Friday 1 March 2019

This week's smiles....week 310

Oh what a week filled with smiles it's been for me this week.  It's been half term holidays for my grandchildren so there's been busy, fun filled days for them and of course they share them all with me so here's a few collages of what they've been up to this week...




Lexi and Sam had a few days taking in the sights of London with their mum and dad and were so excited at all they saw....
  • London eye
  • Science museum
  • National History museum
  • Madame Tussauds
...to name but a few. 



Steve had been encouraged to attend a goalkeeper training day because the trainers at his after school sessions had seen real potential in his playing. So on Friday he attended a day of goalkeeper training ....and at the end of the day he was given yet another award for player of the day....he really loves his football and we are all so proud of his achievements.



On Tuesday night Steve went for his matchday experience at the Shrewsbury Town ground for the Shrewsbury v Doncaster match.  He was one of the flag bearers when the players came out onto the pitch and then, during half time interval, the children played a game on the pitch...Steve in goals of course.

He not only made several really good saves but the crowd cheered him when he did....trust me when I say there was a very proud Daddy and Grandad watching him play....he's a star.

Not only that but Shrewsbury Town went on to win their game too so a very happy hubby came home Tuesday night.





Lulu was really chuffed Tuesday night when she gained her Golden badge at Brownies....more sewing for Nanny now I guess.  :-)



We have a new family member this week too....meet Molly puppy.  Amy and family have been searching for a while now for another puppy, a friend for Poppy dog.  They searched and chose very carefully and managed to find the perfect litter bred with children in the house and fetched little Molly home on Sunday morning.

We popped over to see her on Sunday afternoon and she is simply adorable and as you can see has settled in very well at her new home.











On top of all that excitement we also went with Mark and Gina for a second viewing at a 4 bedroomed house they fancied and I'm really pleased to say they have now put in an offer and it's been accepted....please keep everything crossed for them.

So, as you can see it's been a really busy week for me and the family...and it doesn't stop there because  Sunday is 3rd March and my darling hubby will be 65....he will be retiring in July so there will be lots of smiles and celebrations up and coming.  Happy Birthday gorgeous man....love you to the moon and back.
Hugs,
Annie x

11 comments:

Helen said...

smiles all round this week and some lovely memories for the family.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW! The grandchildren had a fabulous spring break. They got to see many of the places I also want to see if I ever get across the pond and get to London.

Steve is really doing well in his soccer, too. Sorry, but a football is not ROUND (grin)! I'm really impressed, so I KNOW you and your family is, too. Lulu is to be congratulated, too. I remember my grandmother had to sew my badges on, too. Great job for both.

What an adorable new puppy. Molly is adorable and seems to fit in well with Poppy and the rest of the family. I have my fingers crossed that Mark and Gina don't run into the same problems you did when looking for a new home.

Happy birthday to your husband on the 3rd. I know you both are excited for him to retire.

Have a great Friday and weekend, too.

Catriona said...

What an exciting week all round and lots of good news too. Oooh-Motorhome will travel after your husband retires-Bonnie and Clyde of Shrewsbury will be on the road. Lovely photos all round to start the month.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, looks like a great week at yours. Loving the new puppy and it's looks like Poppy loves her too. I'm off walking with friends now so will be back later to pop round everyone. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

What a busy week, and so much going on! The children have had great outings. I haven't been to Madame Toussauds for 40 years! It changes a lot. It looks like fun.
Isn't Steve doing well with his football! Well done Stevie. I like it that the croud cheered when he saved a goal. He is a star.
Of course Lulu is a star too with her new badge. You didn't say what this one was for but it is 'gold' so must be very important.
Puppy Molly is gorgeous. Is Poppy getting on a bit? Anyway it is nice company for her-
That is good news about Mark and Gina buying a house. I hope everything goes well with the buying process. You never know in England. Nothing is binding until the very last moment.
I suppose you are preparing for the big birthday now. Happy birthday to him and many happy returns. Have a lovely day all of you!
Love
Lisca

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, another week and so much to smile about. The twins trip to London looks like a lot of fun - so many places to visit too. And Steve is such a star - not at all surprised his grandad was so happy with his achievements. Lulu's too. Poppy looks a bit surprised with the new addition but she appears to have taken to Molly very well. Congratulations to Mark & Gina - I wish them a life time of happiness in their new home. And happy birthday to that lovely man of yours on Sunday. We both hope he has a wonderful day. Hugs to you both. Ellie xx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely happy week Annie. It is so nice that the children had good weather for their half-term holiday this year. I have had lots of happy days in London with my boys over the years, and there is even more great places to visit now.
Well done to Steve for his football. He is a champ in the making, and good goalies are always in demand.
I bet the girls love having little Molly to cuddle and play with. She is beautiful, and it looks as though Poppy has well and truly accepted her too.
Happy Birthday to hubby. Enjoy the celebrations. Kate x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This was a great post to read. Your grandchildren looked so happy. The puppy is adorable, and seems to be fitting right in. I had plenty of smiles as I read this post.

Twiglet said...

Such a lot to keep us all smiling there Annie! Lovely photos. Well done to all! xx Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

I am so late for WOYWW that I’m enjoying a twofer! My word what a week you’ve all. Had, how wonderful. And a special hug and kiss for the man of the moment..happy birthday Doddy....no one’s that old! Ha Ha I slay myself! Catriona’s bear is a beauty and I am so happy about the way you used every piece of the check shirt for the hairdresser...it continually proves how much you understand the importance of what you’re making. Xxx

Dorlene Durham said...

Great photos of a great week. Dorlene #25