jo

Elizabeth said...

Morning Annie, or should that be An-ie??? I'm so disappointed you don't have enough of the letter 'N' in the scrabble set. Maybe someone in blogland has an 'N' going spare. That aside, another lovely post from you today with lots to smile about. I'm so glad Milly has taken to a life on the road and it looks like the children have too. I can't think of anything better for them than getting away into the country as often as possible. Lexi is growing up to be a beautiful young dancer - she looks gorgeous in her outfit. That's a wonderful strawberry harvest for Theo too - bet he enjoyed them. We've both got flowers on our mind today and I look forward to seeing the mystery plant in flower - I so hope I've identified it correctly. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah an N needed Annie, sorry none Downunder, but glad Elizabeth answered the flower question think the wild flower expert is def Elizabeth, her vase of flowers last Monday were amazing! Well need go. Lots of other smiles that’s for sure Annie. 😃 😃 😃
Shaz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lisca said...

Hello An-ie, I'm sorry but I don't have Scrabble, otherwise I would send you an A.
Love your new header. Poppies are gorgeous. Well the rest of your garden is gorgeous too.
Great tht your grandies visited you on the camp site. Must be wonderful to go to such a familiar place, where you now the owner's parents as well as their children. Very special indeed.
Well done Lexi (and Shell). I bet they had fun.
The dogs are gorgeous. Molly has grown so much.
Sorry I'm so late. I'm sure you understand.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca