Friday 12 April 2019

This week's smiles ....week 316

Here we are at the weekly round up of what's made us smile this week.  I'm certain it does me good to spend a little time each week concentrating on the happy times so I hope you will all join in the fun and help me make the world a happier place. I'm starting with a few pics I took around the garden yesterday...it was a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky [hence why I've changed my header pic].


There's colour of some sort in every corner of our little back garden and I love it so just have to share it with you.



Saturday morning saw us rising early to go to watch these three running the last part of their half marathon.  They ran individual miles after school each night then joined 1800 other children from schools around Shropshire to run the final 1.1 mile.  It was so lovely to see them all taking part in their races....they ran them in age groups and I have to say there was a very proud nanny and Grandad sat watching them.  The race was ran in aid of charity so I'm sure there will have been a lot of money raised by them all.




Not something to smile about was that Sam fell over on concrete his way to his swimming lesson and sadly broke his collar bone....but it has made me smile at the love and care his twin sister has given him....they really do have a special relationship.

Get well soon Sammy.


This was my Tuesday fun with little Theo....you can see just how much he loves the little knitted characters that Jo knitted for him.
They all really enjoyed playing in the play park.....


....and taking it in turns to go for rides on the bus. :-)
We have such fun together.

As you can see my week has been filled with smiles.  I hope you have enjoyed sharing mine and will link up to yours below so we can see what's been making you smile too.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually had something I could use to join Friday Smiles this week. It was totally unexpected, but I was thrilled to be here. I love your new blog banner and the photos of your flowers. Looks like great minds think alike.

I got a big grin at the three "racers" with both dogs photo bombing the picture. That was priceless.

Sorry to read about Sam, but Lexi is taking good care of him, I'm sure. What an adorable bunch. Have a lovely Friday and the rest of the weekend, dear.

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear Sam has fallen over. Poor lad! But it's good his twin is looking after him. Our twins, a boy and a girl, never got on and still don't (they are 42).
Great that the children have done this charity half marathon. I hope a lot of money was raised. Bless 'em.
Your garden is a delight with all those flowers and blossoms.
I like Theo's play park. It reminds me of the Fisher-Price toys from back in the day. Theo (and Nanny) are having fun.
Hugs,
Lisca

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lots of smiles there dear Annie, love the knitted Beatrix Potter animals too so understand his love for them.. sorry re Sams break he seems chirpy in spite of it with his smile and sisterly care, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

crafty cat corner said...

You are so right. Sometimes we forget about the good things around us and just see the misery. You've certainly made me think that today I will look around for the good. Lovely pics of your Grand children, sadly mine are all grown up now. (am I really that old, lol)
Briony
x

mamapez5 said...

Your flowers are beautiful Annie. I love the new header.
Well done for all the children doing the charity run. What a sensible way to split the distance up.
I am sorry to hear about Sam. I remember the time a friend brought Jonathan home with a damaged bike and a broken collar bone! There is not a lot they can do except be patient while it heals, so I hoe he feels better soon. I am sure he will with his little nurse looking after him.
And Theo, as ever, is having fun. You must really enjoy your Tuesdays with him.
Hugs Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, just back from the gym and feeling good but to be honest I could have stayed in bed this morning! Lovely photographs all round today. Poor Sam, bet he was feeling sorry for himself but youngsters soon mend and take these things in their stride. Loving the photo of your three runners but I'm afraid the dogs are distracting me all the time! Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I made it this week - by the skin of my teeth perhaps but I had plenty to share so that's good. Love your garden photos - the blossom looks particularly beautiful against that blue, blue sky. The photo of the three marathon runners is super and the dogs look as though they are ready to join in too. Isn't the puppy adorable!!! Poor Sam - hope he makes a speedy recovery though I'm sure Lexi will do her best to keep him entertained while he gets better. Theo looks completely engrossed with the little people in the play park. And just think of all that he is learning while he plays too. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Lynn Holland said...

Poor Sam, hope he heals quickly. Well done to your gang on their achievements. What little stars.
You are right Annie it does us all good to reflect on the good things that have made up our week
Have a super weekend. Xxx

Twiglet said...

I'm sure I left a comment here last week - old age and forgetfulness! xx